Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Emeka Egbuka, 2021 5* WR, Steilacoom (Steilacoom HS), WA (Offered 10/20/18)

Comments

• AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,957
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    edited December 2020
    We didn’t lose him because of gee Scott jr or Sr. We lost him and any other in state kid because ya is not good enough at football and our coaches can’t overcome that. NEM.
  • backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,785
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

Some of you need a mental health coach

I have one already
    Well he/she needs to be fired

• dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    dnc said:

Are we're seriously doing "Julien Simon wouldn't announce for USC on Mother's Day" again already??

Like we say, YES
  • Kingdome_UrinalsKingdome_Urinals Member Posts: 2,604
    First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes

Anyone know when JTT’s grandparents’ anniversary is?

Figure out their favorite team, because JTT is NOT going there.
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,480
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

Anyone know when JTT’s grandparents’ anniversary is?

Axxe @CallMeBigErn
  • dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,220
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    Best west coast WR since Reggie Williams
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,800
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    dnc said:

Tequilla said:

Unpopular opinion alert:

Did Pete fuck the pooch on Gee Jr and not fully comprehend how much Gee Sr was going to actively try to fuck the UW program? Yep

Did Jimmy fuck up with his staff hires full of non-recruiters? Absolutely.

But the reality also is that if you are an ELITE player on the West Coast there is a giant perception that you can’t play in the biggest games and for national championships on the West Coast. If you aren’t the SEC, Clemson, or Ohio St good fucking luck. And this isn’t a unique problem to UW ... it’s happening to the entire West Coast footprint.

Until the P12/UW is able to clean up their act and put themselves on far more equal footing this type of shit with ELITE recruits leaving the West Coast is going to continue.

Excuses.

With a staff that can recruit and an offense that is attractive Egbuka is a dawg. Those other things are factors but they were could have been overcome.

Truth is Jimmy lost Egbuka the day he hired John Donovan.
    There’s nothing “excusing” Jimmy here ...

But I think the above dynamic in part is what drove Pete into retirement

Direction of CFB is such that few real difference makers (SEC, Clemson, Ohio St, and maybe ND) ... everybody else is going uphill on an icy road

B12 and P12 need to merge by next TV contract or both will get further marginalized
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,800
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

Tequilla said:

dnc said:

Tequilla said:

Unpopular opinion alert:

Did Pete fuck the pooch on Gee Jr and not fully comprehend how much Gee Sr was going to actively try to fuck the UW program? Yep

Did Jimmy fuck up with his staff hires full of non-recruiters? Absolutely.

But the reality also is that if you are an ELITE player on the West Coast there is a giant perception that you can’t play in the biggest games and for national championships on the West Coast. If you aren’t the SEC, Clemson, or Ohio St good fucking luck. And this isn’t a unique problem to UW ... it’s happening to the entire West Coast footprint.

Until the P12/UW is able to clean up their act and put themselves on far more equal footing this type of shit with ELITE recruits leaving the West Coast is going to continue.

Excuses.

With a staff that can recruit and an offense that is attractive Egbuka is a dawg. Those other things are factors but they were could have been overcome.

Truth is Jimmy lost Egbuka the day he hired John Donovan.
    There’s nothing “excusing” Jimmy here ...

But I think the above dynamic in part is what drove Pete into retirement

Direction of CFB is such that few real difference makers (SEC, Clemson, Ohio St, and maybe ND) ... everybody else is going uphill on an icy road

B12 and P12 need to merge by next TV contract or both will get further marginalized
    Yeah, something big needs to happen. Texas and California in the same footprint can help some of the demographic problems the West region faces.

Getting the OU, UT, USC brands in the same conference, not to mention the midwestern eyeballs on west coast football is essential to raising the media profile.

If Pac teams played OU and UT they would end up winning their fair share and that alone helps perception of football in the West which needs to happen.
    Even more than that it allows schools in both conferences to say that you’re playing against elite talent each week ... you’re going right against the argument the SEC can make.

The combined conference would be at worst the 2nd best conference.

Texas and Oklahoma would also be smart to come to the table because they have fence issues within Texas as it is presently. Those issues are only going to grow with the status quo.
  • dOgmasterdOgmaster Member Posts: 560
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Maybe Sam is not a good recruiter. Maybe all those balls Sam has been throwing ain’t that good. Just reading the tea leaves, don’t twist.
    Jimmy will be gone in 4 years.
    dOgmaster said:

Maybe Sam is not a good recruiter. Maybe all those balls Sam has been throwing ain’t that good. Just reading the tea leaves, don’t twist.

If it’s good enough for Jalen McMillan it’s good enough for me
  • Beno4LifeBeno4Life Member Posts: 533

Some of you need a mental health coach

I am one. This is how I cope with a Trump COVID world. Kill. Me.
  • DawgFaderDawgFader Member Posts: 1,414
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Pac12‘s not invited to the dance, makes sense why legit homegrown talent goes elsewhere. Shit, I’m a homer ass Doog and I’d would leave.