Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

FYI on the get together from Thursday night

DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,448 Founders Club
Last year we had 22 people show up for the event. From 2014-2016 we had anywhere from 8-20 people show up for events at the Taki Tiki in Edmonds. This year we had a preposterous two people show up. This shocked me. I was wondering if it was because I had announced that I wasn't able to attend, but I think that's only a small reason. I have asked a handful of people who I thought were coming, and all of them say they forgot.

I pinned the event to the top of the board about six weeks ahead of time. I assumed that was enough of a reminder. But I see now that I should have been reminding/promoting a bit more with new posts. So it was my fault for lack of promotion.

Comments

• DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,448 Founders Club

Maybe not lock up the thread next time?

That's a good idea
  • PurpleTicklerPurpleTickler Member Posts: 217
    Did both people who showed up have a good time?
  • BearsWiinBearsWiin Member Posts: 5,024

@TommySQC also thinks that the Oregon loss took a lot of wind out of people's sails.

HH is chalk full of frontrunning bandwagon fans
  • CrawfishCrawfish Member Posts: 734
    edited October 2018

I thought the get together was some kind of exclusive type of deal because the thread was locked. It made it look like it was only for the people in the know.

I assumed people were organizing and confirming they were coming through text messages.

• FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    BearsWiin said:

@TommySQC also thinks that the Oregon loss took a lot of wind out of people's sails.

HH is chalk full of frontrunning bandwagon fans
    U call?
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,448 Founders Club
    Crawfish said:

I thought the get together was some kind of exclusive type of deal because the thread was locked. It made it look like it was only for the people in the know.

I assumed people were organizing and confirming they were coming through text messages.

Interesting. No, I did it to keep the usual suspects from shitting all over the thread when I was trying to convey info
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823

Crawfish said:

Interesting. No, I did it to keep the usual suspects from shitting all over the thread when I was trying to convey info
    We should send you to the fucking gulag. I was sure that Tommy would get porked at this year’s event
  • PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,737 Founders Club

Crawfish said:

Interesting. No, I did it to keep @PurpleJ from shitting all over the thread when I was trying to convey info
  • Ice_HolmvikIce_Holmvik Member Posts: 2,911
    Need a Spokane meetup
  • JoeyJoey Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,563 Founders Club
    Heavy Drinking on Thursday is against my religion. Fridays and Saturdays are good though
  • DawgfannDawgfann Member Posts: 11
    PurpleJ said:

Crawfish said:

Interesting. No, I did it to keep @PurpleJ from shitting all over the thread when I was trying to convey info
    I blame @PurpleBaze for driving people away.
    Disagree

• HuskyJWHuskyJW Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,344 Swaye's Wigwam

Last year we had 22 people show up for the event. From 2014-2016 we had anywhere from 8-20 people show up for events at the Taki Tiki in Edmonds. This year we had a preposterous two people show up. This shocked me. I was wondering if it was because I had announced that I wasn't able to attend, but I think that's only a small reason. I have asked a handful of people who I thought were coming, and all of them say they forgot.

I pinned the event to the top of the board about six weeks ahead of time. I assumed that was enough of a reminder. But I see now that I should have been reminding/promoting a bit more with new posts. So it was my fault for lack of promotion.

You have to tell people something 12 times before they hear it.