Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

This could be the moment we point to when the Cougars arrived to crash big boy college football

2»

Comments

• BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    salemcoog said:

Baseman said:

Doogles said:

Minshew is a difference maker, imo.

He's having a good year. I see it more as a Sefo Lifau type good season than Minshew actually being good.
    Minshew is good. He’s got an arm, makes good decisions, and the balls to get it done. Poor man’s Baker Mayfield
    Great description. He’ll throw a RZ pick every now and then that will drive ya mad. But I’m pretty sure He’s driven for a TD the next drive every time. He has a great clock in his head as well as to either get the fuck outta the pocket or throw it away while still looking down field. He doesn’t take stupid sacks like Falk always did.
    I’m a big admirer. He’s not just a FAUX Air RAID hero. That said, I hope we fuck his shit up. But anyways
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    edited October 2018

Doogles said:

He's having a good year. I see it more as a Sefo Lifau type good season than Minshew actually being good.
    Lifau could not throw a fucking forward pass
    Most of this board thought he was good. I remember the arguments. I'm just bringing up a time I was right.
  • KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,844
    edited October 2018

salemcoog said:

Baseman said:

Doogles said:

Minshew is good. He’s got an arm, makes good decisions, and the balls to get it done. Poor man’s Baker Mayfield
    Great description. He’ll throw a RZ pick every now and then that will drive ya mad. But I’m pretty sure He’s driven for a TD the next drive every time. He has a great clock in his head as well as to either get the fuck outta the pocket or throw it away while still looking down field. He doesn’t take stupid sacks like Falk always did.
    da fuq? Have you seen WSU’s red zone stats? 29 scores in 32 tries 91%. 1 st in the Pac12.

Red zone TD’s? 27-32 meaning 81% of the time WSU is in the RZ, it’s a TD also 1st in the PAC-12

Falk only dreamed of an offensive line as efficient as what Minshew plays behind.

I never said He wasn’t good in the RZ, just that he’s thrown some picks there.

Minshew has thrown 2 RZ picks with another being at like the 22 yd line. But we’re? way past splittin hairs here.

Looking at your numbers, the WSU red zone offense has scored every time that they didn’t turn the ballover except for one time this year.

That is fucking amazing.

The Oline has been amazing as well. Giving up 1 sack per like 70 drop backs. 5 total. All with inexperience and a new Oline coach. Our Oline is definitely better this year.

Minshew is aware of what’s going on all over the field. He starts each play refusing to take a sack and He has as good of a clock in his head as I’ve ever seen. But if the first couple reads aren’t there, He shuffles out of trouble with never looking at the rush. He never panics and His eyes are downfield the whole time. That’s what makes him good. But when the play is dead, he realizes it and chucks it away. Gesser is the only Coug QB that had that too.

• Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    Baseman said:

Doogles said:

Yeah, he is a Mayfield clone. He makes the right choice and gets it there quickly.

UW is going win the AC rather easily though.
  • UWhuskytskeetUWhuskytskeet Member Posts: 7,110

I will say this, if minshew played for UW this year, we be undefeated

We are two plays away from being undefeated with Brownsocks. With Minshew we are a 2 or 3 seed in the playoffs.
  • BearsWiinBearsWiin Member Posts: 5,024

I will say this, if minshew played for Cal this year, we be undefeated

We? can do that too
  • HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    BearsWiin said:

We? can do that too
    Probably true because your defense is really good.

Your QB position is a lot worse than ours, though.
  • Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246

BearsWiin said:

We? can do that too
    Probably true because your defense is really good.

Your QB position is a lot worse than ours, though.
    I picked us for a solid L to Cal. If you really break that game down Cal outplayed us for the most part, but their QB play was brutal. 14 quick points and two extra possessions spotted by one position.

That's really just Cal football though. It's a shit show basically always.