Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Time to start looking for a new defensive coordinator

13»

Comments

• Options
    sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    5 Awesomes Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    WSU was arguably in worse shape in the Pac12 post Wulff, when Leach took over compared with FIU in the Sunbelt conference when Cristobal took over.

Leach took WSU to a winning overall record and 4 bowl games in 6 years. Today, WSU controls its own destiny to the Rose Bowl.

Cristobal was simply a bad hire for Oregon but great for the other PAC-12 schools.
  • Options
    MikeSeaverMikeSeaver Member Posts: 4,405
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

I didn't realize how bad that loss to the cuogs hurt

Ah, a complete subject change. AKA: the surrender.

• Options
    Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited October 2018

Mosster47 said:

Apparently neither one of you can see the Kent State record is far superior to FIU

Boise doesn't fit your fake narrative

Year 6 Cristobal was back to 3-9

But I'm struggling

Did James have a losing record after his first year? Dig deeper

I'm not the one trying to talk myself into anything. I'm using your argument

Year 5

You’re really having a really, really hard time.

It’s like watching Elvis on the toilet, near the end.
    But BOISE!!!!1!11!!!!

Firmly forgets to mention every coach at Boise has been awesome since Koetter and Harsin currently. He was just another cog in the wheel there.
    This is the thing that just isn't true. Those guys were good at Boise, but Pete took Boise to heights no one did before or since. He may or may not be a great coach but trying to explain away his success at Boise with "everyone else did it" is willfully ignorant. No, they didn't.
    Harsin has won the MWC three out of four years and won a Fiesta Bowl.

Hawkins won the MWC four out of five years.

Koetter won the MWC two out of three years.

Peterman just kept up what was already happening and is still happening.

So the 12 years sandwiched around Peterman ended in 9 conference titles and a Fiesta Bowl win. In Peterman's 8 years he won the MWC 5 times and a Fiesta Bowl.

Boise is literally plug and play.

Your turn.
  • Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Mosster47 said:

Mosster47 said:

Apparently neither one of you can see the Kent State record is far superior to FIU

But I'm struggling

Year 5

But BOISE!!!!1!11!!!!

Firmly forgets to mention every coach at Boise has been awesome since Koetter and Harsin currently. He was just another cog in the wheel there.
    This is the thing that just isn't true. Those guys were good at Boise, but Pete took Boise to heights no one did before or since. He may or may not be a great coach but trying to explain away his success at Boise with "everyone else did it" is willfully ignorant. No, they didn't.

So the 12 years sandwiched around Peterman ended in 9 conference titles and a Fiesta Bowl win. In Peterman's 8 years he won the MWC 5 times and a Fiesta Bowl.

Your turn.
    LOL.

Harsin "won a Fiesta Bowl" in a year he lost 2 games and didn't even finish ranked in the top 15. His crowning achievement was a win over a 4 loss team who also didn't finish in the top 15. In four and a half seasons he's already lost two more conference games than Pete did in 8.

In four seasons he's finished ranked 50% of the time, with an average ranking of 19, an average of 3 losses per year and has never once a) gone undefeated even in conference b) finished with less than 2 losses.

Pete didn't have "a Fiesta Bowl win", he had two, over teams that finished 11 and 6 even after the loss to him. He went undefeated in conference three times, undefeated overall twice, and finished with one loss three other times. He finished in the top 5 twice and the top 10 four times. His sixth best season out of 8 was equal to Harsin's best of 4 in number of losses (two) and average rank between AP/coaches (16).

Hawkins was better than Harsin but never finished ranked higher than 12th in any pole, never appeared in a BCS level bowl and never went undefeated. Koetter never even had his team ranked.

TL;DR Pete finished ranked 6 out of 8 seasons or 75% of the time.

The others before/after him finished ranked 5 out of 12 seasons or 41.6% of the time (and isn't even in others receiving votes in season 13). Not one of Harsin, Koetter or Hawkins seasons would rank in Boises's top 5 best finishes under Pete. There's zero chance Boise finishes well enough to get there this season.

Literally plug and play indeed.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,134
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,134
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Ah, a complete subject change. AKA: the surrender.

Since you can't answer my last post on the subject with anything other than lame smack I consider the case closed

Year 5
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,740
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

WSU was arguably in worse shape in the Pac12 post Wulff, when Leach took over compared with FIU in the Sunbelt conference when Cristobal took over.

Leach took WSU to a winning overall record and 4 bowl games in 6 years. Today, WSU controls its own destiny to the Rose Bowl.

Cristobal was simply a bad hire for Oregon but great for the other PAC-12 schools.

Jury is still way out on that.
  • Options
    EwaDawgEwaDawg Member Posts: 3,992
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Mosster47 said:

Mosster47 said:

But I'm struggling

Year 5

But BOISE!!!!1!11!!!!

Your turn.
    LOL.

Harsin "won a Fiesta Bowl" in a year he lost 2 games and didn't even finish ranked in the top 15. His crowning achievement was a win over a 4 loss team who also didn't finish in the top 15. In four and a half seasons he's already lost two more conference games than Pete did in 8.

In four seasons he's finished ranked 50% of the time, with an average ranking of 19, an average of 3 losses per year and has never once a) gone undefeated even in conference b) finished with less than 2 losses.

Pete didn't have "a Fiesta Bowl win", he had two, over teams that finished 11 and 6 even after the loss to him. He went undefeated in conference three times, undefeated overall twice, and finished with one loss three other times. He finished in the top 5 twice and the top 10 four times. His sixth best season out of 8 was equal to Harsin's best of 4 in number of losses (two) and average rank between AP/coaches (16).

Hawkins was better than Harsin but never finished ranked higher than 12th in any pole, never appeared in a BCS level bowl and never went undefeated. Koetter never even had his team ranked.

The others before/after him finished ranked 5 out of 12 seasons or 41.6% of the time (and isn't even in others receiving votes in season 13). Not one of Harsin, Koetter or Hawkins seasons would rank in Boises's top 5 best finishes under Pete. There's zero chance Boise finishes well enough to get there this season.

Your turn.
  • Options

Mosster47 said:

Mosster47 said:

But I'm struggling

Year 5

But BOISE!!!!1!11!!!!

Your turn.
    LOL.

Wait; we're hear talking about Pete at Boise State Junior College?

Why? Hasn't he been at Washington Damnit! for 5 years?

Strange.
  • Options
    BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

you'll understand in a few weeks.
  • Options

Mosster47 said:

Mosster47 said:

But I'm struggling

Year 5

But BOISE!!!!1!11!!!!

Your turn.
    LOL.

Strange.
    You must be new here.

We? were still arguing about Ricks time at Colorado halfway through Ty's tenure at UW.
  • Options

Mosster47 said:

Mosster47 said:

But I'm struggling

Year 5

But BOISE!!!!1!11!!!!

Your turn.
    LOL.

Strange.
    You must be new here.

We? were still arguing about Ricks time at Colorado halfway through Ty's tenure at UW.
    Yes, I remember.
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    AZDuck said:

Here's my Sark>Ty take...

Before Leavitt, Oregon didn't only have a bad defense, the worst defense in the pac 12, or the worst def in the power 5. Oregon had the worst defense in FBS...period. Oregon now has a mediocre defense that's opportunistic. I'm still LIPO. They got bigger upfront and there's no denying that this has helped the defense in short yardage situations. Oregon's biggest problem is the undersized secondary. I don't think any coach can fix that outside of recruiting bigger players, which they are doing.

OBK, you're acting like a child. Grow the hell up. After the UW game, you were pounding your chest and giving all this undefeated the rest of the way crap. Now after a terrible first half (the worst half I've ever seen) you are now throwing a fit. AZDuck, myself, and Mosster, also didn't like that performance at all, but at least we knew it could happen. Nobody is right all the time like Race. Take a walk and get some damn perspective.

there have been *worse* first halves, but not many...
    2003 in Autzen after young rich and cool was worse. I believe it was 38-2 at the half in WSUs favor.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Mosster47 said:

But I'm struggling

Year 5

But BOISE!!!!1!11!!!!

There is some level of truth to Boise coaching itself, but nobody came close to doing what Petersen did.
  • Options
    Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

Mosster47 said:

But I'm struggling

Year 5

But BOISE!!!!1!11!!!!

There is some level of truth to Boise coaching itself, but nobody came close to doing what Petersen did.
    75% MWC rate and NY6 bowl wins?

Yes, yes they did. Peter never got into the BCS title game and neither did the rest of them. The resumes are all the same.
  • Options
    Mosster47 said:

Mosster47 said:

But I'm struggling

Year 5

But BOISE!!!!1!11!!!!

Yes, yes they did. Peter never got into the BCS title game and neither did the rest of them. The resumes are all the same.
    This is embarrassing, even for you.
  • Options
    I see a lot of doogs

Mosster47 said:

Mosster47 said:

But I'm struggling

Year 5

But BOISE!!!!1!11!!!!

This is embarrassing, even for you.
    @StrongArmCobra