Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Suddenly seniored...

2»

Comments

• dncdnc Member Posts: 56,650

We gotta get rid of Campbell so Sark can justify taking 4 WR's this year. The script calls for 4 WR's every recruiting class. It's odd that Hudson can't at least rotate in and be a contributor after being a two year starter. Maybe he wants to play at another school so he can actually start. Kearse is no loss. I hope Tupou, Finau, and a few others depart as well.

The longer they're here, the worse they get.

LRR

• RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    Another thing to rub in KimFS's face. He said this class would be small maybe 13 or 14. There's 16 scholarship players leaving. Sankey and ASJ makes 18. You know more players will leave/get forced out as well, and 1 or 2 recruits won't qualify. We will take at least 20.
  • TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,798
    uw2010 said:

TTJ said:

Campbell's a strange choice too. Not because he's a world-beater (he's not). But just because UW's 2014 WR depth chart looks surprisingly thin and undersized. Weird, given Seven's recruiting predilections. But still.

I don't know, I don't think we're that thin. It could be better, but it's not awful.

16 Hall, Marvin WR 5-10 182 So. Los Angeles, Calif. / Dorsey
    4 Mickens, Jaydon WR 5-10 170 So. Los Angeles, Calif. / Dorsey
    86 Parson, Taelon WR 6-1 185 Fr. Gilbert, Ariz. / Perry
    1 Ross, John WR 5-11 173 Fr. Long Beach, Calif. / Long Beach Jordan
    83 Salukhe, Neel WR 5-10 149 RFr. San Jose, Calif. / The Harker School
    81 Salyer, Wesley WR 5-9 172 So. Puyallup, Wash. / Rogers
    9 Stringfellow, Damore'ea WR 6-3 225 Fr. Perris, Calif. / Rancho Verde
    2 Williams, Kasen WR 6-2 212 Jr. Sammamish, Wash. / Skyline

Obviously some of those are Walk-ons. Kasen and Stringfellow give us some size; Mickens, Hall, and Ross are all undersized. Rahshead Johnson is commited, and he's the same size as Kevin Smith. Smith is pretty much the only contributor that's leaving, and Stringfellow can probably replace him assuming Kasen is healthy in time for the start of the year. We'll probably pick up another WR to finish out the class. If we really need the size, Darrell Daniels is essentially a TE/WR hybrid, although I think I'd rather see what he can do on defense. Perkins is in that same mold. I think SS'ing Campbell means that Sark would rather use Perkins in that type of bigger receiver role. There's also Kendyl Taylor, but who knows what's going on with him at this point.
    The fact you've included a 149-lb walk-on in this list pretty much tells the tale. Ross will probably play defense next year. UW will be lucky if Kasen is 80% by August -- Lisfranc recoveries take forever. Basically, its Mickens, String, and Hall. And maybe Taylor, who's really a better fit at RB.
  • GlobalGlobal Member Posts: 333
    Hudson is odd, but has not been as in favor this year. Perhaps because they burned a few redshirts in mid season, they think the young ones will be better options next year. Most teams prefer upperclassmen who have built up strength and know the system....
  • WTF happened to Hudson. A strong case could be made he was out best D lineman outside of Shelton last year.

I thought he could be more effective than Shirley or Littleton opposite Kikaha.

You tell me? I recall you telling everyone on here that players don't regress under Sarkisian when we all correctly predicted that Shirley/Feeney would regress this year.
  • sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    Does Keith Price count?
  • SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,293 Founders Club

In all honesty, though, I fully support this move,even if the kids wanted to keep playing. None of these guys would be playing much next year and are just dead weight on the roster. If it got to the point that, due to injuries, we would have to play any of these guys for major minutes then we are fucked. Might as well clear up a roster spot so we can add a Cooper Pulleur, James Atoe,or Taylor Hindy at the last minute.

I heard that the impetus for this is actually from Wilcox & Sirmon and what they learned while in the SEC. Their thought is if the Alabama's of the world do this then we have to do it to keep up.

Too bad for Campbell who got passed over by more talented guys. He physically looked to have a made a big improvement coming into this year. Hudson is definitely the most curious. Maybe he just doesn't fit in anymore.
    It's a reality among programs that want to compete at the highest levels, and is common in the SEC. I'm not surprised it is Wilcox and Sirmon driving the bus on this. What's that say about the head coach?
  • IrishDawg22IrishDawg22 Member Posts: 2,754
    edited November 2013

WTF happened to Hudson. A strong case could be made he was out best D lineman outside of Shelton last year.

You tell me? I recall you telling everyone on here that players don't regress under Sarkisian when we all correctly predicted that Shirley/Feeney would regress this year.
    Please provide ONE post where I ever said "players don't regress" under Sark. As I recall, it was the thread where you said "NO" players progress and I provided some examples of players who actually got better.

That was your now famous Jordan Polk comparison.

You could be a decent poster if you didn't paint with such a broad brush.
  • chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,968 Swaye's Wigwam
    The only thing that makes sense on Hudson is that he just wants the fuck out. I can't figure it out otherwise.

I've been calling for Campbell to get the door-ass-out for a couple of years now. Apparently he was too well liked so they kept him long enough to graduate. I think WR will be OK. We're going to see some drops but that's nothing new and not something Campbell would have helped with anyways.

Gotta assume Shelton is leaving town. Finau and Tupou seemed like prime candidates for door-ass-out but the sad reality is UW has zero bodies big enough to play interior DL outside of those two (which is a stretch) and Qualls (assuming he's fattened up enough by next fall). We're fucked at DT.
  • WTF happened to Hudson. A strong case could be made he was out best D lineman outside of Shelton last year.

Please provide ONE post where I ever said "players don't regress" under Sark. As I recall, it was the thread where you said "NO" players progress and I provided some examples of players who actually got better.

That was your now famous Jordan Polk comparison.

You could be a decent poster if you didn't paint with such a broad brush.
    It was also the same thread where I said Feeney would regress. To be fair I was wrong on that as Feeney is good just the coaches for whatever don't like playing him.

I don't understand why he doesn't play more. He's easily our best LB.

As for Josh Shirley? He is the king of regression.
  • DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,561 Founders Club
    How are we thin at DB? James Sample was an Army All-American and will be provide a strong upperclassmen presence to replace Sean Parker. Basically a plug and play there. Marcus Peters is a future 1st rounder and cleveland wallace and brandon Beiber were both 4 stars.

Personally, I think we're loaded.