Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Emeka Egbuka, 2021 5* WR, Steilacoom (Steilacoom HS), WA (Offered 10/20/18)

Comments

• Options
    CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,056
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    This one hurts for real. Cause now JT sure isn't coming. Strike one for lake for this doog.
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,979
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    DawgFader said:

Pac12‘s not invited to the dance, makes sense why legit homegrown talent goes elsewhere. Shit, I’m a homer ass Doog and I’d would leave.

If someone is serious about football I agree. These top level kids that are actually recruited by the blue bloods are going to have a hard time staying unless uw is dominating the conference. I don’t blame them. The pac 12 sucks. Everyone knows it.
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,868
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Beno4Life said:

Some of you need a mental health coach

I am one. This is how I cope with a Trump COVID world. Kill. Me.
    Taking new patients?
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,485
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    chuck said:

My wife told me she would let me do butt stuff to her if Emeka commits to UW. Come on, Emeka, don't let me down!

But will it be bleached?
    That was gonna be act 1. 😢
  • Options
    DawgFaderDawgFader Member Posts: 1,414
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

I’ll say the same as I say for all the highly rated kids that leave the state, I hope they have a good life, I hope they need to use their degrees and take their education seriously, and I hope they never accomplish shit on the football field.

I feel ya but this kids probably gonna dominate.

• Options
    animateanimate Member Posts: 4,231
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    so, I guess it's

ISHI(don't)T?
  • Options
    WillyRBeekWillyRBeek Member Posts: 133
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Obviously I wanted him at UW, and I still wouldn't have been TOO pissed if he chose OU. But Ohio State? Fuck that kid.
  • Options
    DawgFaderDawgFader Member Posts: 1,414
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    We Bob Gregory’s still on the staff.

Jimmy will be gone in 4 years.

Exactly...and Scott Huff will be HC. Jimmy’s not the problem.

• Options
    godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,409
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

I'm honestly surprised by how little losing this kid affected me. In the time since I've been following recruiting, this is probably the 10th or 11th "cant miss, program changer, local kid that we HAVE to get".

Let's see, before Emeka there was Smalls, before Smalls there was Eason, before Eason there was Fozzy, before Fozzy there was Kasen/ASJ, before Kasen/ASJ there was Garnett/Banner. Before Garnett/Banner there was Heaps/Brown, before them there was Jonathon Stewart, and way back there was Reggie.

I'm sure I'm forgetting some in there and there are also guys like Joe Ngata that werent in state but had a connection to the program. We went through this same thing with all those guys.

Emeka and JTT may end up being better than all those guys but I'm more worried about the relative shittiness of the REST of our class than those 2 guys. Not getting a blue chip db, taking another lay-up RB recruit, taking only 2 linemen (one of which is a project), taking 2 guys that are walk-on level, taking an edge rusher who has never played varsity football, taking only 1 ILB that can't keep his grades up or weight down. Those are all way bigger to me than not getting this years "local program changer"

See this above until cows come home.

There are songs written about how bad this class is. You can figure 50% attrition rate for any freshman grop that comes in by time they are seniors (start with 20 ten will be left). Of those 70-80% will be starters. I will go with 80% here b/c of the value Pete and Lake puts on them = 8

This class is going to end with 16 which means 8 will be still be around so his margin for error before they even walk in the door as a group on day 1 is 0.0000000%. Factor in how poor, and how many reaches there appear to be, and Jimmy better hit a grand slam in the next two classes.
  • Options
    Beno4LifeBeno4Life Member Posts: 533
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited December 2020
    Add Myles Jack and DeCastro to that list...and great post.
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,857
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Some of you need a mental health coach

I have one already
    You either need to fire that one or call in a second.
  • Options
    CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,056
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Jeez its my personal 1st strike but I understand if others felt there were others