Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Steve Sarkisian: A dim-witted coach living the life of Riley

DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,367 Founders Club
my gawd what a fool he is. even my dad, who is not a fire Sark guy at all, was disgusted late in the game by his stupid play calling that kept the Cougs in the game.

we are stuck with Boy Blunder for a long, long time. Apparently we're still paying off some Karmic debt from the early 90s.

Comments

• jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,726
    It has more to do with taking selfies in a new stadium beating shitty teams and looking good day in purple
  • HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295

tracker said:

Here's what I don't get. . .

How did we go from a program that used to think an 8 win season was a concern to a program
    that thinks 8 wins is the height of excellence?

How did Husky fans become so complacent?

We are so far from being a nationally ranked, elite team it's disgusting.

Washington should be a perennial Top 20 team, a frequent Top 10 team, an occasional national
    championship caliber team.

We should be in the same conversation with Ohio State, Alabama, Oregon, LSU, USC, etc.

I just don't get how our expectations and standards have sunk so low.

I just don't get it.

It's a reflection of the ongoing pussification of Seattle and the state of Washington over the past 20 years.
    Its a reflection of the fan base which altered its expectations after 2004-2008. Old fans with high expectations are thinning out and the new fans are people who are happy with 8 wins and bowl games.
  • Yea I miss when the fan base wanted Lambo fucking fired for going 7-4 or 8-4. I miss when fans a year after a Rose Bowl win were going off on Rick after the Miami game when UW fell to 8-3.

I miss having fucking standards!

I thought I'd never see the day when a coach would get a Gatorade bath after winning his 8th game in a game that had no BCS implications. A game in which UW failed to even cover the spread.

I've said this before but I'll say it again. I MISS Washington damn it!
  • Doogles said:

It's truly incredible how much national pub/respect Washington has received the last decade. Even Vegas and its pinpoint accuracy has overestimated our value time and time again.
    Anyone betting against Washington the last ten years has sent their kids to college and put a ferrari in the garage.

Vegas to be fair had the Huskies going 7-5. The only game they missed was the Oregon State game.
  • DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,545 Founders Club
    Without researching a fucking thing, I imagine Washington against the spread the last 10 years is dreadful.

Say, 17-103
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,482 Swaye's Wigwam
    call him an average coach, by all means. dont call him dim-witted. the dude has made more money in his 39 years than anyone on this bored would make in 3 lifetimes.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,367 Founders Club

call him an average coach, by all means. dont call him dim-witted. the dude has made more money in his 39 years than anyone on this bored would make in 3 lifetimes.

Hence the "Life of Riley" reference
  • gmogmo Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,726 Swaye's Wigwam
    edited November 2013
    I cringe when I hear Sounders (or any idiot American soccer fans for that matter) chanting in a fucking BRITISH accent... what the fuck. That, I will never understand. Douchey doesn't really describe that.
    Doogles said:

It's too expensive to be a die hard fan of the Huskies AND the Sounders.
    I mean, how cool is to walk around downtown clapping and screaming euro style chants in unison.

Throw in a butt plug and it's the ideal Seattle stroll.

• PurpleJPurpleJ Member Posts: 36,917 Founders Club
    gmo said:

I cringe when I hear Sounders (or any idiot American soccer fans for that matter) chanting in a fucking BRITISH accent... what the fuck. That, I will never understand. Douchey doesn't really describe that.

Doogles said:

I mean, how cool is to walk around downtown clapping and screaming euro style chants in unison.

Fucking hipsters
  • PurpleJPurpleJ Member Posts: 36,917 Founders Club
    poc81 said:

PurpleJ said:

gmo said:

Doogles said:

Fucking hipsters
    In my day we just called them faggots….
    REAL soccer fans riot and beat the shit out of opposing fans. And they have racist chants.
  • Haid_D_SalaamiHaid_D_Salaami Member Posts: 541
    PurpleJ said:

poc81 said:

PurpleJ said:

gmo said:

Doogles said:

Fucking hipsters
    REAL soccer fans riot and beat the shit out of opposing fans. And they have racist chants.
    There is an enormous difference between "soccer hooligans"... who are from Britain, usually drunk, generally cool....and American "soccer fags"...who need kicked in the fucking head from time to time to remind them that they're fags. HTH
  • trackertracker Member Posts: 866
    PurpleJ said:

poc81 said:

PurpleJ said:

gmo said:

Doogles said:

Fucking hipsters
    I miss England.