Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Emeka Egbuka, 2021 5* WR, Steilacoom (Steilacoom HS), WA (Offered 10/20/18)

Comments

• Options
    Kingdome_UrinalsKingdome_Urinals Member Posts: 2,606
    First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    Doogles said:

I'm still waiting for the other elite WRs on the roster that were make or break for the program to make an impact, with respect.

Interesting. How much better, if at all, do you think Egbuka will be than Puka, Jalen, Rome, etc....?

Would EE have a greater impact than a John Ross for instance? How do we rate this loss from a purely talent standpoint?
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,623
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

chuck said:

I dont see anything about the UW offense not to like if I'm a top receiver prospect.
    1) staff willing to give reps and looks to young guys, even after costly drops
    2) Other young WR making plenty of costly drops = plenty of opportunity
    3) scheme has plenty of downfield passing but QB and receivers struggling to execute
    4) Incoming QB excels at throwing the deep ball

He's going to tOSU. But still.

running the ball for 2 yards every 1st & 2nd down isn't ideal
    This post reeks of not trusting the process.

First learn walk. Then learn fly. Thsts the process.

Seriously though, I've seen more receivers with more looks, including downfield looks, this year than I have at UW in a long time. Far fewer passes overall but the passing game has involved the depth chart better than it used to and the plays/routes aren't so boring. Most of the difference in total passes is probably due to the lack of bubble screens.
  • Options
    EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,477
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Did we lose yet?
  • Options
    TheRoarOfTheCrowdTheRoarOfTheCrowd Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,576
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    edited December 2020

Doogles said:

I'm still waiting for the other elite WRs on the roster that were make or break for the program to make an impact, with respect.

Interesting. How much better, if at all, Will we be with do you think Egbuka will be than and Puka, Jalen, Rome, etc....?

He is obviously a huge add to a great array of talent, and will get early playing time because of his talent and Sympatico with Sam.

• Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,623
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

chuck said:

chuck said:

I dont see anything about the UW offense not to like if I'm a top receiver prospect.
    1) staff willing to give reps and looks to young guys, even after costly drops
    2) Other young WR making plenty of costly drops = plenty of opportunity
    3) scheme has plenty of downfield passing but QB and receivers struggling to execute
    4) Incoming QB excels at throwing the deep ball

He's going to tOSU. But still.

running the ball for 2 yards every 1st & 2nd down isn't ideal
    This post reeks of not trusting the process.

First learn walk. Then learn fly. Thsts the process.

Seriously though, I've seen more receivers with more looks, including downfield looks, this year than I have at UW in a long time. Far fewer passes overall but the passing game has involved the depth chart better than it used to and the plays/routes aren't so boring. Most of the difference in total passes is probably due to the lack of bubble screens.
    Nah the process is dogshit. We are consistently running the ball in situations we should be passing. When you run the ball on 2nd & 10, or 1st & 20, you are setting yourself up to fail. Good offenses don't play to get a 3rd & 5 every time, they try and score points.

The John Don/Lake offensive philosophy is to play not to lose, and its why we keep falling behind. There's a reason the offense looks better when we are forced to try and score.

The passing scheme is fine, guys are getting open, but the philosophy will always hold us back.
    Sounds like we agree. I was joking about the oroxeas, if that wasn't clear.
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,796
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
  • Options
    Hat on the table!
  • Options
    WillyRBeekWillyRBeek Member Posts: 133
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

At this point I’d settle for Emeka to OU and JT to Alabama just so we don’t have to see this nightmare of a face.

What the hell is that? A rotten bee's nest?
  • Options

I’m sure Gee, I’m sure.
  • Options
    animateanimate Member Posts: 4,231
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    https://www.si.com/college/oklahoma/football/egbuka-to-make-decision-tonight

Commitment Watch: Emeka Egbuka to make his decision tonight at 7 p.m.
    Lincoln Riley, Oklahoma Sooners hope to earn commitment from No. 10 overall prospect in SI All-American's 2021 class rankings

National signing day won't come until next week, but tonight, the Sooners may score a massive victory on the recruiting trail before turning their attention to next Wednesday's fireworks.

Emeka Egbuka, the No. 1 overall wide receiver prospect in the class of 2021, will announce his decision at 7 p.m. CT. The native of Steilacoom, Wash. is set to choose between Ohio State, Oklahoma, and his hometown Washington Huskies.

There's growing optimism that the Sooners could land Egbuka, especially after his visit to Norman last weekend. Oklahoma quarterback commit Caleb Williams, SI All-American's No. 1 overall prospect, spoke very highly of his camaraderie with Egbuka in his weekly blog via SI All-American.

"You don't always find somebody and connect as if you feel you've known him forever," Williams remarked. "I feel like I've known him forever and I feel like I've been throwing with him forever, too. It was awesome. I was super happy he got down here, we got some work in and he could finally see OU."

It's expected that Egbuka will commit to either the Sooners or the Buckeyes, as Washington's presence in his final three appears to be nothing more than a token nod to his roots. The 6-foot-1, 190-pound wideout will step into an extremely favorable situation at either school, as Ohio State and Oklahoma each boast top-10 recruiting classes in 2021. The big fish among the Sooners' pledges is Williams, the reigning Elite11 MVP. However, the Buckeyes also boast a highly touted quarterback commit in Philadelphia product Kyle McCord.

Should the Sooners land both Egbuka and Camar Wheaton in addition to Williams, they'd own three of the top 10 players in SI All-American's 2021 rankings. Wheaton will choose between Oklahoma and Alabama on Dec. 23.

I've already accepted this ... but man, I would shart so bad if he decided at the 11th hour and 59th minute that staying home was his best decision.