Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

It's so obvious, I just don't get it.

PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
People exclaim: "HA! WHERE ARE ALL THE FIRE SARK A-HOLES NOW!" ...after beating oregon friggin' state?

THAT'S BEEN OUR PROBLEM FOR THE PAST FEW YEARS!!!!!!!!!!!! We beat the average teams and lose to the good teams. THAT IS THE RECIPE FOR MEDIOCRITY!!!! THAT IS HOW YOU GET LULLED INTO BEING PERPETUALLY AVERAGE!!!!! YOU CELEBRATE TOO MUCH WHEN WE WIN THESE TYPES OF GAMES, RATHER THAN STEPPING BACK AND LOOKING AT THE BIG PICTURE OF WHERE THIS TEAM IS SUPPOSED TO BE!!!!

Right now we're at 7 wins. SHOCKING! If we manage to get by wazzu (which won't be a gimme), we'll be at 8 wins. Do Husky Fans really think that is enough of an improvement to warrant loving this coach?

It's friggin' mind boggling how little these people expect.

Comments

• You wonder why this board mocks you yet you say friggin instead of fuckin.
  • TheKobeStopperTheKobeStopper Member Posts: 5,959

You wonder why this board mocks you yet you say friggin instead of fuckin.

I don't mock him. I friggin like Passion.
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,842 Founders Club
    Jim Mora says friggin all the time
  • topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    Dad Gum > Friggin
  • AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    If you're going to bash thinly-veiled obscenity, I am OUT!!
  • IrishDawg22IrishDawg22 Member Posts: 2,754
    topdawgnc said:

Dad Gum > Friggin

Gosh darn it, you beat me to it.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 105,103 Founders Club
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,378 Founders Club
    Dad-blast it and G. Rover Cripes!
  • DeepSeaZDeepSeaZ Member Posts: 3,901
    EVERYONE, THE FRONT DOOR!!!
  • DeepSeaZDeepSeaZ Member Posts: 3,901
    Shut the front door. Fuck!
  • WedgwoodDawgWedgwoodDawg Member Posts: 184
    Passion said:

It's friggin' mind boggling how little these people expect.

Marinerization
  • CaptainPJCaptainPJ Member Posts: 2,986
  • PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
    edited November 2013

In my line of work I've learned a lot about communications and messaging. The bottom line is that you lose part of your audience when you swear. A certain percentage of people focus on the curse words, and not the point you're making. Think about it. A politician could make a powerful speech supporting or opposing a certain policy, but if they curse many people would focus on the cursing. That is why I "voted up" when people suggested reducing the amount of curse words on firecoachsark.com

On this website people (including you) constantly make points about how this coach has underperformed in recruiting, on the field, and elsewhere. A strong point will reach fewer people if swearing is included. It's a proven fact.

I curse - frequently. But not when I'm trying to make a point in a public forum. Why? Because my point will resonate with fewer people.

• iDawg(RIP) would love this thread.
  • Passion said:

In my line of work I've learned a lot about communications and messaging. The bottom line is that you lose part of your audience when you swear. A certain percentage of people focus on the curse words, and not the point you're making. Think about it. A politician could make a powerful speech supporting or opposing a certain policy, but if they curse many people would focus on the cursing. That is why I "voted up" when people suggested reducing the amount of curse words on firecoachsark.com

On this website people (including you) constantly make points about how this coach has underperformed in recruiting, on the field, and elsewhere. A strong point will reach fewer people if swearing is included. It's a proven fact.

I curse - frequently. But not when I'm trying to make a point in a public forum. Why? Because my point will resonate with fewer people.

Yeah but here your audience is a bunch of cursing fucktards.
  • PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622

Passion said:

Most of us are, yes. You have a point.

But you don't think there are some fence-sitters that are getting sick of doogman, and are peeking over here to see if it's a suitable alternative?
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,378 Founders Club
    Passion said:

Passion said:

Most of us are, yes. You have a point.

But you don't think there are some fence-sitters that are getting sick of doogman, and are peeking over here to see if it's a suitable alternative?
    If they can't hang with this shit, then fuck 'em. HH is what it is, no apologies, and no smooth crotch crying about it.

Oh yeah, it's poont, not point. Next time, there won't even be a warning.
  • Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    Passion said:

Gas, match, fire, celebrate....