Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

FYI on the get together from Thursday night

2»

Comments

• TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813

Crawfish said:

Maybe not lock up the thread next time?

I thought the get together was some kind of exclusive type of deal because the thread was locked. It made it look like it was only for the people in the know.

I assumed people were organizing and confirming they were coming through text messages.

Interesting. No, I did it to keep the usual suspects from shitting all over the thread when I was trying to convey info
    We should send you to the fucking gulag. I was sure that Tommy would get porked at this year’s event
    Tease
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825
    I had a soccer game at 5:50 and then forgot afterwards ... work has been kicking my ass so a lot of details have been falling through the cracks
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,853
    Did I get a shout out
  • MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031

Did both people who showed up have a good time?

were they both dads?
  • BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,346
    I was going but then I realized I had a life.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,448 Founders Club

Most of us are from Auburn thats a hell of a drive.

I remember in 2014 @PurpleJ drove from Tacoma to Edmonds for an August get together at the Taki Tiki. There was a massive wind storm and trees were down everywhere. The power went out while we were there, and they closed early. I think PurpleJ said something like it took him four hours to get home. It took me 90 minutes to get back to Bothell.
  • CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,948 Founders Club

Heavy Drinking on Thursday is against my religion. Fridays and Saturdays are good though

You sound like a fag.
  • backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,839

I’ll be in Seattle in December and I’m planning on organizing a Hardcore Husky Nacho fondue party. Hoping I can entice @Swaye to make the trip out to the west coast for an evening of childlike wonder and stupidity.

At swaye’s favorite the melting pot?
  • PurpleJPurpleJ Member Posts: 36,952 Founders Club

Most of us are from Auburn thats a hell of a drive.

I remember in 2014 @PurpleJ drove from Tacoma to Edmonds for an August get together at the Taki Tiki. There was a massive wind storm and trees were down everywhere. The power went out while we were there, and they closed early. I think PurpleJ said something like it took him four hours to get home. It took me 90 minutes to get back to Bothell.
    It was closer to 3 hours, but that sucked hard. Car was a stick so I had fun in stop and go.
  • DugtheDoogDugtheDoog Member Posts: 3,180

Last year we had 22 people show up for the event. From 2014-2016 we had anywhere from 8-20 people show up for events at the Taki Tiki in Edmonds. This year we had a preposterous two people show up. This shocked me. I was wondering if it was because I had announced that I wasn't able to attend, but I think that's only a small reason. I have asked a handful of people who I thought were coming, and all of them say they forgot.

I pinned the event to the top of the board about six weeks ahead of time. I assumed that was enough of a reminder. But I see now that I should have been reminding/promoting a bit more with new posts. So it was my fault for lack of promotion.

If you want people to attend your event, you need to make YouTube videos promoting it. And make sure everyone knows that all attendees will receive a box.

What's in the box? Make sure to shoot some extra creepy video adding to the mystique of the box. Will make everyone want one. And if you can hire a talent behind the camera, that works the best. Preferably an unshaven, disheveled 5-3 alcoholic with bloodshot eyes.

Hth.

Best. Gif. Ever.