Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Our best 3 year run in 25 years...

13»

Comments

• BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member Posts: 11,224

dhdawg said:

ZoneUW said:

dhdawg said:

Ackbar is not very good. One of those dudes that's fast but not a great RB

he's a sophomore. he can get better.
    He sucks until he doesn't. Right now, he sucks.
    Yep. A career ypc of 6.2 is terrible.
    that's got to be a loaded average. he's reeled off some big runs, and he's probably feasted on some pastry Ds. when I watch him, he doesn't seem to have Gaskin's vision, and he sure as hell isn't a tough as Gaskin after contact. Gaskin makes 4 to 6 yd. runs on plays where the O line has been beaten. I've never seen the terrorist break a fucking tackle. Sure, if the lane is there and he sees it, he's fast and has balance and all that. But .... like I said, it'll be chintresting to see what he does next year when Myles isn't around and everybody actually cares about his performance. He's gotten a huge pass by the fanbase thus far because MMFG.
    I think he's feasted on longer runs as the change of pace back in the second halves of games.
  • KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,849
    McGrew is a better back than Ahmed.
  • KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,849

dhdawg said:

ZoneUW said:

dhdawg said:

that's got to be a loaded average. he's reeled off some big runs, and he's probably feasted on some pastry Ds. when I watch him, he doesn't seem to have Gaskin's vision, and he sure as hell isn't a tough as Gaskin after contact. Gaskin makes 4 to 6 yd. runs on plays where the O line has been beaten. I've never seen the terrorist break a fucking tackle. Sure, if the lane is there and he sees it, he's fast and has balance and all that. But .... like I said, it'll be chintresting to see what he does next year when Myles isn't around and everybody actually cares about his performance. He's gotten a huge pass by the fanbase thus far because MMFG.
    I think he's feasted on longer runs as the change of pace back in the second halves of games.
    Thread winner. He isn’t and never will be a between the tackles back. He’s never seen a sideline that He won’t run to. He’s a good complimentary back due to speed,speed, speed. He’d be better suited for the Air Raid then whatever it is that you guys run.
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,861
    salemcoog said:

dhdawg said:

ZoneUW said:

dhdawg said:

Thread winner. He isn’t and never will be a between the tackles back. He’s never seen a sideline that He won’t run to. He’s a good complimentary back due to speed,speed, speed. He’d be better suited for the Air Raid then whatever it is that you guys run.
    He's like Ballage was at asu but not as good looking

Same crap tjouhj. He's a guy that can run fast but sucks as a rb.
  • LebamDawgLebamDawg Member Posts: 8,671 Standard Supporter

Ahmed doesn't get the carries Gaskin got so let it play out. I can think of a half dozen "read" options where Ahmed gets the ball 7 yards deep as he is being tackled. He was used on a lot of our trick shit cute plays that don't work

He looked GREAT in the Apple Cup but then again which Husky doesn't?

I wouldn't sell his stock just yet. I do understand the concern

When Peterman remakes the offense the terrorist may have a better chance - unless he remakes it more complicated. Unfortunately, I think he makes it more complicated.
  • ExtraChrisBExtraChrisB Member Posts: 1,811

Ahmed doesn't get the carries Gaskin got so let it play out. I can think of a half dozen "read" options where Ahmed gets the ball 7 yards deep as he is being tackled. He was used on a lot of our trick shit cute plays that don't work

He looked GREAT in the Apple Cup but then again which Husky doesn't?

I wouldn't sell his stock just yet. I do understand the concern

I think he suffers a lot from some of the same things Lavon Coleman did in 2017. Coleman was amazing when he got the ball going downhill, made one cut, and go. He sucked the 3-5 times a game Babushka would forget he had subbed in for Myles and gave him the ball on a read with his feet stopped.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,594 Founders Club

dhdawg said:

I felt the same way about Louis Rankin as a sophomore. By the time he was a senior, he was a good back.

• PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,772 Founders Club

dhdawg said:

I felt the same way about Louis Rankin as a sophomore. By the time he was a senior, he was a good back.

A little bit of shameless self-promotion...
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,594 Founders Club

dhdawg said:

A little bit of shameless self-promotion...
    any excuse to use that gif