Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Only white people are obsessed with making Jake Browning a hero

Comments

• Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Baphomet said:

Baphomet said:

Browning is far from great, but he outplayed the other team's QB in the Apple Cup.

And some were calling that other guy the best QB in the country

I'll take the mediocre winner

You're white.
    So fucking what? Is that a crime? He outplayed Minshew. That's a fact.

Being a hater of a QB that is obviously mediocre doesn't make you a football genius.
    No - you guys are just making my point for me. Anyone who defends Jake is white.
  • Options
    BaphometBaphomet Member Posts: 1,511
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    White people are so sensitive man.

SO WHAT I'M WHITE??!?!!?

okay, okay chief. calm down. good job of having racial pride or whatever.

The fact remains that anyone on this bored defending Jake is white. And they still defend him like Doogs defended Ty after his wins.

Sorry if I have too high of standards for you @PostGameOrangeSlices. I know it's hard because you love the whiteys too.
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,601
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    edited November 2018
    I do enjoy when Dennis goes off his meds.

Then again im white and I love Jake so there may be something to this
  • Options
    BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs
    Keith Price was crucified his Junior season for turnovers and stupid decisions. Most of it was warranted too. But Browning is far worse and no matter what he does, as long as the team wins in spite of him, he's a "winner" and gets a pass. White privilege is real.
  • Options
    phineasphineas Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,724
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I didnt even need to read this before I gave it a chincredible.
  • Options

Keith Price was crucified his Junior season for turnovers and stupid decisions. Most of it was warranted too. But Browning is far worse and no matter what he does, as long as the team wins in spite of him, he's a "winner" and gets a pass. White privilege is real.

Jesus Christ, if you can't see that Keith Price was shell shocked playing behinds Sark's shitty OL then no one can help you.

And you're obviously white so fuck off.
    How is that at all relevant you idiot? The point of my post was the differing reactions to two different QB's when both played like shit. The reason as to why they played like shit is irrelevant. This discussion is about white QB's being treated with kid gloves by coaches and the media whereas black QB's don't get the same treatment. Price versus Browning is a prime example of this.

And no, I'm not white.
  • Options
    HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited November 2018

You could always hate both Price and Browning like me.
    Thats a real chink in armor of @Dennis_DeYoung 's argument
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,906
    Founders Club

Jesus Christ, if you can't see that Keith Price was shell shocked playing behinds Sark's shitty OL then no one can help you.

How is that at all relevant you idiot? The point of my post was the differing reactions to two different QB's when both played like shit. The reason as to why they played like shit is irrelevant. This discussion is about white QB's being treated with kid gloves by coaches and the media whereas black QB's don't get the same treatment. Price versus Browning is a prime example of this.

And no, I'm not white.
    It's relevant because you said it was warranted. And calling me an idiot? Coming from one of the dumbest mother fuckers on this bored? Get outta with that shit.
  • Options

And no, I'm not white.
    It's relevant because you said it was warranted. And calling me an idiot? Coming from one of the dumbest mother fuckers on this bored? Get outta with that shit.
    It was warranted you idiot. He single handedly lost us games trying to be a hero instead of just managing the game. He publicly took blame for it too. An O-line has nothing to do with a QB keeping the ball on an option play when he's supposed to pitch it and fumbling it and costing his team the game.
  • Options
    BaphometBaphomet Member Posts: 1,511
    edited November 2018

Baphomet said:

Baphomet said:

Browning is far from great, but he outplayed the other team's QB in the Apple Cup.

And some were calling that other guy the best QB in the country

I'll take the mediocre winner

You're white.
    So fucking what? Is that a crime? He outplayed Minshew. That's a fact.

Being a hater of a QB that is obviously mediocre doesn't make you a football genius.
    No - you guys are just making my point for me. Anyone who defends Jake is white.
    Just because people are able to recognize when he makes some good plays, doesn't mean they are "defending" him.

I'm glad he is graduating and that we will have a better QB next year. That doesn't stop me from saying "hey, he actually didn't suck on that run". (by the way, next years QB will probably be white)

And when you say "white" do you mean metaphorically? Because I watched the AC at my black buddy's house, and he is a former husky player (under James) and he isn't Jake's fan, but he is at least able to recognize when Jake makes good plays. And in spite of some fuckups, Jake made some good plays in the AC. He outplayed Minshew.

You are trying too hard to make this about race and being being the cool non-white guy on the board.

• Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,906
    Founders Club

And no, I'm not white.
    It was warranted you idiot. He single handedly lost us games trying to be a hero instead of just managing the game. He publicly took blame for it too. An O-line has nothing to do with a QB keeping the ball on an option play when he's supposed to pitch it and fumbling it and costing his team the game.
    Are you talking about Browning or Price keeping the ball & fumbling.

And as far as idiots go, go back and review your Trey Lowe is Barry Sanders thread or any of the others in which you reveal your IQ. Here's a hint, it's on the low side of things.
  • Options
    LebamDawgLebamDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,547
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    phineas said:

I didnt even need to read this before I gave it a chincredible.

I was going to chin this but your avatar is too white
  • Options

And no, I'm not white.
    Are you talking about Browning or Price keeping the ball & fumbling.

And as far as idiots go, go back and review your Trey Lowe is Barry Sanders thread or any of the others in which you reveal your IQ. Here's a hint, it's on the low side of things.
    Price. I think it was the 2012 USC game he fumbled on a key third or fourth down. Whatever, it doesn't fucking matter. Browning is treated differently by the media and television commentators that cover him than Price was because Browning is white. Quit dancing around the fucking point. Do you disagree? Motherfuckers always want to take the discussion on a fucking tangent and argue about stupid shit that's irrelevant to the discussion.

Never said Lowe was the next Barry Sanders so don't twist even though that's obviously what you're trying to do.

Funny how I'm supposedly the village idiot and yet I get shout outs on the pod. Obviously my opinion is valued by some people. Yours on the other hand... not so much.
  • Options
    Ice_HolmvikIce_Holmvik Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,909
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

White people are so sensitive man.

SO WHAT I'M WHITE??!?!!?

okay, okay chief. calm down. good job of having racial pride or whatever.

The fact remains that anyone on this bored defending Jake is white. And they still defend him like Doogs defended Ty after his wins.

Sorry if I have too high of standards for you @PostGameOrangeSlices. I know it's hard because you love the whiteys too.

Warned!