Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

This could be the moment we point to when the Cougars arrived to crash big boy college football

Comments

• Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,167
    Delusional as ever.
  • BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    For the first time, a little tear started to well up in my eye, as I thought of all the work the players put in to overcome the Offseason From Hell that went into that moment.
  • UWhuskytskeetUWhuskytskeet Member Posts: 7,110
    Baseman said:

A couple of days removed from it all, I still can’t shake the feeling that maybe Saturday will be the day we point to as the moment WSU truly arrived as a big-time football school...you don’t have to squint real hard to see this as a coming out party for both the program and the fanbase, the point at which we can now say this is more than just an uptick, more than just a run of good form for the program. This is what the program now is.

Guess it’s not too early for the “D” word

Was this a repost from last year's USC game?
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,506 Swaye's Wigwam

Little brother is so predictable. Good things happen to them so rarely that anytim they do they twist themselves into a granny knot thinking "it could be for real this tim!"

Spoiler alert: it's not.

Lose one or both Stanford/Colorado and of course the AC.

Predictable as always.

Baseman said:

A couple of days removed from it all, I still can’t shake the feeling that maybe Saturday will be the day we point to as the moment WSU truly arrived as a big-time football school...you don’t have to squint real hard to see this as a coming out party for both the program and the fanbase, the point at which we can now say this is more than just an uptick, more than just a run of good form for the program. This is what the program now is.

Guess it’s not too early for the “D” word

Was this a repost from last year's USC game?
    Oct 23, 2018, 8:42pm PDT
    Claiming the spoils in season always turns out well.

Win out. Win the bowl, then pop off.
  • KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,844
    edited October 2018
    Coug Center is right you know.

Cougs are ranked # 1 this week.

https://amp.usatoday.com/amp/1744360002?__twitter_impression=true

Sustainability rankings come out this afternoon as well. Will update once they’re released.
  • WilburHooksHandsWilburHooksHands Member Posts: 6,792
    Giving their receivers the Covey treatment is gonna be special.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123

Little brother is so predictable. Good things happen to them so rarely that anytim they do they twist themselves into a granny knot thinking "it could be for real this tim!"

Spoiler alert: it's not.

They could go on a 10 win run for a year or two, but they will never recruit well enough to consistently be good.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    Doogles said:

Minshew is a difference maker, imo.

He's having a good year. I see it more as a Sefo Lifau type good season than Minshew actually being good.
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823

Doogles said:

He's having a good year. I see it more as a Sefo Lifau type good season than Minshew actually being good.
    Lifau could not throw a fucking forward pass
  • KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,844
    Baseman said:

Doogles said:

Minshew is good. He’s got an arm, makes good decisions, and the balls to get it done. Poor man’s Baker Mayfield
    Great description. He’ll throw a RZ pick every now and then that will drive ya mad. But I’m pretty sure He’s driven for a TD the next drive every time. He has a great clock in his head as well as to either get the fuck outta the pocket or throw it away while still looking down field. He doesn’t take stupid sacks like Falk always did.
  • PurpleJPurpleJ Member Posts: 36,893 Founders Club
    You can never be big boy football in that mid major stadium 6 hours away from most of your fans.
  • sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    edited October 2018
    salemcoog said:

Baseman said:

Doogles said:

Minshew is good. He’s got an arm, makes good decisions, and the balls to get it done. Poor man’s Baker Mayfield
    Great description. He’ll throw a RZ pick every now and then that will drive ya mad. But I’m pretty sure He’s driven for a TD the next drive every time. He has a great clock in his head as well as to either get the fuck outta the pocket or throw it away while still looking down field. He doesn’t take stupid sacks like Falk always did.
    da fuq? Have you seen WSU’s red zone stats? 29 scores in 32 tries 91%. 1 st in the Pac12.

Red zone TD’s? 27-32 meaning 81% of the time WSU is in the RZ, it’s a TD also 1st in the PAC-12

Falk only dreamed of an offensive line as efficient as what Minshew plays behind.