Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Where Exactly Are We Headed: A Response

12346»

Comments

• Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,309
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

Poont of emphasis, you need an elite QB and QB coaching to mimic the Clemson model. Neither of which Petermen has displayed at this poont. Skinny could be great and could be gone after one year. He could be mediocre and be here two. If Petermen needs a Huard to drop into his lap continuously then we have an issue. The QB room mismanagement really is starting to concern me beyond Browning sucks and could be an ongoing limiting issue instead of just a browning thing.

Not sure this is actually true. If there's one thing this state consistently produces it's highly rated QB's. Obviously a lot of them haven't panned out but it's not hard to fathom they'd have done better under Pete.

In my lifetime:

84 - Chandler
    86 - Conklin
    89 - Hobert
    91 - Damon
    94 - Brock
    97 - Tui
    98 - Luke/Jared Jones
    01 - Stanback
    06 - Locker
    09 - Heaps
    13 - Browne
    16 - Eason
    18 - Sirmon
    21 - Huard

Obviously only a few of those guys are at ISHIT's savior level, but clearly Hobert and Tui had what it took and Brock and Eason probably would have under the right coaching, with IS and Locker having outside shots.

Point being, if there's one position we need frequent transcendent talent at, QB is the best one.

We should also be able to pull the occasional Moon/Brunell out of Cali and should be in position to compete for the next Mariota/Tua out of Hawaii.

ATBSJBSS, and also, I think we're going to be fine.
    Sure, but if we start the Browning and Haeners of the world, allow talent to transfer out, have an inept offense that prevents talent from playing, or simply are incapable of developing and exploiting QB talent then what does it matter?

I'm ready to LIPO this year and all but if the offense is still dogshit with this much talent at multiple positions then Pete is the problem.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

dnc said:

Poont of emphasis, you need an elite QB and QB coaching to mimic the Clemson model. Neither of which Petermen has displayed at this poont. Skinny could be great and could be gone after one year. He could be mediocre and be here two. If Petermen needs a Huard to drop into his lap continuously then we have an issue. The QB room mismanagement really is starting to concern me beyond Browning sucks and could be an ongoing limiting issue instead of just a browning thing.

Not sure this is actually true. If there's one thing this state consistently produces it's highly rated QB's. Obviously a lot of them haven't panned out but it's not hard to fathom they'd have done better under Pete.

In my lifetime:

84 - Chandler
    86 - Conklin
    89 - Hobert
    91 - Damon
    94 - Brock
    97 - Tui
    98 - Luke/Jared Jones
    01 - Stanback
    06 - Locker
    09 - Heaps
    13 - Browne
    16 - Eason
    18 - Sirmon
    21 - Huard

Obviously only a few of those guys are at ISHIT's savior level, but clearly Hobert and Tui had what it took and Brock and Eason probably would have under the right coaching, with IS and Locker having outside shots.

Point being, if there's one position we need frequent transcendent talent at, QB is the best one.

We should also be able to pull the occasional Moon/Brunell out of Cali and should be in position to compete for the next Mariota/Tua out of Hawaii.

ATBSJBSS, and also, I think we're going to be fine.
    Sure, but if we start the Browning and Haeners of the world, allow talent to transfer out, have an inept offense that prevents talent from playing, or simply are incapable of developing and exploiting QB talent then what does it matter?

I'm ready to LIPO this year and all but if the offense is still dogshit with this much talent at multiple positions then Pete is the problem.
    But we're not going to whiff on the Easons of the world going forward and won't be stuck starting the Brownings and Haeners.

I *get * the frustration and the skepticism, I just think it's going to work itself out, and probably quite soon.
  • Options
    animateanimate Member Posts: 4,231
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    You know what?

This is a byproduct of our success.

Turnover of talent ... especially in a position where typically only one guy is "the man"

I would offer that any top 10-15 team trending upwards experiences this on the regular.

Someone check all the top programs ... You have highly rated players moving around all the time. It's actually a testament to Peterman and his "built for life" shit that keeps turnover low compared to other top programs.

We're just so used to it that people are freaking out now that Washington is levelling up.

Get used to it and suck Peterman's dick that turnover is relatively low.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,720
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Where are we headed?

• Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

Where are we headed?

That's a helluva jacket Nick. Nice rings too.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

Where are we headed?

That's a helluva jacket Nick. Nice rings too.
    @KissTheRingBitchDawg!!! True???