Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Yesterday the doogs wet dream came true

Cyler Miles getting a win in his first start on the road and Oregon got plungered by a team UW plungered. I am sure on doogman boreds are full of poasts trying to make OSU look like a legit team.

Well Sark got that win this year that will make it impossible to get rid of him now.

We.Are.Fucked.

Comments

• bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 15,159
    Don't forget that that scumbag Mora who burned a lot of bridges got what was coming to him
  • PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,829 Founders Club
    This is from a mailing list I'm still signed up for. This is doogdom at its finest.

"This was, IMO, the best college football weekend of the year.

1. Arizona steam-rolls Oregon, making the Ducks look sick.  That was an excellent game.  And it was an honest, straightforward game.  It makes you wonder why the Huskies could not give the Ducks a better contest. Arizona came to play. My Arizona friends told me that fans were miffed when DAT aka Black Mamba starting talking about how the Ducks were disappointed to be going to the Rose Bowl, as if they had already won the game. I wonder if the Wildcats felt the same way?  I don't know what fired Arizona up, it was more than just another senior day, but they prepared and played as if they intended to win, and they did.  And the game was not close.  There are a lot of lessons there for Sark.     

2. ASU beats UCLA.  I was sort of ambivalent about these teams.  However, after our game against UCLA I started to really hate the Bruins, mostly because of Myles Jack.  That kid struck me as being an arrogant punk.  I do not know him.  He could be the best kid in the world.  And I know how irrational it is to condemn a team for one player's actions.  But it is what it is--college football--and fans can be irrational I guess.  In any event, after Myles Jack was mugging and posing last week, I was hoping the Football Gods would strike the Bruins down.  I was not disappointed.  I will be rooting for USC next week.

3. Washington dismantles Oregon State.  The best was saved for last. No one saw this coming.  No one.  Playing on the road with a back-up QB, the Huskies took a 48-0 lead into the 4th quarter.   65 yard + TD run?  Let's do that again.  Thanks.  One more time please.  Thank you.  Incredible.  Can we have a pick 6?  Thank you.  Perhaps the best play was Marcus Peters' stripping and recovering the ball from an astonished Beaver.  It was sort of like, "I'll take that, please--thank you."   

Go Dawgs!

Go Huskies!"
  • HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    Baze, what is the email for that list? I recall it was posted a week ago.
    rosebowl@u.washington.edu
    Here's a response to the original E-Mail:

"What a fun game to watch - I hope it helps quiet the "fire Sark" rumblings. OSU was a 6-4 team that hadn't lost to the Huskies at home since 2003. The Huskies put up the most points OSU has ever allowed, and the most the UW has scored since 1941. The score could have easily been higher, but Sark put in the reserves early in the 3rd quarter & didn't attempt passes. 

I guess one of the defensive keys to beating the one-dimensional OSU team was to put in Ross as defensive back so they could run man coverage on the receivers. Sark said they will do the same thing against our next one-dimensional pass-attack opponent: WSU. I think we ran so much because OSU couldn't stop it and because we were starting a rookie QB. I agree that Miles was unimpressive as a runner - very flat footed & indecisive. I expect that will change next year as he adjusts to the speed of the game. Also playing ahead instead of playing behind (as we did with UCLA) allows the Huskies to run the ball as they'd like to. 

Keith Price should be back for the Apple Cup. As long as we don't have unlucky bounces & phantom ref calls that plagued us in other big games this year, I think the Dawgs may blow out WSU this year."

Yeah, the "fire Sark" crowd is going to shut up because of one game against the hapless Beavs. We'll just forget the mediocre play for the 5 years of his tenure. We'll forget the bad recruiting, lack of player development, lack of team identity and intensity. We'll forget being throttled by the top teams in the conference or the rare OOC ones.
  • jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,727
    That list has been around for at least 15 years. Used to be on it in the late 90's
    I've thought about leaving it many times, but just stay on and lurk. It's interesting to see what's going on with the Kool-Aid drinkers, since I got kicked out of dm.c and don't want to pay $11/mo.
  • PurpleJPurpleJ Member Posts: 37,120 Founders Club
    It makes you wonder why the Huskies could not give the Ducks a better contest.
  • chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,968 Swaye's Wigwam

Well Sark got that win this year that will make it impossible to get rid of him now.

We.Are.Fucked.

Sark got the win that erases the submissive second half against Oregon, the meltdown at ASU, and the amateur hour display at UCLA. Those games never happened.

I imagine the boys will be posing and flexing at the lowly Cougs pregame and do their best to show how little the AC means now that they have their signature win against a NW powerhouse.

Cougs 42, Dawgs 23. We win the battle for penalty yards 5:1.