Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Greetings from Rome, bitches

2»

Comments

• PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,600 Standard Supporter
    Uh...didn't I just link it?

What time does your movie start?
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,990 Founders Club
    BearsWiin said:

Walked all around the old town today, getting our Rome legs. Up to the Tiber, over to the Spanish Steps, down to the Campo di fiore. Amazing how crowded it is on a November Friday, can't imagine what it's like in high season. Youngest nearly fell asleep in his dinner (calamari) while wife and I had different kinds of veal. Now relaxing with a nice local chianti that drinks like a cab

No fava beans with the nice chianti? Cretin...
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,853
    Montepulcianno or gtfo
  • BearsWiinBearsWiin Member Posts: 5,024

Montepulcianno or gtfo

It was on the list, but we're hitting Siena and Florence instead
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,977
    BearsWiin said:

F

BearsWiin said:

BearsWiin said:

Walked all around the old town today, getting our Rome legs. Up to the Tiber, over to the Spanish Steps, down to the Campo di fiore. Amazing how crowded it is on a November Friday, can't imagine what it's like in high season. Youngest nearly fell asleep in his dinner (calamari) while wife and I had different kinds of veal. Now relaxing with a nice local chianti that drinks like a cab

Staying at the Abruzzi? Go across the piazza to Antica Sulumeria. They have porketta that will make you cum in your pants. They had no TVs though. HD or otherwise
    Our place is just up the street from the Abruzzi. We ate at Fortunato this evening, across the street from our front door
    Can’t afford the Aburzzi?

I think I had lunch at Fortunato
    With three teenagers, a hotel makes no fucking sense
    We did it with three at Hotel Nazionale. Just got two adjoining rooms. Great spot. Three minute walk to the Pantheon.
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,990 Founders Club

BearsWiin said:

F

BearsWiin said:

BearsWiin said:

Staying at the Abruzzi? Go across the piazza to Antica Sulumeria. They have porketta that will make you cum in your pants. They had no TVs though. HD or otherwise
    Our place is just up the street from the Abruzzi. We ate at Fortunato this evening, across the street from our front door
    Can’t afford the Aburzzi?

I think I had lunch at Fortunato
    With three teenagers, a hotel makes no fucking sense
    We did it with three at Hotel Nazionale. Just got two adjoining rooms. Great spot. Three minute walk to the Pantheon.
    Oily hair tourists gonna oily hair tourist.
    Capitoline museums yesterday in the rain, Vatican museums and St. Peter's basilica today. Glommed on to a Chinese tour group leaving the Sistine Chapel so we could use the special entrance to the basilica without having to go outside and stand in line again. No lines anywhere today, huzzah
  • SledogSledog Member Posts: 33,172 Standard Supporter
    BearsWiin said:

Capitoline museums yesterday in the rain, Vatican museums and St. Peter's basilica today. Glommed on to a Chinese tour group leaving the Sistine Chapel so we could use the special entrance to the basilica without having to go outside and stand in line again. No lines anywhere today, huzzah

There are private tours for the Vatican museum. They are scheduled after the museum closes for the day. Our family took one of these. 17 of us. Had our own guide and our own guard. Abreiviated tour hitting the highlights of the museum. Spending time in the Sistine Chapel alone was fantastic. The guard even allowed us to take a few photos as long as we didn't use the flash.
    Sledog said:

BearsWiin said:

There are private tours for the Vatican museum. They are scheduled after the museum closes for the day. Our family took one of these. 17 of us. Had our own guide and our own guard. Abreiviated tour hitting the highlights of the museum. Spending time in the Sistine Chapel alone was fantastic. The guard even allowed us to take a few photos as long as we didn't use the flash.
    Sistine Chapel was pretty crowded, hard to look at the ceiling with so many people around. Guards were pretty aggressive telling people not to take any pictures, but somehow my oldest got a nice panning shot of the ceiling. Amazed he didn't get yelled at, since he was holding his phone above his head as he did it.

I've had a lot of veal lately
  • sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    Does the Cella Lambrusco or Spaghetti-O''s taste any different there vs. Here?

Youngest is having trouble finding any food that he likes. Says they don't do pizza right, and last night he decided that their raviolis suck too. Only thing he'll eat is the fried calamari.
  • SledogSledog Member Posts: 33,172 Standard Supporter
    edited November 2018
    BearsWiin said:

Youngest is having trouble finding any food that he likes. Says they don't do pizza right, and last night he decided that their raviolis suck too. Only thing he'll eat is the fried calamari.
    Ruined by American chain restaurant Italian? Try some pasta carbonara. Worked for my kids.
    I fucking love Siena