Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Picture Thread

RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 105,107 Founders Club
What should VaDawg and his daughters do in Sea Tac after the game?

Comments

• RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 105,107 Founders Club
    Over the line?
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,842 Founders Club

I'm with Damone on this... Why stop at $15? Why not just make the minimum wage $40 an hour.
  • HuskyJWHuskyJW Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,381 Swaye's Wigwam
    edited November 2013
    Why do you hate livable wages?

I know I know.....these multi-billion dollar businesses now can't afford it.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,842 Founders Club
    HuskyJW said:

Like those greedy billionaires that own the UPS Store franchise on Hwy 99? Or the Cinnabon franchise at the airport?

Soak the rich!!1!!
  • bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 15,159
    edited November 2013

I'm with Damone on this... Why stop at $15? Why not just make the minimum wage $40 an hour.
    Why set the speed limit at 65 mpg, why not 165?

Why stop at letting parents spank their kids? Why not murder them?

Why set the drinking age at 21, why not 81?

Why set (insert law as it was made or voted on), why not (ridiculous hyperbole that I made up because I don't have a better argument)?

I'm not saying I disagree with you, I'm just saying your argument sucks. Also, please move this to the Lemon Party Political Board
  • Haid_D_SalaamiHaid_D_Salaami Member Posts: 541
    This poor little thread held so much promise....
  • HuskyJWHuskyJW Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,381 Swaye's Wigwam
    I never called them greedy....playing quite the martyr day before Thanksgiving

HuskyJW said:

Like those greedy billionaires that own the UPS Store franchise on Hwy 99? Or the Cinnabon franchise at the airport?

Soak the rich!!1!!
    edited November 2013

Why set the speed limit at 65 mpg, why not 165?

Why stop at letting parents spank their kids? Why not murder them?

Why set the drinking age at 21, why not 81?

Why set (insert law as it was made or voted on), why not (ridiculous hyperbole that I made up because I don't have a better argument)?

I'm not saying I disagree with you, I'm just saying your argument sucks. Also, please move this to the Lemon Party Political Board
    Because if you are already operating on a thin margin as it is, and the government comes in and tells you that the people you have working for you now must be collectively paid another $5,000 per month (or what have you), what effect do you think that will have on your prices and your ability to compete in the marketplace?

If you are an entrepreneur looking to open a business with lower skilled workers, are you going to open in Sea-Tac where you must pay $15, or in a neighboring city where you can control costs by paying $12 or whatever, depending on the business?

In all sincerity, it's astonishing to me that this isn't clear as day to everybody.
  • IrishDawg22IrishDawg22 Member Posts: 2,754

HuskyJW said:

Soak the rich!!1!!
    It actually the same problem on a different scale. Nearly 60% of the locations at best break even, and the other 40% experience modest profits. And if you have ever run a business, your #1 controllable expense is labor.

At the same time UPS is on pace for huge profits in 2013.

This is coming from someone who was a pure free market capitalist, but the system in starting to eat itself.

HuskyJW said:

Soak the rich!!1!!
    It actually the same problem on a different scale. Nearly 60% of the locations at best break even, and the other 40% experience modest profits. And if you have ever run a business, your #1 controllable expense is labor.

At the same time UPS is on pace for huge profits in 2013.

This is coming from someone who was a pure free market capitalist, but the system in starting to eat itself.
    and the franchise owners are the ones paying through the nose.
    Oh and 15$ isn't a liveable wage which is the point.
  • topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    HuskyJW said:

Do you know who pays those wages?

You do.

Think a Big Mac will remain at $3 if minimum wage is $15?

Think there will still be 15 people behind the counter?

Welcome to the $10 Big Mac with a 20 minute wait ...

But hey, at least the guy who dropped out of school in the 3rd grade and his barely legal roommate make $15 bucks an hour!

Oh and 15$ isn't a liveable wage which is the point.

yeah but still
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    edited November 2013

What should VaDawg and his daughters do in Sea Tac after the game?

The substance in the bag is too powdery for blow. No rocks at all, you wouldn't even need to chop that up. The substance on the fingers is interesting as well. I think that is mdma powder aka molly, not blow. Either way, it's a good recommendation for a night in Seattle.

• PurpleJPurpleJ Member Posts: 37,120 Founders Club
    So much for this being a picture thread.