Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

BBK reportedly named to a Mid-Season All-America Team

TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,891 Standard Supporter
In related news Grandpa Sankey appointed to selection committee for Mid-Season All-Americans.

Comments

• JaWarrenJaHookerJaWarrenJaHooker Member Posts: 2,030
    Cort Dennison led the pac 12 in tackles
  • Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246

There is no God.
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    Mosster47 said:

There is no God.
    Allah*
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,993 Founders Club
    Mosster47 said:

There is no God.
    Agree. HH is not for sermon seekers.
  • HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186

Mosster47 said:

There is no God.
    DISAGREE
  • Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,169

Mosster47 said:

There is no God.
    DISAGREE
    I believe pulpy already passed down your personal ruling on this.
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,993 Founders Club

Mosster47 said:

There is no God.
    DISAGREE
    I just changed my mind now that our chins are back. Please send me a KJV in the mail.

Mosster47 said:

There is no God.
    DISAGREE
    I just changed my mind now that our chins are back. Please send me a KJV in the mail.
    Tupacalypse Now!
  • huskyhooliganhuskyhooligan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,339 Swaye's Wigwam
    Good for BBK. He has been consistent at getting to the ball carrier and getting the ball carrier down in some fashion. ... I still think he lacks the speed and strength for the position but knowing my luck, he'll probably have a long career in the NFL making millions, proving me wrong, and I'll shoot myself knowing this while I slave away working with the dregs of society. I was just about to compare him to Luke Kuechly, because white, but then see Kuechly is 6'3, not 6'0.
  • TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,891 Standard Supporter
    He's always in position. He just overruns and tackles too high, piggyback style, resulting in 6 yard gains instead of 2.
    edited October 2018
    "Break-down and contain" are not in his lexicon.

Good for BBK. He has been consistent at getting to the ball carrier and getting the ball carrier down in some fashion. ... I still think he lacks the speed and strength for the position but knowing my luck, he'll probably have a long career in the NFL making millions, proving me wrong, and I'll shoot myself knowing this while I slave away working with the dregs of society. I was just about to compare him to Luke Kuechly, because white, but then see Kuechly is 6'3, not 6'0.

I don’t get people questions his speed, he’s got great range.

Definitely agree he doesn’t have the strength for the position at the next level. It’s a weakness at this one.

Definitely agree he doesn’t have the strength for the position at the next level. It’s a weakness at this one.
    See above. He's got great speed, but it's arguably overused, making him vulnerable to routine and simple blocks, or getting juked as he overruns the play. Not as bad as Psalm, but reminiscent of him at times. Taking on a block and plugging a gap doesn't happen with BBK.
    What's more is the fact that opposing teams all know how to take advantage of, or neutralize BBK, because he doesn't possess the size and strength to shed blocks, so he has to run around them. He is what he is.

See above. He's got great speed, but it's arguably overused, making him vulnerable to routine and simple blocks, or getting juked as he overruns the play. Not as bad as Psalm, but reminiscent of him at times. Taking on a block and plugging a gap doesn't happen with BBK.
    I don’t get the Psalm comps at all. Psalm would get juked out of his shoes. BBK is always in the right spot and always makes the tackle. He just too often goes for a ride before he does.

I’ve never seen him do anything that reminded me of Psalm.
    edited October 2018

I don’t get the Psalm comps at all. Psalm would get juked out of his shoes. BBK is always in the right spot and always makes the tackle. He just too often goes for a ride before he does.

Psalm took terrible angles right from the snap and over-shot potential tackles constantly.

BBK gets pushed outside and off his line frequently - although much less this year than last - by using his speed to try and circle around the blockers to get to the RB. He frequently gets a hand on the RB, but has to ride him for 6 yards to wrap up and tackle him, usually high on his body.

BBK plays hard and affects the game, so he's doing his part the best he can. But the tackling stats are misleading as to his effectiveness in actually defending and stopping opposing RBs. He slows them down but never plugs a hole or busts through the DL like Rapp can do.

Bottom line is this: BBK is a linebacker who can't blitz. And despite his maximum effort, UW pays a price for it. Like UW did with Psalm, a lot.
  • BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,346

• justthrowitinthebagjustthrowitinthebag Member Posts: 150
    I'll say this...BBK is playing better than I expected, and has been fine (I know, I know...) But having a million tackles as a MLB is not indicative of shit. See Dennison, Cort.

I'd like to see him create some havoc for offenses but I don't think that's his game.
  • whuggywhuggy Member Posts: 2,088
    Probably gonna make a damn good living playing special teams in the NFL. Bigger version of Steve Tasker.
  • animateanimate Member Posts: 4,236

He's always in position. He just overruns and tackles too high, piggyback style, resulting in 6 yard gains instead of 2.

BBK is a "good" player because

- he's the best that we have right now for the position
    - he plays the system well and the coaches know lesser of two evils. They would rather have someone predictable and able to gameplan rather than someone unreliable but makes the occasional spectacular tackle or play.
    - he makes contact and tackles but he doesn't have anywhere ideal size and influence to make the tackle/player go backwards thus the need for gangtackling.

If BBK had the size and weight he'd be luke Kuechly or rueben foster if he was black and had bad tattoos.