Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Emeka Egbuka, 2021 5* WR, Steilacoom (Steilacoom HS), WA (Offered 10/20/18)

Comments

• Options
    EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,488
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    We’re fucked.
  • Options
    MelloDawgMelloDawg Member Posts: 6,137
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited December 2020
    Tequilla said:

Huffman mentioned tonight he’s keeping his crystal dong on Ohio State and said his confidence in that is currently at “5”.

Huffman is in the know here

A confidence level of 5 isn’t what I’d call strong ... don’t know what it was at prior to the announce date

Reality is anything that Huffman signals takes away from Emeka’s eventual announcement so he’s got to be a bit down the middle on this

If I’m betting I’d say it is Ohio State but who really knows ... he hasn’t given much up the entire time
    Maybe his confidence rating system only goes to 5. Ever think of that? That's what I thought.

Also, that's always the O/U, so he reads this site. O/U = Over/Under = OU = Oklahoma. He's a Sooner.
  • Options
    SourcesSources Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,808
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,502
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    Standard Supporter

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Huffman mentioned tonight he’s keeping his crystal dong on Ohio State and said his confidence in that is currently at “5”.

A confidence level of 5 isn’t what I’d call strong ... don’t know what it was at prior to the announce date

Reality is anything that Huffman signals takes away from Emeka’s eventual announcement so he’s got to be a bit down the middle on this

If I’m betting I’d say it is Ohio State but who really knows ... he hasn’t given much up the entire time
    It’s been at 5 for months.
    That’s good to know ... thank you for your service

Basically Huffman’s current take of Ohio at a 5 means nothing until he moves it
    It means he hasn’t heard anything significant enough to change his pick which is itself significant.

I am sticking with my UW for the grandparents pick though as I am a doog at heart.
    He wants to go somewhere that will play games. If you told me P12 wouldn't play a full schedule in 2021, right now I'd believe it.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

It’s been at 5 for months.
    That’s good to know ... thank you for your service

Basically Huffman’s current take of Ohio at a 5 means nothing until he moves it
    It means he hasn’t heard anything significant enough to change his pick which is itself significant.

I am sticking with my UW for the grandparents pick though as I am a doog at heart.
    He wants to go somewhere that will play games. If you told me P12 would play a full schedule in 2021, right now I wood not believe it.
  • Options
    TheRoarOfTheCrowdTheRoarOfTheCrowd Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,585
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    I'd think he is staying home given that spring practice is up in the air, UW has shown reasonable care and affection for how they are handling protocol for athletes, he is personally connected to the incoming QB that has the rare ability to throw the deep ball, and it's important to be able to be around family during these weird times.
  • Options
    Edwin_BambinoEdwin_Bambino Member Posts: 2,943

I'd think he is staying home given that spring practice is up in the air, UW has shown reasonable care and affection for how they are handling protocol for athletes, he is personally connected to the incoming QB that has the rare ability to throw the deep ball, and it's important to be able to be around family during these weird times.

I wish I could Doog with you on this, but I think he will look at an offense where the top receiver has 9 catches through four games and a team that just lost to a bad Stanford team and say thanks but no thanks, I’m going to a team I know can compete for Nattys and I know can get WRs the ball and unfortunately through 4 games fairly or unfairly that doesn’t look like UW.
    I'd also hope he'd be smart enough to see that the current offense has a lid on it, and that "rare ability to throw the deep ball" coming in would remove that lid. Hopefully, he's also watched closely enough to know that the top receivers would all have 15 catches and multiple TDs if they caught more than they dropped...
    I agree with you, and while I’m not thrilled with 3-1, with a new coach and OC and QB I’m fine with it.

I just think from his perspective it is two relatively known commodities in OSU and Oklahoma and their coaches versus Jimmy L and UW which is more or less an unknown in LIPO mode for better or worse.
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,798
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    He’s not coming here
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,631
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I dont see anything about the UW offense not to like if I'm a top receiver prospect.
    1) staff willing to give reps and looks to young guys, even after costly drops
    2) Other young WR making plenty of costly drops = plenty of opportunity
    3) scheme has plenty of downfield passing but QB and receivers struggling to execute
    4) Incoming QB excels at throwing the deep ball

He's going to tOSU. But still.
  • Options
    hardhathardhat Member Posts: 8,343
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    If there is one positive thing about the horrors of this thread and another 5 star leaving the state and the Pac12, it's that I deciphered another bored acronym:
    ITB= in the bag, instead of something related to Komo4.
  • Options
    Edwin_BambinoEdwin_Bambino Member Posts: 2,943

If we beat Stanford we would all think he’s coming here. I remember when we all did. It was only a week ago.

I was a two week old doog back then. Unfortunately he died.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,631
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

If we beat Stanford we would all think he’s coming here. I remember when we all did. It was only a week ago.

You remember what happened a week ago?