Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Chris Steele cancelling his couch purchase

Comments

• Options
    KrunkJuiceKrunkJuice Member Posts: 2,046
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Justin Hopkins response to Jonah Tauanu'u mothers tweet.

• Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,741
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

@creepycoug @DJDuck @lawsandl Decommit U strikes again!

Why tag me? IDGAF. The kid went and then left before he got there.

What? You wouldn't take him? Maybe not because you're stupid. He sticks you keep him. He leaves he leaves. Who cares? They didn't get him to begin with so what does it matter other than it gives you a hard on.

Your real issue is that you know Cristobal can recruit and it's eating you up. Very obvious. You don't hide your shit well.
  • Options
    DJDuckDJDuck Member Posts: 5,970
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

What? You wouldn't take him? Maybe not because you're stupid. He sticks you keep him. He leaves he leaves. Who cares? They didn't get him to begin with so what does it matter other than it gives you a hard on.

Your real issue is that you know Cristobal can recruit and it's eating you up. Very obvious. You don't hide your shit well.
    Bingo! You hit right on the Nose CC

• Options
    BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs
    edited June 2019

He's not a great recruiter. Your last class featured a bunch of 4-stars nobody good wanted and this class is gonna suck because there aren't a whole lot of overrated 4-star guys available for Cristobal to cherry pick.

Positions Oregon will get zero 4-star recruits: RB, TE, OL, D-line, ILB, and probably OLB if/when Navarrette flips again.

And y'all definitely ain't getting any 5-stars this class.

Get a real coach and beat the big boys for recruits like UW is. Stop cherry picking "4-star" kids from across the country with weak committable offer sheets. Stop being a placeholder school for kids as they continue to go through the process as if they're not committed at all and eventually flip. Then I might be worried about Oregon. Otherwise, y'all ain't going anywhere. Especially not after this disappointing season coming up.
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,278
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker

He's not a great recruiter. Your last class featured a bunch of 4-stars nobody good wanted and this class is gonna suck because there aren't a whole lot of overrated 4-star guys available for Cristobal to cherry pick.

Positions Oregon will get zero 4-star recruits: RB, TE, OL, D-line, ILB, and probably OLB if/when Navarrette flips again.

Get a real coach and beat the big boys for recruits like UW is. Stop cherry picking "4-star" kids from across the country with weak committable offer sheets. Stop being a placeholder school for kids as they continue to go through the process as if they're not committed at all and eventually flip. Then I might be worried about Oregon. Otherwise, y'all ain't going anywhere. Especially not after this disappointing season coming up.
    Ahmed > Gaskin
  • Options

Ahmed > Gaskin
    Correct.
  • Options

Uh, sure, ok.

For a guy who's not worried about Oregon, you sure do a lot of typing on their account.
  • Options

Ahmed > Gaskin
    Correct.
    On what possible basis can you make this categorical claim. And you wonder why literally nobody takes you seriously?

Why? Because he's straight-line faster than Gaskin? The game is full of fast dudes ... many much faster than the terrorist. So what?

Sure he might blow up this year. Who knows? But thus far he's shown (1) to have no vision, (2) to have no toughness and (3) to be an easy tackle. None of these things could be said of Gaskin. You're sitting here saying that this guy, who has done nothing, is better than a four-time 1,000 yard rusher. Let me say this again: FOUR TIME ONE THOUSAND YARD RUSHER.

If Ahmed were a Duck you'd be laughing your ass off right now.
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,278
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited June 2019

Ahmed > Gaskin
    Correct.
    On what possible basis can you make this categorical claim. And you wonder why literally nobody takes you seriously?

Why? Because he's straight-line faster than Gaskin? The game is full of fast dudes ... many much faster than the terrorist. So what?

Sure he might blow up this year. Who knows? But thus far he's shown (1) to have no vision, (2) to have no toughness and (3) to be an easy tackle. None of these things could be said of Gaskin. You're sitting here saying that this guy, who has done nothing, is better than a four-time 1,000 yard rusher. Let me say this again: FOUR TIME ONE THOUSAND YARD RUSHER.

Simple answer:

Ballz is the very definition of a fan. He’s blinded by the purple shade from his sunglasses. He doesn’t realize there is actually a world of college football outside of Seattle.

The worst part of Ballz is that he’ll never give you the satisfaction of putting him in his place. That’s because when things go wrong or he gets painted into a corner, he takes a remote vacation to Hawaii with no WiFi, until it’s safe for him to return.
  • Options

Ahmed > Gaskin
    Correct.

Simple answer:

Ballz is the very definition of a fan. He’s blinded by the purple shade from his sunglasses. He doesn’t realize there is actually a world of college football outside of Seattle.

The worst part of Ballz is that he’ll never give you the satisfaction of putting him in his place. That’s because when things go wrong or he gets painted into a corner, he takes a remote vacation to Hawaii with no WiFi, until it’s safe for him to return.
    He just prefers to unplug from technology.

The real explanation is stupidity. Only stupid people, double and triple down on stupid. See Sledog.
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,707
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

Don't forget the 5-star that nobody wanted but that should have been a 4-star.
  • Options

Uh, sure, ok.

For a guy who's not worried about Oregon, you sure do a lot of typing on their account.
    I like to talk shit. I'm black. Shooting the shit is what we do.
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,206
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Ahmed > Gaskin
    Correct.

Ahmed, if he stays healthy*, has a high probability of doing good if nothing else than the fact that he's not going to face a lot of stacked boxes. This is not the hill to prove strongarm's dooginess on.
  • Options
    edited June 2019

Ahmed > Gaskin
    Correct.

I already said why. He's far more talented than Gaskin and UW's coaching staff is really good at coaching players up. Ahmed has already proven that he has a higher upside than Gaskin with the explosive plays he's already made with limited touches. Now, he just needs more carries to become more consistent and showcase his ability. Everything you mentioned he has already improved on greatly. He's very coachable and a hard worker because he's our kinda guy. Ahmed will be a breakout star rather easily.
  • Options
    edited June 2019

Don't forget the 5-star that nobody wanted but that should have been a 4-star.
    I never said they didn't get a couple legit players last class. They got 5 or 6 legit 4-star kids. The rest were overrated. That ain't enough be considered a great class and damn sure wasn't a legit top-10 class.
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    DJDuck said:

DJDuck said:

Pretty weak😎

Maybe we can decommit our way to another Top Ten recruiting class.
    😂😂😂
    Your last recruiting class was a joke it's so overrated.

This one won't crack the top-20. Gotta find those hidden gems!

I gotta give some props to you guys though your 2020 class is ranked 4th in the Pac12 and 44th nationally. It’s far from over but I suggest you guys have some distance to make up.
    You sound like you're really dialed in on our recruiting class. Why don't you hang around the TBS board for awhile?
  • Options
    So SAC is down in my notebook for...............”Positions Oregon will get zero 4-star recruits: RB, TE, OL, D-line, ILB, and probably OLB if/when Navarrette flips again.”
  • Options
    You very well be right about some of these positions but the Ducks like some 3stars that they are hot on. One is RB Trey Benson 6’0” 210 4.49 40. We will have a 4 Star in at least one LB spot with Sewell. There are at least two JC’s that Oregon is looking at that won’t count.

Oregon will have a good recruiting class. I am not worried.
  • Options

Ahmed > Gaskin
    Correct.

Ahmed, if he stays healthy*, has a high probability of doing good if nothing else than the fact that he's not going to face a lot of stacked boxes. This is not the hill to prove strongarm's dooginess on.
    "Doing good" and being better than a 4X 1,000 yard rusher are two different things. Busting a big run and being a balls-to-the-wall every down back who could put the offense on his shoulders and, most importantly, deliver in the clutch are also two different things.

Look, technically he's already not as good because he'll never deliver 4 1,000 yard seasons. That's a little sneaky and clever, but also true.

Also, and this is a big one, nobody here has any fucking idea if he's going to develop the ability to run in between the tackles. That shows up or it doesn't, and coaches don't develop that. For RBs, coaches develop fundamentals like carrying the ball correctly and pass blocking technique.

The things that made Myles Gaskin MMFG cannot be coached. Period. End of story. Running backs show up who they are. OKG shit doesn't matter here. At. Fucking. All.

I will believe the terrorist replaces Myles when I see it. And no: an occasional 45 yd. burst won't do it.

The kid is injury prone, avoids contact like a pussy, and hasn't shown himself to have great vision. I can tackle him by yelling at him.

Not Myles Gaskin.
  • Options
    edited June 2019

Ahmed > Gaskin
    Correct.

"Doing good" and being better than a 4X 1,000 yard rusher are two different things. Busting a big run and being a balls-to-the-wall every down back who could put the offense on his shoulders and, most importantly, deliver in the clutch are also two different things.

Look, technically he's already not as good because he'll never deliver 4 1,000 yard seasons. That's a little sneaky and clever, but also true.

Also, and this is a big one, nobody here has any fucking idea if he's going to develop the ability to run in between the tackles. That shows up or it doesn't, and coaches don't develop that. For RBs, coaches develop fundamentals like carrying the ball correctly and pass blocking technique.

The things that made Myles Gaskin MMFG cannot be coached. Period. End of story. Running backs show up who they are. OKG shit doesn't matter here. At. Fucking. All.

I will believe the terrorist replaces Myles when I see it. And no: an occasional 45 yd. burst won't do it.

The kid is injury prone, avoids contact like a pussy, and hasn't shown himself to have great vision. I can tackle him by yelling at him.

Not Myles Gaskin.
    Get off his fucking dick. Gaskin was a good back for us but he got drafted in the 7th round for a reason. He's not irreplaceable by any means.

Ahmed can run between the tackles. We've seen it. He just needs to be more consistent at it and that will come with more carries.

You don't want Gaskin to be replaced by someone better because you're a fucking quook. Whether it's this season or the 2020 season, Ahmed will run for more yards in a single season or for more yards per carry than Gaskin ever did at UW. That qualifies as being better than him.