Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Suddenly seniored...

Sounds like a few guys are getting seniored this year per Sark via the Times. Curious to see who's getting dropped...

http://blogs.seattletimes.com/huskyfootball/2013/11/27/sarkisian-says-hes-still-mulling-uws-starting-quarterback-options-for-apple-cup/

Comments

• TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,798
    edited November 2013
    On the twatters, Jood is saying it's DiAndre Campbell, Jamaal Kearse, and Andrew Hudson. Meh, meh, loss.
  • MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    What a shocker. Surprised there is only 3.

Look out for a medical retirement or two after the bowl season...
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,842 Founders Club
    The fifth year is not a right, it's a privilege. *cough*
  • chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,968 Swaye's Wigwam
    I think Taz Stevenson as well. He was reportedly redshirting.
  • HuskyJWHuskyJW Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,380 Swaye's Wigwam
    Wait a minute.....all these guys getting degrees from UW.... I don't understand the problem.
  • SarkinghamSarkingham Member Posts: 288

Scott Eklund was quick to jump in and say that this is completely different than what Tyrone did. These kids wanted Sark to suddenly senior them. And by the wway, "suddenly senior" is a derogatory term and should not be used in reference to the dealings of Steve Sarkisian, who is a great man (unlike that scumbag at UCLA).

You're right. I should have said "some kids have been granted the opportunity to graduate early by Steve Sarkisian". That should make Eklund happy huh?
  • SarkinghamSarkingham Member Posts: 288
    chuck said:

I think Taz Stevenson as well. He was reportedly redshirting.

Yeah, add Stevenson to the list as well. I think both Mason Kelley and Greg Bell tweeted out the distinguished list.
  • HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295

In all honesty, though, I fully support this move,even if the kids wanted to keep playing. None of these guys would be playing much next year and are just dead weight on the roster. If it got to the point that, due to injuries, we would have to play any of these guys for major minutes then we are fucked. Might as well clear up a roster spot so we can add a Cooper Pulleur, James Atoe,or Taylor Hindy at the last minute.

I heard that the impetus for this is actually from Wilcox & Sirmon and what they learned while in the SEC. Their thought is if the Alabama's of the world do this then we have to do it to keep up.

Too bad for Campbell who got passed over by more talented guys. He physically looked to have a made a big improvement coming into this year. Hudson is definitely the most curious. Maybe he just doesn't fit in anymore.
  • GlobalGlobal Member Posts: 333
    it will help to balance the recruiting classes. The small size of this class should not be replicated. I support the move.
    Campbell's a strange choice too. Not because he's a world-beater (he's not). But just because UW's 2014 WR depth chart looks surprisingly thin and undersized. Weird, given Seven's recruiting predilections. But still.
  • IrishDawg22IrishDawg22 Member Posts: 2,754
    edited November 2013
    WTF happened to Hudson. A strong case could be made he was out best D lineman outside of Shelton last year.

I thought he could be more effective than Shirley or Littleton opposite Kikaha.

WTF happened to Hudson. A strong case could be made he was out best D lineman outside of Shelton last year. I thought he could be more effective that Shirley or Littleton opposite Kikaha.

Or at least rotate in. Now he only plays in garbage time. Strange.
  • uw2010uw2010 Member Posts: 940
    edited November 2013
    TTJ said:

Campbell's a strange choice too. Not because he's a world-beater (he's not). But just because UW's 2014 WR depth chart looks surprisingly thin and undersized. Weird, given Seven's recruiting predilections. But still.

I don't know, I don't think we're that thin. It could be better, but it's not awful.

16 Hall, Marvin WR 5-10 182 So. Los Angeles, Calif. / Dorsey
    4 Mickens, Jaydon WR 5-10 170 So. Los Angeles, Calif. / Dorsey
    86 Parson, Taelon WR 6-1 185 Fr. Gilbert, Ariz. / Perry
    1 Ross, John WR 5-11 173 Fr. Long Beach, Calif. / Long Beach Jordan
    83 Salukhe, Neel WR 5-10 149 RFr. San Jose, Calif. / The Harker School
    81 Salyer, Wesley WR 5-9 172 So. Puyallup, Wash. / Rogers
    9 Stringfellow, Damore'ea WR 6-3 225 Fr. Perris, Calif. / Rancho Verde
    2 Williams, Kasen WR 6-2 212 Jr. Sammamish, Wash. / Skyline

Obviously some of those are Walk-ons. Kasen and Stringfellow give us some size; Mickens, Hall, and Ross are all undersized. Rahshead Johnson is commited, and he's the same size as Kevin Smith. Smith is pretty much the only contributor that's leaving, and Stringfellow can probably replace him assuming Kasen is healthy in time for the start of the year. We'll probably pick up another WR to finish out the class. If we really need the size, Darrell Daniels is essentially a TE/WR hybrid, although I think I'd rather see what he can do on defense. Perkins is in that same mold. I think SS'ing Campbell means that Sark would rather use Perkins in that type of bigger receiver role. There's also Kendyl Taylor, but who knows what's going on with him at this point.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,650
    Kim swore we wouldn't be taking more than 15 in this class.

Kim's perfect season remains intact.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    We gotta get rid of Campbell so Sark can justify taking 4 WR's this year. The script calls for 4 WR's every recruiting class. It's odd that Hudson can't at least rotate in and be a contributor after being a two year starter. Maybe he wants to play at another school so he can actually start. Kearse is no loss. I hope Tupou, Finau, and a few others depart as well.