Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

With Mosster47 Banned...

Comments

• Options
    pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,799
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Crawfish said:

PurpleJ said:

If we're gonna ban people for being retarded and annoying, why not Hondo?

That being said, Jake Browning sucks and the recent bans have been soft as baby shit. What happened to having to EARN it?

PurpleJ said:

If we're gonna ban people for being retarded and annoying, why not Hondo?

That being said, Jake Browning sucks and the recent bans have been soft as baby shit. What happened to having to EARN it?

Hondo is an institution. Hth
    What. Thee. Actual FUCK.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    First they came for the Jews, next are fags (fuck, I am next)
  • Options
    BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs
    edited November 2018

As a Duck fan, he embarrassed me by association. Wrong 90% of the time, but he did have some use calling out some the more ridiculous doogishness. Banning people seems against the ethos of this shithole, but this is your playground so you make the rules.

I'm just here to make jokes about AIDS, recruits parents getting getting paid, and to see @StrongArmCobra explanations on why every Oregon recruit sucks.

Go check out the Heimuli thread. I just gave explanations as to why Funa and Eaford are committed to Oregon. Enjoy.
    I said I'm here to joke about AIDS, not get it.

Nonetheless, I read it. I didn't have to read it to know what is says, because your reasoning is so formulaic:

Step 1: Did Washington go all out to recruit him? If not then the recruit must suck. Washington is the only accurate arbiter of talent, their recruits are never busts.

Not true in every case but true in many cases. UW is the best in the conference and one of the best in the country at evaluating talent. That is unquestionable at this point.

Step 2: If Washington did recruit the kid and didn't get him the only possible explanation is not an OKG/WDWHA.

Again, not true in every case. UW has taken some legit losses as everybody does. Joe Ngata to Clemson. Puka Nacua to USC. A couple Texas kids to TCU. But they have yet to take a loss from Oregon this class. That's a fact. On the other hand, Criddell, Pittman, and Delgado fell to Oregon after UW slow played them and ultimately passed. Doesn't mean they suck. They're good players. Just not quite good enough for UW.

Step 3: If the recruit is from outside of Washington's recruiting area and goes to Oregon he must suck. Because the possibility of someone choosing Oregon has nothing to do with great recruiters or brand name or anything, it's simply because no one above FCS level wanted him.

The likelihood of a recruit from the Southeast choosing to go all the way across the country to Oregon over offers from big name SEC and ACC schools is slim to none. But really I look at every individual case and so far I haven't seen Oregon beat any blue blood Southeastern schools for Southeastern kids. The offers are not committable and Oregon is their best option. Well, at least they think it is.

Step 4: Completely ignore recruiting rankings. You clearly know better than people who do this for a living.

The people who do internet rankings of high school football players for a living are as you would guess, complete idiots. For instance, Sama Paama is still a composite 3-star when he's a 5-star NT talent that Alabama is trying to flip from UW. But it's not all their fault. There are only so many slots available for recruits around the nation to be rated 4-stars and there is a significant East coast bias that causes many West coast recruits to be underrated. The real experts to pay attention to are the coaches at the top schools. If you're not beating out big-name schools and big-name coaches for recruits then you're not recruiting at an elite level. UW is and Oregon is not.

I will agree that some of our recruits are overrated. Statistically some of them will be, while others will be underrated. The same applies to your class and every single school's class.

I would say UW's only overrated commit right now is Dylan Morris simply because of his lack of size. He can throw the ball with the best of them but short QB's are always a crap shoot when it comes to who has the vision and instincts to see past a college sized O-line and who doesn't. Whereas with Oregon, I think about half their 4-stars are overrated and should be 3-stars.

Is Oregon taking some guys to pad the class ranking? Probably. Is that their end goal? Obviously not, or they wouldn't have turned down some of the guys they did. I know it hurts you to consider the possibility that Oregon is taking recruiting to a level they've never been at. Be honest with yourself. Washington took the route of running a clean and organized program, while Oregon is going for shock and awe. Just because one style is flashier doesn't mean it doesn't yield results.

That's the thing. It's not at a level it's never been at before. Chip Kelly recruited better talent than Cristobal is recruiting right now and it's not even close. I'm sure there's no way I could convince you of this because your bias makes you want to believe Cristobal is recruiting better talent than Kelly did because of internet class rankings. Well, he's not and you'll have to wait a couple years to find that out for yourself.

The bottom line: Oregon has thrown a lot of their eggs (and monies) into changing the talent level of the program. We won't know if it's successful for a few years, but spending so much time shitting on a top-5 recruiting class and rationalizing just screams insecurity.

It's the opposite of insecurity. I know football talent. I know UW is recruiting at a much higher level than Oregon right now. I'm extremely confident in that.

If the check for Kayvon Thibodeaux clears and he commits I can't wait to read your reasoning on why he sucks and how Alabama didn't really want him.

I don't really need to. Did you see Biggins destroy Kayvon on Oregon's 247 board? He said he's watched Kayvon play live multiple times and that Kayvon refuses to play hard. Said his stats are misleading if not fabricated. Also said some players take a few plays off, but Kayvon will "take an entire half off". Doesn't work hard. Doesn't play hard. Not an OKG. I'm not worried about that kid. Like I said, he'll be a bust wherever he goes. I prefer Trice and Latu.

• Options
    DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye said:

Crawfish said:

OBK is gone. Mosster and @secdawg are gone. AZDuck, Gladstone and others are gone. I feel sad.

OBK quit. Fag.

Mosster will be back when Dennis gets over his snit.

SECDawg sucked.

AZDuck might be insane.

Gladstone will be back when his bet gulag time is over.

But yeah, I'm sad too. I'll do some drugs. Drugs always make me feel better.
    I'll do my best to provide enough funny Gifs as an adjunct therapy to your drugs.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    Swaye said:

Crawfish said:

OBK is gone. Mosster and @secdawg are gone. AZDuck, Gladstone and others are gone. I feel sad.

OBK quit. Fag.

Mosster will be back when Dennis gets over his snit.

SECDawg sucked.

AZDuck might be insane.

Gladstone will be back when his bet gulag time is over.

But yeah, I'm sad too. I'll do some drugs. Drugs always make me feel better.
    Dude, try getting cocaine blow is your anus.
  • Options
    UWhuskytskeetUWhuskytskeet Member Posts: 7,108
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    TommySQC said:

Am I the only one that thinks all these bans are lame?

You gotta ban the trolls, otherwise things can get out of hand.
    Christ. If that was the case, 81% of this place would be gone.
    Know your HH lore.

https://hardcorehusky.com/discussion/75/ban-the-trolls
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,743
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

Another quook bites the dust eh? @creepycoug should be next. The others are okay.

Prediction: you will be banned long before I will be banned.

Don't write me a two-page thesis on why that's not true. Some things in life are LIPO. This would be one.

Watch.
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    I think Mosster47FS should have to get a non-numerical handle and then come back.

I may just start banning everyone with a shit handle or no avatar.
  • Options
    edited November 2018

Another quook bites the dust eh? @creepycoug should be next. The others are okay.

Prediction: you will be banned long before I will be banned.

Don't write me a two-page thesis on why that's not true. Some things in life are LIPO. This would be one.

Watch.
    Plot twist: he already was.
    Then I was right!

I've got to quit going to Hawaii for perspective and unplugging from technology. I missed a lot.
  • Options

The creep is a massive, massive fag.

But he must stay

better than being a bitchfork seeking the company of massive, massive fags.

but I [heart] you for the setiment bro'.
  • Options
    RubberfistRubberfist Member Posts: 1,373
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    WTF! Mosster47 was hilarious. That fucker made my dumbass feel better about myself.
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,257
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

I think Mosster47FS should have to get a non-numerical handle and then come back.

I may just start banning everyone with a shit handle or no avatar.