Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Washington ticket update

DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,444 Founders Club
I was approached after the Woodinville game last night by someone offering me (3) free tickets on the 40-yard line today vs. Stanford. I said no thank you.

Comments

• DawgWagonDanDawgWagonDan Member Posts: 789

I've been offered a pair twice by two different friends and a single by another buddy. My Response? No thank you on all counts. I'm not sitting out in the wind and rain for 4 hours to watch a bend but don't break defense and a finesse ding-dong offense lose to shitty Samfurd team 17-13. Before I became active on this site I'm pretty sure I would have gone. Do you see what you've done to me Derek?

You rang?

In all seriousness, I would love to be there today. Last game I went to was home opener against Boise State in 2013 so I miss it terribly. The only time I had enough apathy toward the program to say fuck it and not go when I was a student was 2008 against UCLA. I’m glad 10 wins is the new standard, and there is plenty of reason to be pissed at the product that Pete is putting on the field, but we need people there to boo him when his offense puts up under 13 again, so go do your job!
    AND I know I'll be pissed when the place is 3/4 full on TV... I'll yell "where the fuck is everyone!" at my TV, meanwhile I could have been there for free. It's hard being a rabid Dwag fan sometimes...
  • Miley_CyrusMiley_Cyrus Member Posts: 808

Swaye said:

This is what happens at 6-3 when you blow it against Cal and the season is over even though you play in a retard league that the Dallas Lighthouse for the Blind could win.

Disagree. This shit has been happening all year. The stadium hasn’t been full, the crowd is subdued, and then you come to this site where buttfucks laugh about not being bothered for 12 dollar tickets. Then those same buttfucks lament the loss of our home field advantage and our new neutered crowd. Lather, rinse, repeat.
    This. Can’t have it both ways buttfucks!
  • sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208

Smoke a few joints and get hammered before the game. NOGAF about the weather game then.

• PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,502 Swaye's Wigwam
    edited November 2018
    If we beat Cal id go with the free tickets I was offered. That shit has me wanting to sit at home and switch between games while eating decent food and not having to walk a half a mile for a shitty beer
  • doogvilledoogville Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,197 Swaye's Wigwam

Swaye said:

This is what happens at 6-3 when you blow it against Cal and the season is over even though you play in a retard league that the Dallas Lighthouse for the Blind could win.

Disagree. This shit has been happening all year. The stadium hasn’t been full, the crowd is subdued, and then you come to this site where buttfucks laugh about not being bothered for 12 dollar tickets. Then those same buttfucks lament the loss of our home field advantage and our new neutered crowd. Lather, rinse, repeat.
    The product sucks, hth. I've been to four games this year & only enjoyed one slightly (BYU). And even that game was zzzz.

Otherwise the team is boring as shit, no explosive plays, no sacks, no players amping up the crowd.

Put an exciting team on the field and Husky stadium will be full & rocking again. Water is wet.
  • FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,744
    Buncha whiners ITT. I would be there if I wasn't frozen solid in Alaska.

You want a team that's fired up? First need to win a game that they weren't 90% favoriites to win.

Every opponent has the UW game circled on their calendar after the last two years so it makes for a sharp contrast when UW is going through the motions. But good programs evolve. CP probably should have taken a page from Saban's playbook and ripped into his team after a win earlier this year. But he is a competitor he will figure it out.
  • GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,163
    doogville said:

Swaye said:

The product sucks, hth. I've been to four games this year & only enjoyed one slightly (BYU). And even that game was zzzz.

Otherwise the team is boring as shit, no explosive plays, no sacks, no players amping up the crowd.

Put an exciting team on the field and Husky stadium will be full & rocking again. Water is wet.
    Your last sentence is bullshit. This fanbase is boring and uninteresting, and it’s been that way for awhile now. If you can’t show up for a top ten team then your fanbase sucks, HTH. The lack of marketing and subpar in-game experience certainly doesn’t help things, but you’re making shitty excuses for a shitty group of fans, this board included.
  • dannarcdannarc Member Posts: 2,363

doogville said:

Swaye said:

Your last sentence is bullshit. This fanbase is boring and uninteresting, and it’s been that way for awhile now. If you can’t show up for a top ten team then your fanbase sucks, HTH. The lack of marketing and subpar in-game experience certainly doesn’t help things, but you’re making shitty excuses for a shitty group of fans, this board included.
    * bored

Other than that, bravo.....
  • sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    This team has my full Conditional support
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,853
    You guyz r so tight