Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

I’m with Pete

2»

Comments

• Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

I still love coach Pete. I have faith in him. Damn good coach and recruiting is trending up.

I’m not a doog, but I remember sitting through 0-12 as a student and all the shit years. Now we’re going to win the P12 and we complain about not winning every game. Fuck off if you disagree

Why wouldnt you stand by Pete? Aside from Pup, who here has been right about his genius? Basically you stand with Pup...the best place to be if you want actual board cred new fish
    Warned
  • Options
    puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

I still love coach Pete. I have faith in him. Damn good coach and recruiting is trending up.

I’m not a doog, but I remember sitting through 0-12 as a student and all the shit years. Now we’re going to win the P12 and we complain about not winning every game. Fuck off if you disagree

Why wouldnt you stand by Pete? Aside from Pup, who here has been right about his genius? Basically you stand with Pup...the best place to be if you want actual board cred new fish
    You also stand by Lambo, so...
    I do. 2 plays from back-to-back rose bowls will do that to a true fan like Pup. But you werent following husky ball then so it's easy to get confused
  • Options
    PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,495
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

I do. 2 plays from back-to-back rose bowls will do that to a true fan like Pup. But you werent following husky ball then so it's easy to get confused
    lulz
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    When I hung out with the national championship team in 2011, one thing became apparent...they were as frustrated with those same few plays as well. The consensus I got, especially after talking with Mario for awhile, was how bad they felt for Lambo, for getting shorted his well deserved rose bowl trips.

USC stole 1 trip, Plummer just played like superman 10 weeks straight the other. Lambo got a bad break, but even he'd tell you he wished he tried out a few more kickers, started Dillon 2 quarters earlier and had Fiala wear sticky gloves. He deserved better from hedges, and you Johnny come lately cunts here.
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,930
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    I'm not going to complain about beating an okay Buffo team by 14, but two years ago we blew them out of the water. So right now, we're not really improving. I don't get the goalpost moving. Year five is supposed to be the magical year when everything comes together. Now it's some other undefinable year according to a lot of people here due to recruiting or some bullshit reason.
  • Options
    edited October 2018

I'm not going to complain about beating an okay Buffo team by 14, but two years ago we blew them out of the water. So right now, we're not really improving. I don't get the goalpost moving. Year five is supposed to be the magical year when everything comes together. Now it's some other undefinable year according to a lot of people here due to recruiting or some bullshit reason.

Bill, no wonder I lost respect for your dumbass. Dawgs improved where they needed to..under center, at LOS and with running game. They win where good teams do. Running football and playing defense. You embarrass yourself
  • Options
    SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,240
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club

He's good, I like him too, but there is a but and it's a pretty big one. Pete has elevated the program to very competent. There is no doubt the program is in good hands. They're winning most of their games, the losses are no longer blowouts, they're putting players in the league again, and seem to be weathering the effects of graduations/early declarations/injuries pretty well, "reloading instead of rebuilding". But. They have yet to win a really big game under Pete. True signature wins. They're missing. He needs to elevate the program another step. Maybe one of the current QB's riding the pine will be the missing ingredient. We'll see.
  • Options
    BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,346
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Swaye said:

I thought longduckdong get banned?

There are two of them, and neither has been banned
    Sounds like two too many.
    There are multiple dicks.
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,801

After hearing your voice, confirmed: mentally disabled.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    edited October 2018

After hearing your voice, confirmed: mentally disabled.
    Haha pot calling a kettle black. Aren’t you legally mentally disabled?
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,816
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

I’m sitting on the toilet and doing everything I can to not laugh at this
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,478
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Doogles said:

For a NY6 team with 17 returning starters including a 4 year starter at QB we sure make a lot of rookie mistakes EVERY SINGLE GAME.

We let teams hang around that shouldn't be in our same zip code and it costs us.

ASU and Utah last year and this year.
    UCLA this year. Oregon this year. Colorado this year, Auburn

Keep turning should be blow outs into 4th quarter coin flips and your luck is going to run out.

Bump.
  • Options
    sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    5 Awesomes Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    So you’re saying it’s a combo failure of recruiting And coaching?