Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

so I was at the Pe Ell Pub...

124»

Comments

• godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,450 Founders Club
    TommySQC said:

godawgst said:

TommySQC said:

godawgst said:

No shit. Born and raised there. My father had a shake mill across the street from that tavern (building no longer there) and it's attached to the post office where my grandfather was PostMaster for 24 years retiring in the early 80's. My family owned the building for 40 years until we sold it about 10 years ago.

How do those communities (Pe Ell and Willapa Valley) feel about merging the two schools football team into one and calling themselves the Titans?

Played baseball years ago with Mike Capps. Whatever happened to him?
    Graduated with him in high school (26 strong in senior class). Last I knew was living in Oregon, but that was 10 years ago.
    Did you play on the baseball team coached by Charlie Butts? Saw him umpiring years later in Olympia just a shell of himself. Butts went through the Kobe earthquake and was never the same.
    I did my junior year. School made him coach baseball team for some reason. The salmon that was ate by the shark in this thread knew as much about baseball as Mr. Butts did.

Idealogy wise, him living/teaching in PeEll was the equal of mixing oil and water. How was he different when you saw him umping in Olympia?
  • TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813
    godawgst said:

TommySQC said:

godawgst said:

TommySQC said:

godawgst said:

No shit. Born and raised there. My father had a shake mill across the street from that tavern (building no longer there) and it's attached to the post office where my grandfather was PostMaster for 24 years retiring in the early 80's. My family owned the building for 40 years until we sold it about 10 years ago.

How do those communities (Pe Ell and Willapa Valley) feel about merging the two schools football team into one and calling themselves the Titans?

Graduated with him in high school (26 strong in senior class). Last I knew was living in Oregon, but that was 10 years ago.
    Did you play on the baseball team coached by Charlie Butts? Saw him umpiring years later in Olympia just a shell of himself. Butts went through the Kobe earthquake and was never the same.
    I did my junior year. School made him coach baseball team for some reason. The salmon that was ate by the shark in this thread knew as much about baseball as Mr. Butts did.

Idealogy wise, him living/teaching in PeEll was the equal of mixing oil and water. How was he different when you saw him umping in Olympia?
    Not confident... very skiddish. His voice cracked when he talked. He taught English at Yelm after he left PeEll and I played and we struck up a convo about his coaching days. I ended up at Centralia CC with Capps.
  • dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,228
    TommySQC said:

godawgst said:

TommySQC said:

godawgst said:

TommySQC said:

godawgst said:

Not confident... very skiddish. His voice cracked when he talked. He taught English at Yelm after he left PeEll and I played and we struck up a convo about his coaching days. I ended up at Centralia CC with Capps.
    Being in Yelm has that effect on people.