Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

It's so obvious, I just don't get it.

2»

Comments

• CheersWestDawgCheersWestDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,478 Swaye's Wigwam
    If people are sick of Doogman, but don't like the swearing over here...then they can start their own website.

This place is what it is. We've embraced what we are. If they don't like us and can't see through the curse words to understand the points we're making, then they can go fuck off.
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781
    Passion said:

You wonder why this board mocks you yet you say friggin instead of fuckin.

In my line of work I've learned a lot about communications and messaging. The bottom line is that you lose part of your audience when you swear. A certain percentage of people focus on the curse words, and not the point you're making. Think about it. A politician could make a powerful speech supporting or opposing a certain policy, but if they curse many people would focus on the cursing. That is why I "voted up" when people suggested reducing the amount of curse words on firecoachsark.com

On this website people (including you) constantly make points about how this coach has underperformed in recruiting, on the field, and elsewhere. A strong point will reach fewer people if swearing is included. It's a proven fact.

I curse - frequently. But not when I'm trying to make a point in a public forum. Why? Because my point will resonate with fewer people.

God you must suck to hang out with in real life. A lot
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    I don't get how grown men have a problem with swearing. Do they watch Disney movies instead of ones rated R? Watch network cable over HBO/Showtime? I get it how some people are annoying because they swear every other word, but a little bit here and there, who cares? On the other hand, I don't give a fuck if someone chooses not to swear. It's their prerogative.
  • PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622

Passion said:

You wonder why this board mocks you yet you say friggin instead of fuckin.

In my line of work I've learned a lot about communications and messaging. The bottom line is that you lose part of your audience when you swear. A certain percentage of people focus on the curse words, and not the point you're making. Think about it. A politician could make a powerful speech supporting or opposing a certain policy, but if they curse many people would focus on the cursing. That is why I "voted up" when people suggested reducing the amount of curse words on firecoachsark.com

On this website people (including you) constantly make points about how this coach has underperformed in recruiting, on the field, and elsewhere. A strong point will reach fewer people if swearing is included. It's a proven fact.

I curse - frequently. But not when I'm trying to make a point in a public forum. Why? Because my point will resonate with fewer people.

God you must suck to hang out with in real life. A lot
    Your wife disagrees.
  • PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
    edited November 2013

I don't get how grown men have a problem with swearing. Do they watch Disney movies instead of ones rated R? Watch network cable over HBO/Showtime? I get it how some people are annoying because they swear every other word, but a little bit here and there, who cares? On the other hand, I don't give a fuck if someone chooses not to swear. It's their prerogative.

Maybe I wasn't clear. I don't have a problem with swearing. It's a normal part of my conversations with friends and coworkers.

My point is that an argument is less effective when somebody swears. The curse words become the focal point for FAR too many people, and the facts/points you're making gets lost. It's like if a guy giving a speech has a booger in his nose. The booger gets picked up by the media and the average dumbass observer with a short attention span will only remember the booger, not the person's speech.
  • PurpleJPurpleJ Member Posts: 37,120 Founders Club
    You should take the comma out of the title of this thread. Much more accurate.
  • PurpleJ said:

You should take the comma out of the title of this thread. Much more accurate.

It's sad how he still FUCKING doesn't get it.