Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Medicare for all saves $5.1 trillion, new study

Comments

• Options
    mobeymobey Member Posts: 3,254
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Why would we do this?

The stable genius is going to make healthcare available for everyone very cheaply - and it won't even be that hard.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=K8mw1-KGCQg

I can’t wait for the mental gymnastics you guys will be doing when Trump supports it.

Imagine asking how we’re going to pay for something that costs less than what we’re already paying. But Ocasio-Cortez is the idiot that doesn’t understand basic economics and how things work in the real world. You guys are fucking clowns.

• Options
    Blu82Blu82 Member Posts: 1,522
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    All we need to do in order to make informed decisions about socialized medicine is look to our friends to the north. Specifically, to the city of Calgary. From the time period of 1985 to 2005, 2 hospitals in the city of Calgary were closed. There had been no new hospitals built or substantially expanded during that time. From 1985 to 2005 the population doubled in that city.
    Do you think demand dropped that much? If so, do tell.
    Also, during that time the Heart Institute in Spokane had approximately 30% of its patients coming from Canada. (I know several of the docs that owned it.) The Canadians were in Spokane for treatment because they would die waiting in line in the wonderful Canadian system.

Liberalism, find a cure.
  • Options
    allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Blu82 said:

All we need to do in order to make informed decisions about socialized medicine is look to our friends to the north. Specifically, to the city of Calgary. From the time period of 1985 to 2005, 2 hospitals in the city of Calgary were closed. There had been no new hospitals built or substantially expanded during that time. From 1985 to 2005 the population doubled in that city.
    Also, during that time the Heart Institute in Spokane had approximately 30% of its patients coming from Canada. (I know several of the docs that owned it.) The Canadians were in Spokane for treatment because they would die waiting in line in the wonderful Canadian system.

Liberalism, find a cure.

All you need to know about the American healthcare system is it still ranks below Canada.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,607
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Blu82 said:

Liberalism, find a cure.

All you need to know about the American healthcare system is it still ranks below Canada.
    AP or Coaches poll?

Canucks still come to Seattle for healthcare too
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,290
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Blu82 said:

Liberalism, find a cure.

Really? According to what metrics?

Also, solid shift away from providing evidence about medicare for all's savings. Wouldn't want to have to do that.
  • Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457

Blu82 said:

Liberalism, find a cure.

But what about Venezuela?
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,575
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    It doesn't take much reading to figure out that the savings portrayed here is only one scenario in the report, and that another scenario which is not as liberal about projected savings for drug and administrative costs shows that it would cost trillions more. But please, let's just cherry pick the information that agrees with what we want to believe is true.
  • Options

Blu82 said:

Liberalism, find a cure.

OK, as long as you call dying because of rationed access superior.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Blu82 said:

Blu82 said:

Liberalism, find a cure.

It doesn't count if you don't die in a hospital!
  • Options
    edited December 2018

It doesn't take much reading to figure out that the savings portrayed here is only one scenario in the report, and that another scenario which is not as liberal about projected savings for drug and administrative costs shows that it would cost trillions more. But please, let's just cherry pick the information that agrees with what we want to believe is true.

I prefer to think the cost will be $32 trillion. And not consider and other factors. That's the smart thing to do.
  • Options

Blu82 said:

Blu82 said:

Liberalism, find a cure.

It doesn't count if you don't die in a hospital!
    Thank you for the enlightenment. Now I understand how the Canadian system is superior.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Don't forget the great healthcare in Cuba
  • Options
    Blu82 said:

Blu82 said:

Liberalism, find a cure.

I mean I appreciate you're anecdotal evidence, it means fuck all but thank you for sharing.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Blu82 said:

Blu82 said:

Liberalism, find a cure.

I mean I appreciate you're anecdotal evidence, it means fuck all but thank you for sharing.
    I like to make unsubstantiated claims about medicare for all's savings and then mock people for anecdotal evidence. That's a thing I like to do.

Also,

https://forbes.com/sites/quora/2017/06/13/why-the-us-has-better-cancer-survival-rates-than-the-rest-of-the-world/#35b122974b67

We have better access to better care and the freedom to purchase it ourselves instead of a government panel deciding that we aren't worth the "marginal improvement in life expectancy over a population".
  • Options

Blu82 said:

Blu82 said:

Liberalism, find a cure.

I like to make unsubstantiated claims about medicare for all's savings and then mock people for anecdotal evidence. That's a thing I like to do.

Also,

https://forbes.com/sites/quora/2017/06/13/why-the-us-has-better-cancer-survival-rates-than-the-rest-of-the-world/#35b122974b67

We have better access to better care and the freedom to purchase it ourselves instead of a government panel deciding that we aren't worth the "marginal improvement in life expectancy over a population".
    but I thought Obamacare provided us with death panels? Did I hear wrong?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    2001400ex said:

Blu82 said:

Blu82 said:

Liberalism, find a cure.

Also,

Breathtakingly stupid
  • Options
    pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,831
    Founders Club
    HondoFS defending this abortion of a healthcare system like a good #clockworkshill lapdog.

LRR
  • Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,922
    Standard Supporter
    2001400ex said:

Blu82 said:

Blu82 said:

Liberalism, find a cure.

Also,

Hondo, here's another question for you to dodge. If I have brain cancer and I'm on some form of government healthcare and my only hope is experimental brain surgery will my government healthcare pay for that?
  • Options
    pawz said:

HondoFS defending this abortion of a healthcare system like a good #clockworkshill lapdog.

LRR

El oh El. You can that defending?
  • Options

Blu82 said:

Blu82 said:

Liberalism, find a cure.

Also,

Going bankrupt to live an extra 3 months = great healthcare.