Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

BBK reportedly named to a Mid-Season All-America Team

2»

Comments

• Neighbor2972Neighbor2972 Member Posts: 4,308

I'll say this...BBK is playing better than I expected, and has been fine (I know, I know...) But having a million tackles as a MLB is not indicative of shit. See Dennison, Cort.

I'd like to see him create some havoc for offenses but I don't think that's his game.

He's forced 3 fumbles and I feel like there was a 4th that was called back.
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,502 Swaye's Wigwam

I'll say this...BBK is playing better than I expected, and has been fine (I know, I know...) But having a million tackles as a MLB is not indicative of shit. See Dennison, Cort.

I'd like to see him create some havoc for offenses but I don't think that's his game.

This.

BBK is the best defensive player in the conference. If he weighed 20 more pounds he would be the best in the nation
  • digitsdigits Member Posts: 1,470

He also deflected one of Herbert's passes @ the line of scrimmage that Rapp should've intercepted.
  • TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,891 Standard Supporter
    BBK is good this year, playing as best he can. But there are obvious limits to his abilities in certain areas of standard linebacking. Like shedding blockers, like breaking through on a blitz. If he had a partner on every play, like Hoffman had Clifford, they could compensate for each others deficiencies. But our LBs haven't played that way since Pete & Kwat arrived.
  • CrawfishCrawfish Member Posts: 734
    BBK will be drafted in the 4th round or better. He's one of the best linebackers in the country.
    Crawfish said:

BBK will be drafted in the 4th round or better. He's one of the best linebackers in the country.

He's a great athlete. But that's serious doog territory you're in.
  • CrawfishCrawfish Member Posts: 734

Crawfish said:

Fine, he's one of the best senior linebackers in the country. Satisfied?
    Crawfish said:

Crawfish said:

I'm sensing some serious newness on your part. Don't get offended, but I don't play the "he's either great or he sucks" game, because I can walk and chew gum at the same time. Welcome to nuance. He's great in some respects, but lacking in others. He makes a lot of tackles, for example, which is good. But he frequently gets carried 5 to 7 yards downfield as he makes that tackle, which isn't good, but may be the best he can do because of his size, weight, strength and technique.

The overall point is to build a team of players that can match up and stomp the fuck out of every other team in the conference and nation when the opportunity presents itself. UW has lost games where BBK was completely neutralized in a way that other LBs would not be. ASU and Stanford in 2017. Similarly, UW has lost games where Jake shit himself to the point of paralysis, and we've lost games where kickers haven't made very make-able kicks.

Returning to the point, right now UW has a lighter than normal linebacker in BBK, which helps him be faster and cover more field, but denies him the strength, size and force to pin opposing RBs in the backfield, shed blocks and drive opposing RBs backward instead of getting dragged 5 to 7 yards downfield. If you think he's one of the best Senior LBs in the country, suit yourself. You're entitled to your opinion. IMO, as much as BBK contributes, our linebacking corps is not the strength of our defense, as it has been throughout Husky football history. That's not BBK's fault, that's failed recruiting. Call him whatever you want. I really don't care. But the awards and notoriety BBK is getting right now is from people who mostly read stats and can't STFU and watch the games.
  • ApostleofGriefApostleofGrief Member Posts: 3,904
    He's got a high revving motor, a lunch pail guy, the kind of guy you want your daughter to date, a film room guy, very cerebral player.
  • KrunkJuiceKrunkJuice Member Posts: 2,053
    Crawfish said:

No chance BBK gets drafted. I am not sure he is good enough for the XFL.
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,486 Standard Supporter

Crawfish said:

Crawfish said:

I'm sensing some serious newness on your part.
    @CollegeDoog been here a long tim.
  • animateanimate Member Posts: 4,236
    Crawfish said:

Love your enthusiasm ... but you're doogish nuts.

If BBK gets dragged for big yards in college how do you think he'll do in the pros?

I see CFL ...
  • NorwegianHuskyNorwegianHusky Member Posts: 3,423

Crawfish said:

No chance BBK gets drafted. I am not sure he is good enough for the XFL.
    He might not be that good, but he absolutely gets drafted late based on his production and sheer whiteness alone.
  • MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    BBK needs to enlista and get killed during an Afghan deployment before we can martyr him.
  • Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754

BBK is good this year, playing as best he can. But there are obvious limits to his abilities in certain areas of standard linebacking. Like shedding blockers, like breaking through on a blitz. If he had a partner on every play, like Hoffman had Clifford, they could compensate for each others deficiencies. But our LBs haven't played that way since Pete & Kwat arrived.

This is all that needs to be said.

BBK can't physically do it at the level necessary to be an All American and the fact we have no one else makes it even tougher. However, he has gotten a lot better and plays like a little fucking beast.

But lol - he's not the best defensive player in the conference you moron. That's Taylor Rapp.

This is all that needs to be said.

BBK can't physically do it at the level necessary to be an All American and the fact we have no one else makes it even tougher. However, he has gotten a lot better and plays like a little fucking beast.

But lol - he's not the best defensive player in the conference you moron. That's Taylor Rapp.
    Not sure who said he was best in conference, nor whom you're calling a moron, but I'll go ahead and take it.

I am a moron, because I'm here, doing this.
  • TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,797
    In related news, Ty Willingham is on the playoff committee.