Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

so I was at the Pe Ell Pub...

Comments

• creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,977
    dflea said:

Shelton had a Yard Birds. They had a Mynah bird i there that would fly around and talk shit. No kidding - it liked to clown on the customers, and it was good at it.

It's probably because the bird was smarter than half the people that came through the doors.

Remember Herters Sporting Goods in Olympia? I used to dig going there.

I actually remember hearing about that fucking bird.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,576 Founders Club
    Oly institutions

Eagan's Drive ins

Cut Rate Auto Parts (with a CRAP tee shirt)

4th Avenue Tavern
  • LebamDawgLebamDawg Member Posts: 8,666 Standard Supporter
    godawgst said:

LebamDawg said:

So now we have two people who reside/resided in a town that makes Aberdeen and Shelton seem like Palo Alto. Pe Ell. Nice.

Helps @creepycoug and @dflea IMO

it is pretty bad - when I go to the city for supplies I go to Aberdeen
    Aberdeen is such a shithole. Then again, I live in Chehalis.
    Growing up in PeEll, we called it "going to town" for groceries and the big town was Chehalis.

Loved it so much, along with esophfeces now live in Chehalis as well

Anyone remember shopping at Yard Birds (Huge General store before Wal-Mart/Target were national)?
    it is still called going to town - Lebam is right between Aberdeen and Chehalis - this won't sound right, but Mrs. Lebam and I go either way depending on traffic. Summers head east staying off 101, winter doesn't matter. Also head to Astoria for a change of pace. Yardbirds sucks now but Los Costenos Mexican cuisine trailer on the east side makes great flautas. Sunbird is the best clothing store in the area.

What a bunch of hicks...
  • DHDDHD Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,464 Founders Club
    Yardbirds had two giant birds outside the store that looked like they were made of paper mache'.

One was tall and looked like a knock-off of King Kong. You could drive between it's legs when you entered the parking lot.

The other bird, was big, but boring as fuck. Just sorta' perched in the lot. Blah. No character to that fucking bird.

Then, the big King-Kong looking bird burned up in a fire leaving that non-descript bird as the only mascot for the store.

The real Yardbirds Store might as well have burned down when the cool ass King-Kong bird burned down because it all went to shit shortly after that anyway.

• creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,977
    DHD said:

Yardbirds had two giant birds outside the store that looked like they were made of paper mache'.

One was tall and looked like a knock-off of King Kong. You could drive between it's legs when you entered the parking lot.

The other bird, was big, but boring as fuck. Just sorta' perched in the lot. Blah. No character to that fucking bird.

Then, the big King-Kong looking bird burned up in a fire leaving that non-descript bird as the only mascot for the store.

The real Yardbirds Store might as well have burned down when the cool ass King-Kong bird burned down because it all went to shit shortly after that anyway.

I think the one in Chehalis is still there. Was a few years ago.
  • BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,346
    Does anyone that poasts here live within the Seattle city limits? Besides myself and Harv, obviously.
  • TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813
    godawgst said:

TommySQC said:

godawgst said:

No shit. Born and raised there. My father had a shake mill across the street from that tavern (building no longer there) and it's attached to the post office where my grandfather was PostMaster for 24 years retiring in the early 80's. My family owned the building for 40 years until we sold it about 10 years ago.

How do those communities (Pe Ell and Willapa Valley) feel about merging the two schools football team into one and calling themselves the Titans?

Played baseball years ago with Mike Capps. Whatever happened to him?
    Graduated with him in high school (26 strong in senior class). Last I knew was living in Oregon, but that was 10 years ago.
    Did you play on the baseball team coached by Charlie Butts? Saw him umpiring years later in Olympia just a shell of himself. Butts went through the Kobe earthquake and was never the same.
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781
    TommySQC said:

godawgst said:

TommySQC said:

godawgst said:

No shit. Born and raised there. My father had a shake mill across the street from that tavern (building no longer there) and it's attached to the post office where my grandfather was PostMaster for 24 years retiring in the early 80's. My family owned the building for 40 years until we sold it about 10 years ago.

How do those communities (Pe Ell and Willapa Valley) feel about merging the two schools football team into one and calling themselves the Titans?

Graduated with him in high school (26 strong in senior class). Last I knew was living in Oregon, but that was 10 years ago.
    Did you play on the baseball team coached by Charlie Butts? Saw him umpiring years later in Olympia just a shell of himself. Butts went through the Kobe earthquake and was never the same.
    Of the Lacy Butts?
  • LebamDawgLebamDawg Member Posts: 8,666 Standard Supporter

TommySQC said:

godawgst said:

TommySQC said:

godawgst said:

Of the Lacy Butts?
    of the Seymour Butts

• PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,502 Swaye's Wigwam
  • dongmandongman Member Posts: 2,384

Lol I can’t wait to go to Pulltab for the apple cup.

Pullman welcome gays, trans, genderqueers, chicks, dudes, fatasses, dipshits, cocksuckers, legal retards, farmers only men, and the like. But no one wants you here. Stay in Kent.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,448 Founders Club
    LebamDawg said:

So now we have two people who reside/resided in a town that makes Aberdeen and Shelton seem like Palo Alto. Pe Ell. Nice.

it is pretty bad - when I go to the city for supplies I go to Aberdeen
    "The Deen"
  • AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381

Lol I can’t wait to go to Pulltab for the apple cup.

still, a better college choice than fucking Santa Clara
  • AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381

Oysters and seafood for days and days. It ain't all bad out there.