Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Who's left on the table?

Comments

• Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    Swaye said:

WR: Kyle Ford, Bru McCoy, Puka Nacua
    TE: Kyle Patterson
    DL: Stephon Wright
    Buck: Laiatu Latu (50/50)
    LB: Henry Too'too, Daniel Heimuli
    DB: Trent McDuffie, Jayden Williams

I did not consult @SpiritHorse on this

then the spirits arnt with you
  • Options
    Fear_BonerFear_Boner Member Posts: 756
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    @SpiritHorse thinks you should be sent to the glue factory for crossing off McDuffie and Ford.
  • Options
    HUSKYFANATICHUSKYFANATIC Member Posts: 1,651
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    We ain’t gettin nun of those croots. All will be goin to USC
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,901
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

Swaye said:

Domicillo said:

Based on what's been reported and the coaches twitter/visit activity it looks like these are the final non-committed guys we're going to be focusing on this cycle. 10 players, we're already at 19 commits so my guess remains that we'll take around 5-6 more, although several of these guys would be worth taking regardless of numbers. Patterson and Williams feel like locks based on the timing of their offers and the quality of offers they currently have.

Buck: Laiatu Latu

Am I missing anybody? Who do you think we end up with?

Ford, Patterson, Wright, Latu, Hammer, McDuffie.

Maybe it’s the Apple Cup domination or the Pac-12 Championship or the Shitty Rose Bowl or the killer clas we already have, but......

I’m at Full Doog Boner status.

Previous image was the idea of the those recruits.

This image is a more accurate depiction of my reaction....

You are stealing ALL of my gif's. But I like you, so I will let it slide.
    I mean it as the utmost respectful act possible my noble savage.

I have nearly 200 gifs saved that are unique and not pilfered from HH poasters.

And yet, in this instance, only the bouncing beautiful doog and laser boner doog spoke to me in the moment.

I thank you for your sacrifice and allowance of your gifs.

I would eat out of the bb doogs back end...
  • Options
    DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

USC just took a 3-star Guard from Narbonne. He actually looks pretty good on film. Decent pick up for them. That makes three offensive lineman committed to them currently while they are also trying to flip his teammate Jonah T and Biggins said they're also interested in another lineman from Narbonne who's currently committed to SDSU. Point being, they are not recruiting like they're all that confident they're getting Sean Rhyan. Feels like they're out of it after firing their previous O-line coach. If he's willing to leave Cali and cut the cord from mommy he might still be on the table for UW to steal. I have regained some hope with this one. Things change all the time.

I like where your head is at, but I still think he's going to end up at UCLA.
    Bump

• Options
    LaMichael_CorleoneLaMichael_Corleone Member Posts: 1,316
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment Name Dropper
    edited December 2018
    Ford is the most important let least likely option. If you’re gonna stalk anyone get on him.

Wright is a close second because of the depth we already have but his ceiling is so high and we need LA inner city kids.

Hammer feels as close to a lock as can be but Jesus Christ we need him almost as much as we needed Tui.

Latu likes USC a lot but the poly weekend visit should be huge. Heimuli and Ngalu live 45 minutes from Latu so hopefully that helps.

McDuffie is a gotta trust lake case

I could give a shit about the TE as long as we offer DJ Rogers*********
  • Options
    LaMichael_CorleoneLaMichael_Corleone Member Posts: 1,316
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment Name Dropper

Ford is the most important let least likely option. If you’re gonna stalk anyone get on him.

Wright is a close second because of the depth we already have but his ceiling is so high and we need LA inner city kids.

Hammer feels as close to a lock as can be but Jesus Christ we need him almost as much as we needed Tui.

Latu likes USC a lot but the poly weekend visit should be huge. Heimuli and Ngalu live 45 minutes from Latu so hopefully that helps.

McDuffie is a gotta trust lake case

I could give a shit about the TE as long as we offer DJ Rogers*********

its ok, as long as we get better recruits next year, why recruit now.
    Saying I don’t give a shit about him not saying we’re not taking him. There’s no analysis on him he’s our 10th option if we don’t get him Paopao actually has real AIDS. I have Kyler Manu PTSD
  • Options
    ThebourbinatorThebourbinator Member Posts: 664
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    edited December 2018
    Morning kkkliff dive, McCoy USC, Latu USC, Ford USC, any decent players Oregon had recruited USC, McDuffie USC, Heimuli USC, To’oto’o USC, Nacua dropped by USC and ends up at Oregon, Wright USC. Okay?
  • Options
    FKA_MousecopFKA_Mousecop Member Posts: 2,054
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Patterson over wright but otherwise this seems accurate
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,901
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Anything less than the top 5 of that list and I’m bashing everyone that doesn’t wear socks.
  • Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Domicillo said:

Domicillo said:

Based on what's been reported and the coaches twitter/visit activity it looks like these are the final non-committed guys we're going to be focusing on this cycle. 10 players, we're already at 19 commits so my guess remains that we'll take around 5-6 more, although several of these guys would be worth taking regardless of numbers. Patterson and Williams feel like locks based on the timing of their offers and the quality of offers they currently have.

Roof’s picks:
    McDuffie
    Patterson
    Heimuli
    Latu
    Kennedy Lewis
    (Who wasn’t even on our radar when this thread started a week ago)

Based off my twitter sleuthing, I’d agree at this point although a lot can happen in January as the board tends to reset, depending on how many slots we have, other teams needs and any surprises from those who don’t sign early. For example, we didn’t even know about Tuli being in play until he didn’t sign early with USC, and it then became the Tuli/Julius/Jeremiah Martin show on the board the rest of the recruiting cycle.

For subjective maths sake, if Roof is right and those are the final five, we’d move up to 12th currently and likely finish 15-17th again when it’s all said and done. If we got Ford or McCoy instead of Lewis, we’d move up to 7th currently and likely finish somewhere in the 10-12 range.
    Yikes, if that's the best Ruth thinks we are going to finish we may be limping to the finish line.

I do like your point about how we'll see what surprises might be in store after the early signing period. Just hoping Heimuli isn't one of them.
  • Options
    dawgs206dawgs206 Member Posts: 482
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Photogenic

Domicillo said:

Domicillo said:

Roof’s picks:
    McDuffie
    Patterson
    Heimuli
    Latu
    Kennedy Lewis

Based off my twitter sleuthing, I’d agree at this point although a lot can happen in January as the board tends to reset, depending on how many slots we have, other teams needs and any surprises from those who don’t sign early. For example, we didn’t even know about Tuli being in play until he didn’t sign early with USC, and it then became the Tuli/Julius/Jeremiah Martin show on the board the rest of the recruiting cycle.

For subjective maths sake, if Roof is right and those are the final five, we’d move up to 12th currently and likely finish 15-17th again when it’s all said and done. If we got Ford or McCoy instead of Lewis, we’d move up to 7th currently and likely finish somewhere in the 10-12 range.
    Yikes, if that's the best Ruth thinks we are going to finish we may be limping to the finish line.

I do like your point about how we'll see what surprises might be in store after the early signing period. Just hoping Heimuli isn't one of them.
    Lock up Heimuli, Latu, and McDuffie and hold off on Patterson and Lewis (not sure we? lead for him anyway). When we? only need to fill 2-3 more spots for the later signing period we? might be able to get in on some guys like last year while the SC's of the world have to fill out 1/2 or 1/3 of their class.
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,237
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dawgs206 said:

Domicillo said:

Domicillo said:

Roof’s picks:
    McDuffie
    Patterson
    Heimuli
    Latu
    Kennedy Lewis

Lock up Heimuli, Latu, and McDuffie and hold off on Patterson and Lewis (not sure we? lead for him anyway). When we? only need to fill 2-3 more spots for the later signing period we? might be able to get in on some guys like last year while the SC's of the world have to fill out 1/2 or 1/3 of their class.
    I feel like this is the strategy for the staff at this point. Lock up as much as you can for early signing and then swing for the fences on the last 2-3 guys. Won't be surprised at all if we end up back in it for someone like To'To who gets left at the dance by Bama or someone else we aren't even aware of at this point.
  • Options
    jhfstyle24jhfstyle24 Member Posts: 3,255
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

dawgs206 said:

Domicillo said:

Domicillo said:

Roof’s picks:
    McDuffie
    Patterson
    Heimuli
    Latu
    Kennedy Lewis

I feel like this is the strategy for the staff at this point. Lock up as much as you can for early signing and then swing for the fences on the last 2-3 guys. Won't be surprised at all if we end up back in it for someone like To'To who gets left at the dance by Bama or someone else we aren't even aware of at this point.
    We have better chances with Toto than people think. Just putting that out there.
  • Options
    JECARJECAR Member Posts: 580
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    I

dawgs206 said:

Domicillo said:

Domicillo said:

Roof’s picks:
    McDuffie
    Patterson
    Heimuli
    Latu
    Kennedy Lewis

We have better chances with Toto than people think. Just putting that out there.
    I was actually thinking the same thing. He might be a victim of Bama getting guys higher on their board and thus not have a spot. I get it if you want to go to Bama...but to pick Tennessee over UW at this point would be fucktarded.
  • Options
    animateanimate Member Posts: 4,231
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Uhhhh.... "we want Henry!..."