Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Michigan or Ohio State for the Rose Bowl?

Comments

• Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Might as well not even play the game then
  • Options
    Fear_BonerFear_Boner Member Posts: 758
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Fuck Harbaugh. He’s a fucking asshole who can go fuck himself. Same with David Long, who, coincidentally, would be CB4 if he chose UW. Assholes.
  • Options
    BlastDoorBlastDoor Member Posts: 711
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    We beat Michigan by two scores. Against OSU it's even, but the joy of maybe retiring Urban Meyer would be a definite highlight.
  • Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary

Clevdawg said:

Bucks beat Northwestern get into CFP sat 4. I think Michigan gets Nod over Northwestern?

For sure.

-We play Ohio State if they win the Big 10 and don't get in the CFP
    -We play Michigan if OSU wins the Big 10 and gets in the CFP
    -We play Northwestern if they win the Big 10

I want a bowl win so will be rooting for our purple brethren for the huge upset. Plus if that happens it'll probably knock the Cougs out of the NY6.
    I'm not sure they would put tOSU in the Rose Bowl Even if they win saturday and aren't put in the CFP.

I have a hard time seeing a 5th ranked tOSU paired with a 3 loss pac-12 champion as an ideal matchup. Georgia-tOSU in the Peach Bowl or something would be more interesting with UW Michigan in the Rose
  • Options
    insinceredawginsinceredawg Member Posts: 5,117
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    dhdawg said:

Clevdawg said:

Bucks beat Northwestern get into CFP sat 4. I think Michigan gets Nod over Northwestern?

For sure.

I want a bowl win so will be rooting for our purple brethren for the huge upset. Plus if that happens it'll probably knock the Cougs out of the NY6.
    I'm not sure they would put tOSU in the Rose Bowl Even if they win saturday and aren't put in the CFP.

I have a hard time seeing a 5th ranked tOSU paired with a 3 loss pac-12 champion as an ideal matchup. Georgia-tOSU in the Peach Bowl or something would be more interesting with UW Michigan in the Rose
    I think the Rose Bowl automatically gets the B1G champion unless that team is in the playoff.
  • Options
    89ute89ute Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,457
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Since we're 3-1 against Michigan, and I skeered of Urban, I'll go Michigan.
  • Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary

dhdawg said:

Clevdawg said:

For sure.

I think the Rose Bowl automatically gets the B1G champion unless that team is in the playoff.
    I think they may have some degree of latitude but yeah you seem to be right.
    I don't think tOSU is a good matchup for us
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,478
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited November 2018
    If the goal is to raise the program's national profile, I'd like a piece of tOSU over Michigan. More Prestige at the moment.

If the goal is to get a W no matter what, bring on the Wildcats!
  • Options
    puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    Clevdawg said:

Who do you want and why? I live in Big 10 country and I can tell you neither team/fan base from the U of M nor the Bucks think much of the UW.
    OSU
    D
    OSU’s D-line. Bucks will be better than anyone UW will have faced this year. + OSU
    OSU’s LB’s: Bucks Line backers wouldn’t start for UW. ( Buck fans wont admit that but thier LB’s are not good)they are very young. BBK starts for the Buckeyes + UW
    OSU’s Secondary: If we are honest about UW history UW does not historically have great cb’s. Safeties yes but DB’s? First and 3rd Round draft grades blah blah for the everyone that plays in the nickel for the huskies? Lol.. ( Lake: I only take four DB’s a year so you’ll play NFL ) I’ll believe it when I see it. Buckeyes D.B’s are as physically gifted and faster... younger but better athletes. I call it even vs a pretty average group of UW receivers. UW=OSU

Offense
    OSU’s O-Line... UW will get no pressure Bucks o-line and will be the best UW has faced. VS the light in the pants soft as a milkshake “whack 12” d line. Bucks will find their run game against a decent UW line. The UW nose tackle is a good player but can’t do it alone. UW edge is slow and undersized. OSU dominance by the line Set’s up the RPO and off tackle all night +! OSU
    OSU’s RB
    UW has an advantage gaskin is very good vs the Bucks. Again bucks have amazing talent at the position but very very young. +UW
    OSU QB
    Heisman candidate vs 6 ft nothing, 200 and nothing pound noodle arm, ++! OSU
    OSU WR
    Next to qb this is the biggest difference between the two squads. UW has absolutely no deep threat and Jake couldn’t get him the ball even if the UW had one. OSU has speed speed and more speed with size at the position. No Contest OSU ++!
    UW’s O-line
    Solid!! The key for the UW will be ...can the o-line get the huskies running backs to past the d-line and into the line backers of the buckeys. They do that ? They will take the heat of of “ short school bus” Browning.

The biggest advantage the huskies have is the Buckeyes are totally skitzoid. If they are pissed about missing the CFP and having to play some joke program ( yes that’s what they think of us) they will mail it in and the UW does just fine. Michigan? We are a much better match up with those guys on a normal game. However, they are beyond pissed off and looking for a fight. Michigan was embarrassed by historic margins on one of if not the largest stage in college football. I want no part of that. Give me an overconfident really would like to be some where else young Buckeye team. But they will hang 50 on UW and I don’t think “ Short School Bus Browning “ arm can even throw that many times. ( honestly I don’t think he physically can)
    Your thoughts ?

So Northwestern, who beats TOSU in big10champ isnt in your cute little equation?
  • Options
    ClevdawgClevdawg Member Posts: 118
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Northwestern is Cal
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,171
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    89ute said:

You've had your Sugar and Fiesta yoot. But no way in hell will you defile our Shitty Rose Bowl. Your arthritic old man knees will give out before the week is through.
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,054
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

We could beat either one of those teams in the Rose. I think the b1g is going to get exposed in bowl season. Yeah Ohio State got up for Michigan at home...on the road they have gotten boat raced and almost lost to numerous mediocre teams.

They're 11-1 and we're talking about how much they suck?
    They don't suck. The are REALLY inconsistent, and we are peaking at the right time. Adams and Bryant with another month or so to heal will go a long, long ways.

I'm just saying, if the line opened with OSU favored, I'd be comfortable betting on UW. Last year I was worried about Penn State, because they blew everyone out but lost 2 games by 4 points.

OSU got boatraced by PURDUE and needed a miracle to beat Maryland. They can be beat.
    Of course they can be beat. I just don't get people mocking them. Just like how people mock Harbaugh even though Michigan is 10-2 and a good football team.
    I only mock him because he’s a douche who climbs trees and jumps into swimming pools and has sleep overs. Fucking creepy.
    At the Furd, hate him. Went to the Niners, hate him. My neighbor is a huge mich fan, yard signs and “Wolverine crossing” bullshit, hate my neighbor.

So in short, fuck harbaugh, fuck my neighbor, duck the wolverines, fuck Utah, pac-12 title is ours, #shittyrosebowlorbust.

I believe our boys will be motivated to play Utah and in the Rose. If they have fun doing it, we’ll finish 11-3. I’ll take it.
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,054
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    89ute said:

He’ll let your wife beat you and then say he knew nothing about it.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 102,068
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I want Bama to lose to Georgia and be left out and end up at the Rose Bowl where they don't give a shit and we? win!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    GrandpaSankeyGrandpaSankey Member Posts: 956
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

Did we just get 5 reasoned?

• Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,683
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    edited November 2018

I want Bama to lose to Georgia and be left out and end up at the Rose Bowl where they don't give a shit and we? win!!!!!!!!!

We lose by 20 to a Bama team that doesn't really give a shit
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 102,068
    Swaye's Wigwam

We lose by 20 to a Bama team that doesn't really give a shit
    That was some UTE bait
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

We could beat either one of those teams in the Rose. I think the b1g is going to get exposed in bowl season. Yeah Ohio State got up for Michigan at home...on the road they have gotten boat raced and almost lost to numerous mediocre teams.

They're 11-1 and we're talking about how much they suck?
    They don't suck. The are REALLY inconsistent, and we are peaking at the right time. Adams and Bryant with another month or so to heal will go a long, long ways.

I'm just saying, if the line opened with OSU favored, I'd be comfortable betting on UW. Last year I was worried about Penn State, because they blew everyone out but lost 2 games by 4 points.

OSU got boatraced by PURDUE and needed a miracle to beat Maryland. They can be beat.
    Of course they can be beat. I just don't get people mocking them. Just like how people mock Harbaugh even though Michigan is 10-2 and a good football team.
    I only mock him because he’s a douche who climbs trees and jumps into swimming pools and has sleep overs. Fucking creepy.
    At the Furd, hate him. Went to the Niners, hate him. My neighbor is a huge mich fan, yard signs and “Wolverine crossing” bullshit, hate my neighbor.

So in short, fuck harbaugh, fuck my neighbor, duck the wolverines, fuck Utah, pac-12 title is ours, #shittyrosebowlorbust.

I believe our boys will be motivated to play Utah and in the Rose. If they have fun doing it, we’ll finish 11-3. I’ll take it.
    Don't bring me into this. I'm no Michigan fan.