Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

The combined record of the teams that have beaten Washington is 35-10

DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,842 Founders Club
Those teams outscored Sark's great offense 170-107, for an average score of 43-27.

Comments

• fivehundredmileDAWGfivehundredmileDAWG Member Posts: 1,212
    There's quite a bit of incremental progress in this statistic. If you can't see that this team is better i can't help you.
  • PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
    edited November 2013
    This morning I sent the 32-47 statistic to Dick Fain.

His response: "You conveniently left out the records of teams that beat Washington."

My response: "Yes, that is the point. Washington loses to decent teams, and only beats poor or average teams."
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,842 Founders Club
    You can't expect Sark in his 5th year to beat teams with good records.
  • PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,829 Founders Club

You can't expect Sark in his 5th year to beat teams with good records.

How soon do people forget that Sark took over an oh-and-twelve team.

• topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    What is dick's email address?

I understand the Interwebs would have it, but I'm fucking lazy.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,842 Founders Club
    topdawgnc said:

that's the spirit
  • MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    topdawgnc said:

Self awareness rec.

topdawgnc said:

I'm posting it for you, but you better not be too lazy to send an email: DickFain@clearchannel.com
    topdawgnc said:

Passion said:

topdawgnc said:

I'm posting it for you, but you better not be too lazy to send an email: DickFain@clearchannel.com
    Dick,

Rumor has it you hope Sark's recent win over Oregon State will be enough to calm the critics.

How can you look at Sark's full body of work, and justify the fact he is the highest paid coach in the Pac12 and should not be replaced?

It is year five and his teams have actually regressed from their heights set 4 years ago. There is no competing for championships ... at any level, and the bowl selection has gotten worse. He's reached 7 wins during the regular season for the third straight year, and considering the tear Wazzu is on and Sark's history in bowls, making it to win 8 or 9 is not going to be easy.

Some like to point to 0-12 .. I prefer to hold him to the standard of winning a Holiday Bowl in year 2. It shows the talent was here and 0-12 was a symptom of the true cause ... players quitting on Tyrone Willingham.

I am also a little embarrassed at this year's schedule (Idaho State ... really?) ... and next year's is a complete joke.

If I was at Colorado, Colorado State, Idaho, Cal, or even Wazzu ... Sark would be my guy. Seven wins and a trip to the Jumpin' Jalapeno Toilet Bowl is a great season. But this is Washington ... and our history, tradition, and expectations calls for Rose Bowls ... not every year ... but dammit ... we should be competing for the Roses late into November ... not knocked out in early October.

Three game skids, blow out loses to Arizona schools, and being #1 in penalties is not Washington football.
    Click send!
  • topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    Passion said:

topdawgnc said:

Passion said:

topdawgnc said:

Dick,

Rumor has it you hope Sark's recent win over Oregon State will be enough to calm the critics.

How can you look at Sark's full body of work, and justify the fact he is the highest paid coach in the Pac12 and should not be replaced?

It is year five and his teams have actually regressed from their heights set 4 years ago. There is no competing for championships ... at any level, and the bowl selection has gotten worse. He's reached 7 wins during the regular season for the third straight year, and considering the tear Wazzu is on and Sark's history in bowls, making it to win 8 or 9 is not going to be easy.

Some like to point to 0-12 .. I prefer to hold him to the standard of winning a Holiday Bowl in year 2. It shows the talent was here and 0-12 was a symptom of the true cause ... players quitting on Tyrone Willingham.

I am also a little embarrassed at this year's schedule (Idaho State ... really?) ... and next year's is a complete joke.

If I was at Colorado, Colorado State, Idaho, Cal, or even Wazzu ... Sark would be my guy. Seven wins and a trip to the Jumpin' Jalapeno Toilet Bowl is a great season. But this is Washington ... and our history, tradition, and expectations calls for Rose Bowls ... not every year ... but dammit ... we should be competing for the Roses late into November ... not knocked out in early October.

Three game skids, blow out loses to Arizona schools, and being #1 in penalties is not Washington football.
    Click send!
    Gone.

I'll let y'all know the bullshit he spews back.
  • mobeymobey Member Posts: 3,254
    Dear topdawgnc,

You conveniently forgot to mention Sark has had a young team for 5 years.

Or the fact he wears cool winter headgear.

Extension may be in order if we're able to beat WSU at home. Beating a team of WSU's caliber at home is special, after all.

Signed

Dick

• mobeymobey Member Posts: 3,254
    PS - Sark is as good as James was at this juncture.