Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Pete doesn't win big games...

2»

Comments

• KrunkJuiceKrunkJuice Member Posts: 2,053
    PurpleJ said:

ntxduck said:

PurpleJ said:

ntxduck said:

... narrative needs to stop. Both P12CCG were big games, Stanford 16 was a big game. Apple Cup 16-18 were big games. The correct term is "doesn't win NY6 games",,,, for now.

I don't think there's any metric that last night's game would be considered a "Big game", without completely watering down the term. Oregons Pac 12 title game wins over Arizona and UCLA definitely weren't "big games". Those teams sucked. A big win is against a legit top 10 team. Pete gets his chance at his big game win vs. the Buckeyes.
    We're playing Michigan.
    Ohio State isn't making the playoff ahead of OU
    Disagree.
    1. Alabama
    2. Clemson
    3. Georgia
    4. Ohio St.

Oklahoma doesn't play defense and Notre Dame has a bunch of stiff white guys.
  • PurpleJPurpleJ Member Posts: 36,911 Founders Club
    I have UCF instead of Georgia.
  • pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 19,901 Founders Club
    2001400ex said:

Lots of free pub in here.

Die.
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,485 Standard Supporter
    How soon you fags forget the 2006 Fiesta Bowel
  • GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,163
    We can quibble about what qualifies as a “big game” all we want. But the real troubling issue for me is that Pete absolutely struggles to win when the opponent has a talent advantage. Since football was invented in 2016, he’s gone 0-4 in that department (USC, Bama, Penn St, and auburn). Beating a top ten WSU is great, and so are road wins over the likes of Utah. But we had talent advantages over each of those teams, and have the talent edge over every other conference team not named USC. I think a lot of those struggles are due to Browning, but until Pete can finally put away a game against one of these blue bloods, we’re never going to ascend past the Michigan States of the world.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,474 Founders Club
    I go with Bobby Bowden - its only seems to be a big game if we lose. We had to win a lot of little ones to lose the big ones

But Pete has not killed a giant like he did at Boise

He generally beat the teams he should since 2016 other than Cal and Oregon this year and at Oregon is not a free throw. And ASU last year. At Stanford is again not a free throw

I don't see us? winning the Rose Bowl with our offense. You can only contain the Buckeyes for so long. If you go by the recruiting 4 and 5 star metrics it would be a big upset for our DAWGS to win

A giant killing if you will

Its tim