Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Adidas Gear showing up at UW Bookstore

Comments

• Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,472
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    PurpleJ said:

I like Puma and Umbro and Lotto and Adiadora.

• Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,501
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited December 2018
    Fuck Lotto and Diadora. Dirty Italian shit.

New Balance does a good job with the Liverpool kits.

• Options
    JustWinNowJustWinNow Member Posts: 357
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    I don't give a shit where a company is supposedly headquartered or where they hide the money to not pay taxes. Fuck them all they need to pay the UW period and I hope the uniforms are cool. I also don't care about the helmets as long as they are not the Damon huard era monstrosities those were a total sin.
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,472
    Swaye's Wigwam
    PurpleJ said:

Fuck Lotto and Diadora. Dirty Italian shit.

New Balance does a good job with the Liverpool kits.

I like New Balance a lot
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,741
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    haie said:

haie said:

haie said:

PS: I don't get the Nike hate. Consider, if one can get past the juvenile Oregon obsession:

1. Vanguard company. Leads. Does not follow. Creates. Does not limit itself to perfecting that which others created. Sometimes groups like that challenge the status quo too much and alienate small-minded people. Who cares? Don't be one of those people.

2. American company. For all the neopopulists obsessed with "but but globalism", here's your huckleberry. Nike = American. Adidas = German Eurotrash with actual Nazi history.

3. PNW company. One of the success stories of the greatest region of the United States, hands down.

4. Has done more than any other player in the space to elevate the importance and visibility of sports, which is one of my (and your) favorite social institutions. Argue it at the margins if you must and want to waste your breath. But it's a fact that is hard to dispute.

5. Because of #4, they've helped schools and leagues, pro and otherwise, create tremendous value.

6. They support their athletes. Whether you agree with Kap or not (I myself don't see the issue), they didn't leave him when he became unpopular, and they made the right call.

7. I want to quit hearing about sweat shops. I'm typing, and you're reading, on an instrument made by the same people down the block from the Nike outsource. It's a stupid fucking point. Name of the game is capitalism. If everything were made here, our collective standard of living would drop dramatically. Ask the local economists on the board if you don't understand this poont.

8. Nike wasn't founded by Nazi pigs.

9. Again, for the neopopulism globalism freaks, Adidas is a Eurotrash company. Notice, the "Adi" in addidas is German familiar for "Adolph". That's right; you're shitting on the graves of WWII vets. Be ashamed.

10. Adidas is popular right now because they're better at retro than Nike. Nike, at its core, is about innovation and moving forward. It's who they are. Adidas just knows what people want right now. That will change.

11. UA is just a shitty two-bit company. And what they did with Maryland is just permanently embarrassing.

Adidas NA headquarters is in Portland which is badass. Get as close to your enemy as possible.

Yes, they do retro better. Retro looks better. Nike's forward thinking designs for the NBA suck ass.

But mainly, Nike has done a shit job with UW for a long time now. They've done a pretty bad job with Oregon and Oregon State as well.

WAzzu and SC would be the only two schools they haven't fucked up.
    I had no issue with anything they ever did with Miami. In fact, I can't think of a school they really fucked up.

I'm in the minority and did not mind the muted purple/gold of the RN era. The weasel was not good, but I liked the rest. Even the gold piping on the purple jersey was cool IMO.

I don't care where Adidas is HQ here. What I wrote stands.

They do retro better now. Fashion is cyclical. It'll pass. I like companies that lead and think out of the box. That create value, not just ride on it.

I think this is 90% about Oregon for you. See the preamble to my post.
    It's not about Oregon. They are one of many Pac 12 teams who Nike had to put their signature all over resulting in bad uniforms. We can agree to disagree about Neu UW, but Oregon State without a doubt has shit unis and branding and it's really, really hard to fuck up orange and black.

Adidas came out with shoes for Octoberfest that are beer resistant.

Nike just throws shit against the wall and they're revered when 1/20th of it somehow sticks.

The Weasel logo is the worst logo I've ever seen outside of WAzzu's down syndrome seal. 2014-2018 UW unis are some wannabe futuristic cheap shit.
    1) I still think it's about Oregon.

2) If they were a Seattle company aligned with Washington, this conversation would be going differently and you'd be making the arguments I'm making.

3) You're a software guy for God's sake. Everything in your DNA should be about "what's next?"
    1) I mean fuck them. Sure. By the way Nike's "forward thinking" idea for them this year was just to have really big numbers. And different wings on the helmets. Pretty uninspired.

2) Ehh you're misunderstanding my doogism. I love everything UW, not everything Seattle, except for .NET and AWS. Adidas is pretty awesome, and for our purposes they're a Portland company. They bent over backwards for UW, that's what I want in the end.

3) Sales people want to rewrite and reinvent everything, the people who build the shit don't until they absolutely have to.
    I liked the big numbers. I'm not a fan of the feathers on the helmets, but a lot of people like those too.

I actuallly thought Oregon's generic big number plain unis were pretty cool, especially the yellow ones. The all white ones, in any combo, are soft. But I thought the big numbers was cool. Again, original, not copied.

Sales people and people running the fucking show. In your biz, the very second you get comfortable with your solution, you get passed on the freeway at 120 mph by the competition and you're done. You know this.
  • Options
    PurpleJ said:

I like Puma and Umbro.

such soccer fag, J
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,904
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

PS: I don't get the Nike hate. Consider, if one can get past the juvenile Oregon obsession:

1. Vanguard company. Leads. Does not follow. Creates. Does not limit itself to perfecting that which others created. Sometimes groups like that challenge the status quo too much and alienate small-minded people. Who cares? Don't be one of those people.

2. American company. For all the neopopulists obsessed with "but but globalism", here's your huckleberry. Nike = American. Adidas = German Eurotrash with actual Nazi history.

3. PNW company. One of the success stories of the greatest region of the United States, hands down.

4. Has done more than any other player in the space to elevate the importance and visibility of sports, which is one of my (and your) favorite social institutions. Argue it at the margins if you must and want to waste your breath. But it's a fact that is hard to dispute.

5. Because of #4, they've helped schools and leagues, pro and otherwise, create tremendous value.

6. They support their athletes. Whether you agree with Kap or not (I myself don't see the issue), they didn't leave him when he became unpopular, and they made the right call.

7. I want to quit hearing about sweat shops. I'm typing, and you're reading, on an instrument made by the same people down the block from the Nike outsource. It's a stupid fucking point. Name of the game is capitalism. If everything were made here, our collective standard of living would drop dramatically. Ask the local economists on the board if you don't understand this poont.

9. Again, for the neopopulism globalism freaks, Adidas is a Eurotrash company. Notice, the "Adi" in addidas is German familiar for "Adolph". That's right; you're shitting on the graves of WWII vets. Be ashamed.

10. Adidas is popular right now because they're better at retro than Nike. Nike, at its core, is about innovation and moving forward. It's who they are. Adidas just knows what people want right now. That will change.

11. UA is just a shitty two-bit company. And what they did with Maryland is just permanently embarrassing.

TL; DR.
  • Options

TL; DR.
    Come on. Invest some time.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,480
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

haie said:

haie said:

haie said:

Adidas NA headquarters is in Portland which is badass. Get as close to your enemy as possible.

Yes, they do retro better. Retro looks better. Nike's forward thinking designs for the NBA suck ass.

But mainly, Nike has done a shit job with UW for a long time now. They've done a pretty bad job with Oregon and Oregon State as well.

WAzzu and SC would be the only two schools they haven't fucked up.
    I had no issue with anything they ever did with Miami. In fact, I can't think of a school they really fucked up.

I'm in the minority and did not mind the muted purple/gold of the RN era. The weasel was not good, but I liked the rest. Even the gold piping on the purple jersey was cool IMO.

I don't care where Adidas is HQ here. What I wrote stands.

They do retro better now. Fashion is cyclical. It'll pass. I like companies that lead and think out of the box. That create value, not just ride on it.

I think this is 90% about Oregon for you. See the preamble to my post.
    It's not about Oregon. They are one of many Pac 12 teams who Nike had to put their signature all over resulting in bad uniforms. We can agree to disagree about Neu UW, but Oregon State without a doubt has shit unis and branding and it's really, really hard to fuck up orange and black.

Adidas came out with shoes for Octoberfest that are beer resistant.

Nike just throws shit against the wall and they're revered when 1/20th of it somehow sticks.

The Weasel logo is the worst logo I've ever seen outside of WAzzu's down syndrome seal. 2014-2018 UW unis are some wannabe futuristic cheap shit.
    1) I still think it's about Oregon.

2) If they were a Seattle company aligned with Washington, this conversation would be going differently and you'd be making the arguments I'm making.

3) You're a software guy for God's sake. Everything in your DNA should be about "what's next?"
    1) I mean fuck them. Sure. By the way Nike's "forward thinking" idea for them this year was just to have really big numbers. And different wings on the helmets. Pretty uninspired.

2) Ehh you're misunderstanding my doogism. I love everything UW, not everything Seattle, except for .NET and AWS. Adidas is pretty awesome, and for our purposes they're a Portland company. They bent over backwards for UW, that's what I want in the end.

3) Sales people want to rewrite and reinvent everything, the people who build the shit don't until they absolutely have to.
    Sales people and people running the fucking show. In your biz, the very second you get comfortable with your solution, you get passed on the freeway at 120 mph by the competition and you're done. You know this.
    Yep. I know this.
  • Options
    CrawfishCrawfish Member Posts: 734
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    My "friend" likes the black and purple with gold trim uniforms. Maybe, Adidas might put an emphasis on these type of uniforms.
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,490
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Give me real gold and uniforms that aren't shit. That's all. Nike failed at both.
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,501
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    People forget that the school colors aren't decided by Nike. They were chosen by the school.
  • Options
    ClevdawgClevdawg Member Posts: 118
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    For the record: Jesse Owens won his medals in 36 Olympics wearing Adidas. Which stands for Adolf Dassler not the other guy. However, the firm did supply the youth organizations of Germany in the 30’s. Industrialists of the time Porsche , Mercedes, BMW, Krupp, Bayer played their part in World war 2. While we are at it, don’t think your safe going with General Motors. They supplied the trucks and the tooling for the wait for it........ Opel Blitz. The truck was the base transport used in the “ Blitz Krieg”. Ford Motor company ? Too controversial to make a toasty poast here. But for a real head scratcher check out Hugo Boss. That being said, I do believe given the support Nike gives to the community college down south we should never give them a dime.
  • Options
    SECGRIDIRONSECGRIDIRON Member Posts: 93
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment Name Dropper
    Swaye said:

Head hurting already.

Now cumpounded...
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,832
    Clevdawg said:

For the record: Jesse Owens won his medals in 36 Olympics wearing Adidas. Which stands for Adolf Dassler not the other guy. However, the firm did supply the youth organizations of Germany in the 30’s. Industrialists of the time Porsche , Mercedes, BMW, Krupp, Bayer played their part in World war 2. While we are at it, don’t think your safe going with General Motors. They supplied the trucks and the tooling for the wait for it........ Opel Blitz. The truck was the base transport used in the “ Blitz Krieg”. Ford Motor company ? Too controversial to make a toasty poast here. But for a real head scratcher check out Hugo Boss. That being said, I do believe given the support Nike gives to the community college down south we should never give them a dime.

Henry Ford bobbed on Hitler’s knob and was a noted anti Semite
  • Options
    HippopeteamusHippopeteamus Member Posts: 1,946
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper

haie said:

90's UW: dark purple and borderline mustard color "gold".

We need:

Plain purple tops, large block white numbers.

No stripes on the shoulders, just a gold panting husky logo without the W behind it on each lower shoulder.

Mustard pants, just the purple W on the hip, nothing else.

White socks. Purple shoes. Helmet the same as we have.

what's the husky logo w/o the W behind it? like an actual husky head? I hate those.

Only W symbols anywhere, stripe on helmet, purple/white and white purple jersey, don't mind shoulder stripes (of the throwback variety like SC does) but not multi colored patch patterns , non-LSU yellow gold gold pants no stripes, whatever socks, black shoes.

Ditch the American Flag W forever.

Once in a while, the all black / purple detail unis are pretty cool with the non-shiny black helmets.
    1995?

1979 and the current logo are the best imo.
    I’m guessing the people in our current marketing department are relatives/descendants of whoever was running the show in 1919.
    That's Sunny, the sun dodger. It would make an appropriate mascot for the TBS board.
  • Options
    TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

I like the 30s ones

• Options
    Swaye said:

Clevdawg said:

Brother Rudy was a Nazi. That is all.