Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Who's left on the table?

Based on what's been reported and the coaches twitter/visit activity it looks like these are the final non-committed guys we're going to be focusing on this cycle. 10 players, we're already at 19 commits so my guess remains that we'll take around 5-6 more, although several of these guys would be worth taking regardless of numbers. Patterson and Williams feel like locks based on the timing of their offers and the quality of offers they currently have.

WR: Kyle Ford, Bru McCoy, Puka Nacua
TE: Kyle Patterson
DL: Stephon Wright
Buck: Laiatu Latu
LB: Henry Too'too, Daniel Heimuli
DB: Trent McDuffie, Jayden Williams

Am I missing anybody? Who do you think we end up with?

Comments

• Options
    picalogestabopicalogestabo Member Posts: 651
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Von Nostrom? Halseth?
  • Options
    GaryFromTeenMomGaryFromTeenMom Member Posts: 1,370
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Patterson, Wright, Latu, Heimuli, McDuffie.
  • Options
    DomicilloDomicillo Member Posts: 3,025

McMillan?

Never offered. Sounds like ended up giving Williams the extra/backup/however you want to look at it, DB offer that McMillian and a few others were being considered for. I'm disappointed, but I hope there still ends up being a PWO opportunity for him at least.
  • Options
    DomicilloDomicillo Member Posts: 3,025

I agree, those five along with Williams is what I got right now along with an outside possibility for either Nacua or Ford.
  • Options
    KrunkJuiceKrunkJuice Member Posts: 2,046
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment

This is what I thought as well but I will add Ford.
  • Options
    Edwin_BambinoEdwin_Bambino Member Posts: 2,943
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

This is what I thought as well but I will add Ford.
    Ford has been pretty heavy on the UW likes lately.
  • Options
    GaryFromTeenMomGaryFromTeenMom Member Posts: 1,370
    I wanted to add Ford but just couldn't Doog out that hard. For whatever reason, Ektard seems to think he's leaning Oregon--the team already with 4 WR commits. Okay.
  • Options
    DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739
    edited December 2018

Domicillo said:

Based on what's been reported and the coaches twitter/visit activity it looks like these are the final non-committed guys we're going to be focusing on this cycle. 10 players, we're already at 19 commits so my guess remains that we'll take around 5-6 more, although several of these guys would be worth taking regardless of numbers. Patterson and Williams feel like locks based on the timing of their offers and the quality of offers they currently have.

Ford, Patterson, Wright, Latu, Hammer, McDuffie.

Maybe it’s the Apple Cup domination or the Pac-12 Championship or the Shitty Rose Bowl or the killer clas we already have, but......

I’m at Full Doog Boner status.

Previous image was the idea of the those recruits.

This image is a more accurate depiction of my reaction....

• Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

I wanted to add Ford but just couldn't Doog out that hard. For whatever reason, Ektard seems to think he's leaning Oregon--the team already with 4 WR commits. Okay.

Well that's Sark recruiting right there. Ektard loves Sark. HTH
  • Options
    BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs

Eklund is using the fact that UW has reached back out to Puka Nacau as his reason that UW is out of it for Ford.
    He did the same the thing with McDuffie. Such a fucking idiot. Has he never heard of contingency plans? Having a plan B does not automatically mean plan A is leaning elsewhere. It means our coaches aren't fucking stupid and are prepared for all scenarios.
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    USC just took a 3-star Guard from Narbonne. He actually looks pretty good on film. Decent pick up for them. That makes three offensive lineman committed to them currently while they are also trying to flip his teammate Jonah T and Biggins said they're also interested in another lineman from Narbonne who's currently committed to SDSU. Point being, they are not recruiting like they're all that confident they're getting Sean Rhyan. Feels like they're out of it after firing their previous O-line coach. If he's willing to leave Cali and cut the cord from mommy he might still be on the table for UW to steal. I have regained some hope with this one. Things change all the time.
  • Options
    DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739

USC just took a 3-star Guard from Narbonne. He actually looks pretty good on film. Decent pick up for them. That makes three offensive lineman committed to them currently while they are also trying to flip his teammate Jonah T and Biggins said they're also interested in another lineman from Narbonne who's currently committed to SDSU. Point being, they are not recruiting like they're all that confident they're getting Sean Rhyan. Feels like they're out of it after firing their previous O-line coach. If he's willing to leave Cali and cut the cord from mommy he might still be on the table for UW to steal. I have regained some hope with this one. Things change all the time.

I like where your head is at, but I still think he's going to end up at UCLA.
  • Options
    CrawfishCrawfish Member Posts: 734
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

His film looks good, but I wonder why he didn't get more attention when teams were scouting out Jonah Tauanu'u at his games.
  • Options

I like where your head is at, but I still think he's going to end up at UCLA.
    He's too fucking good for UCLA! What a waste of talent that would be. But we've seen it before time and time again.
  • Options
    ZoneUWZoneUW Member Posts: 794
    5 Fuck Offs First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    I hear there's a 5'7 blind white slot receiver from Wyoming we are taking a good long look at. Real "OKG" type.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,062
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Domicillo said:

Ford, Patterson, Wright, Latu, Hammer, McDuffie.

Maybe it’s the Apple Cup domination or the Pac-12 Championship or the Shitty Rose Bowl or the killer clas we already have, but......

I’m at Full Doog Boner status.

Previous image was the idea of the those recruits.

This image is a more accurate depiction of my reaction....

You are stealing ALL of my gif's. But I like you, so I will let it slide.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,062
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Buck: Laiatu Latu (50/50)

I did not consult @SpiritHorse on this