Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Voter suppression is a good idea

2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
“And then they remind me that there’s a lot of liberal folks in those other schools who maybe we don’t want to vote,” Hyde-Smith can be heard telling a small crowd of young people outside her campaign bus in a video taken Nov. 3 and posted on online Thursday. “Maybe we want to make it just a little more difficult. And I think that’s a great idea.”

https://www.yahoo.com/news/gop-senator-says-voter-suppression-131053341.html

Comments

• greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,272
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited November 2018
    I believe she was joking when she said that. But even if she was, that’s a really stupid thing to say. In 2018, how does someone not realize everything said publicly will be scrutinized?
  • HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Mississippi Fucking Dreckfest
  • SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,483
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Voter suppression in Floriduh going on as we speak as dem operative excludes repub ballots.

Outraged?
  • SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,919
    Standard Supporter
    I'd like to limit voting to only the people that are net payers of taxes and no government employees outside of members of the military should be allowed to vote. Clear conflict of interests.
  • sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    5 Awesomes Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Hondo drinking a gallon of bleach is a better idea
    Standard Supporter

Hondo drinking a gallon of bleach is a better idea

That only takes care of a single teat sucking parasite, I'd like to create a way to address them all.
  • UWhuskytskeetUWhuskytskeet Member Posts: 7,104
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    SFGbob said:

I'd like to limit voting to only the people that are net payers of taxes and no government employees outside of members of the military should be allowed to vote. Clear conflict of interests.

Getting rid of retiree and housewife votes should do wonders for the GOP.
    Standard Supporter
    Housewives are most likely married filing jointly. Unless they married Hondo, they are net taxpayers. Many retirees are still net taxpayers.

The ability to vote people into power who would actually cut entitlement programs would be greatly enhanced.
    SFGbob said:

Housewives are most likely married filing jointly. Unless they married Hondo, they are net taxpayers. Many retirees are still net taxpayers.

The ability to vote people into power who would actually cut entitlement programs would be greatly enhanced.

Since we're moving the goalpost that much, let's let anyone that pays sales, property, excise, vehicle, and gas tax vote too.
    Standard Supporter

SFGbob said:

Since we're moving the goalpost that much, let's let anyone that pays sales, property, excise, vehicle, and gas tax vote too.
    How did I move the goal posts? I never limited it to net payer of income taxes. I just said net payers of taxes. You pay more than you take you get to vote, you take more than you pay, no vote for you.
    SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

How did I move the goal posts? I never limited it to net payer of income taxes. I just said net payers of taxes. You pay more than you take you get to vote, you take more than you pay, no vote for you.
    Including a spouse that doesn't work is moving the goalposts. Might as well include dependents at that point.
    Standard Supporter
    edited November 2018
    Just because the spouse doesn’t work doesn’t mean they aren’t a net taxpayer, even when my kids were younger and my wife didn’t work we as a couple were still net payers of taxes. My wife was just as responsible for our tax bill as I was, her name was on the return and her name is on the property tax bill.

No moving of the goal posts
    SFGbob said:

Just because the spouse doesn’t work doesn’t mean they aren’t a net taxpayer, even when my kids were younger and my wife didn’t work we as a couple were still net payers of taxes. My wife was just as responsible for our tax bill as I was, her name was on the return and her name is on the property tax bill.

Nope, you were paying the taxes, sorry mate.
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,538
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    You play to win the game.

If I were a politician id do everything possible to suppress voting on the other side

It's the American way
    Standard Supporter

SFGbob said:

Really? So if I don't write the check for the property taxes or to the IRS they won't come after my wife as well as myself?

So I can just put everything in my wife's name and stop paying taxes. Cool.
    SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

Really? So if I don't write the check for the property taxes or to the IRS they won't come after my wife as well as myself?

So I can just put everything in my wife's name and stop paying taxes. Cool.
    Being held liable doesn't mean she's paying taxes. I could cosign a loan for you to buy a car and be held liable. Doesn't mean I'm paying off your car.
    Standard Supporter
    Being held liable means you're financial responsible for that debt if the other person stops payment. Does your wife know she doesn't really own your house, that only you do?
    SFGbob said:

Being held liable means you're financial responsible for that debt if the other person stops payment. Does your wife know she doesn't really own your house, that only you do?

Do you just want to just the caveat that non-working spouses can vote under your regime?
    Standard Supporter
    No, because if the family are still net tax consumers I don't want the non-working, or working spouse for that matter to vote.

Skin in the game. The non-working wife who's husband still pays all the bills making them net taxpayers has skin in the game.
    SFGbob said:

No, because if the family are still net tax consumers I don't want the non-working, or working spouse for that matter to vote.

Skin in the game. The non-working wife who's husband still pays all the bills making them net taxpayers has skin in the game.

Let's just compromise and give her 3/5 vote.