Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Jayden Williams, 2019 3* DB, Corona (Centennial), CA (Offered 11/15/18)

Comments

• Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,895
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    DomicilloDomicillo Member Posts: 3,025
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
  • Options
    DodgyBlokeDodgyBloke Member Posts: 957
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Now that half our team is DBs any of them want to play WR?
  • Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

Now that half our team is DBs any of them want to play WR?

We have just as many WRs as DB but play twice many DBs at a time
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    He making a video? Good luck to him at USC
  • Options
    jhfstyle24jhfstyle24 Member Posts: 3,255
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

If he is making it before the visit USC is my conclusion, but I'm always wrong, so who knows
  • Options
    TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

The Obama head tells me he is leaning to the Ivy League

Or Illinois

Always Illinois

Oregon State. Duh.
  • Options
    Neighbor2972Neighbor2972 Member Posts: 4,294
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

https://theathletic.com/795859/2019/02/01/jayden-williams-washington-recruit/

Here's a snippet from Caple:

Williams’ recruitment hasn’t been nearly as high-profile as the aforementioned prospects. He has the size colleges tend to covet in a defensive back, but he didn’t receive much recruiting attention until the past few months. That’s partially because he began his career at Riverside (Calif.) North, a lesser-known program in the southern California football landscape. For his senior year, Williams transferred to powerhouse Centennial, which has produced several Division I prospects under coach Matt Logan. Maybe there, he figured, he stood a better chance of getting noticed.

“Coach Logan does that for a lot of players,” Williams said, “so I knew he could do it for me.”

Even at Centennial, Williams stood out because of his size. At first, Logan put him on offense. It took about three weeks into camp for John Myerly, Centennial’s secondary coach, to convince Logan to let Williams play defense, which is where Myerly says Williams’ heart is.

“He’s a defensive-minded player,” Myerly said. “The one thing we all liked was we never had to push that kid. That kid enjoys football like he’s 8 years old. He goes 100 mph in practice, just like he does on game day, so for us that’s huge. It’s hard to coach aggressiveness. We’ve had some good DBs come out of our program the last five-six years, but he’s by far the most aggressive, physical DB we’ve had over the last eight years at Centennial.”

With transfers, Logan said, there can be initial concern regarding their ability or willingness to embrace Centennial’s strength and conditioning standards, which he believes are more demanding than most programs. But that wasn’t an issue with Williams.

“He loved it from day one,” Logan said, “and really came in and worked hard, and showed that he definitely wanted to be a part of our team and was excited to be there.”

Coaches noticed immediately how physical Williams preferred to play — not just in coverage but as a willing run-stopper, too, which Myerly said is rare for a high school defensive back. And the highlight of his season came early: In Centennial’s second game, against Orange Lutheran and five-star receiver Kyle Ford, coaches put Williams on Ford after he had a big first half. The rest of the game, Myerly said, “he shut him down.”

“I like being on my own island, pressed up in the receiver’s face,” Williams said. “I can play off-man, too, but I love being physical.”

“Most high school teams don’t get a 200-pound corner with hips like Jayden and the speed he has,” Myerly said. “It’s like playing with an outside linebacker or a nickel at corner.”
    One interesting thing here is that his bad opening numbers (In March) were before he transferred (or right after he transferred). He may have gotten in better shape over the summer with Centennial and may be a better athlete than he tested.
  • Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

If he is making it before the visit USC is my conclusion, but I'm always wrong, so who knows
    He made two videos, one for USC and one for UW.
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,895
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Okg’s don’t make videos. He Gone.

Seriously, this would be the first produced video commit for us, right? Bandes video doesn’t count.
  • Options
    MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    nobody's posted a 'what's in the box...what's...in...the..box?" yet?
  • Options
    BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs

Okg’s don’t make videos. He Gone.

Seriously, this would be the first produced video commit for us, right? Bandes video doesn’t count.

Latu made a video but didn't used it to announce his commitment.