Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Ohio State

Comments

• Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

DawgFader said:

Michigan vs UW would be the Cal and Utah game all over again. F that.

That's exactly what we want. A low scoring game that gives UW a chance to win in the 4th quarter. Michigan is beatable. Their offense is basic just like ours. Ohio State's offense is more explosive with a more mobile and dynamic QB than Michigan. Not only do I think UW would have less of a chance beating OSU compared to Michigan, but also more of a chance of getting blown out and embarrassed.
    The only thing embarrassing here is that post. Sure OSU is offensively talented but there D gets gashed by weakass teams like Maryland. They are going to be fucking bummed if they get left out and not be 100% committed to a, “ CONSOLATION ROSE BOWL”. Also Urban is halfway out the door.

When’s the last time the Dawg’s got blownout? It was during the Sark era.

Jimmy Lake’s D doesn’t get blown out.

They blew out Michigan when Michigan's defense was ranked #1 in the country. The Purdue game was an anomaly.

I'm not doubting the defenses ability to compete with anybody but if it's three and out after three and out by Browning and this shit offense, it will be like the Fiesta bowl all over again, possibly without the Myles Gaskin heroics to make it respectable. Their QB is a million times better than ours. UW has a very slim chance of winning this game. Michigan would have been better.
    Michigan's defense is very good no doubt and possibly better than UWs but IMO their D is built for plodding Big Ten teams while UW is better suited to play at tempo and vs spread concepts.

OSU made Michigan look slow and out of shape. They picked on one corner in particular who Michigan couldn't hide whereas even without Joyner UW is 7 deep at DB.
    The only thing giving me hope. This is not power buckeyes. Haven’t watched them too much but it’s weird seeing them throw so much.
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
  • Options
    DawgFaderDawgFader Member Posts: 1,414
    As a Dawgfan would have loved to get Michigan. It really makes no difference, it’s gonna be a grinder game.

OSU gonna sceme to stop the run and I wouldn’t put it past Browning to shit himself a little.

All that said, OSU just gave up chunk plays to NWestern and really didn’t stop anyone. We gonna score points.
  • Options
    LawDawg1LawDawg1 Member Posts: 3,756
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    so explain Maryland.
  • Options
    LawDawg1LawDawg1 Member Posts: 3,756
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Mad_Son said:

LawDawg1 said:

so explain Maryland.

Auburn, oregon, cal
    We suck. I wasn’t defending us. Now explain Maryland
  • Options
    LebamDawgLebamDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,541
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    LawDawg1 said:

Mad_Son said:

LawDawg1 said:

so explain Maryland.

Auburn, oregon, cal
    I lived in Baltmer with all the Baltimorons - there ain't no explaining that place
  • Options
    BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs
    LawDawg1 said:

so explain Maryland.

There's no need to explain it. Their defense had two bad games this season. If you're hoping they're going to show up to the Rose Bowl playing that kind of defense you're going to be shit out of luck. UW will get the best they have to offer. Teams change on a week to week basis. Their defense has gotten better and our offense has regressed.
  • Options
    CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,056
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    OSU is one of my favorite teams to watch because I dont like them (oops free rent). This year they rrwlly seem like they have won games on long bomb passes which obviously will be hard to do against our passive defence. They dont look scary. They look good but not scary.
  • Options
    Doog_de_JourDoog_de_Jour Member Posts: 7,958
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

LaZoris said:

tOSU deserves a month long 5 reasons thread

And Oklahoma State
    And Oregon State. There was one poaster there taht said he looks forward to that post every year. It will make his day to get it twice in one year.
    And BOBCAT ATTACK, *the* place to discuss all things Ohio University sports:

https://www.bobcatattack.com/messageboard/
  • Options
    DawgFaderDawgFader Member Posts: 1,414

LawDawg1 said:

so explain Maryland.

There's no need to explain it. Their defense had two bad games this season. If you're hoping they're going to show up to the Rose Bowl playing that kind of defense you're going to be shit out of luck. UW will get the best they have to offer. Teams change on a week to week basis. Their defense has gotten better and our offense has regressed.
    News flash. Turns out the B1G might be a little overrated.

Did you watch the game last night? Northwestern put up points. There O is as boring and blue collar as it gets.

Give Petersen a month to sceme and we got at the very least a shot.

• Options
    Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,091
    LawDawg1 said:

Mad_Son said:

LawDawg1 said:

so explain Maryland.

Auburn, oregon, cal
    Teams don't always play their best games. Maryland is the same as Purdue. Also iirc maryland was in one of those freak emotional states following the official firing of Durkin where teams often seem to collapse or over perform.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,337
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

Jake Browning

We fucked.
  • Options
    UWhuskytskeetUWhuskytskeet Member Posts: 7,108
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    UW hasn't been blown out in years, it's not going to happen in this game either.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,337
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

UW hasn't been blown out in years, it's not going to happen in this game either.

Buckeyes blew out USC last year so they will this year

Just what I'm hearing