Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Medical retirements increase size of recruiting class?

2»

Comments

• Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,581
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    edited October 2018

PhDoog said:

No, Pete will give scholarships to try hard walk ons, and they will be our starting LB corp for the next 3 years. HTH.

I know your joking but I don't think you are wrong. Jeff is basically bigger faster stronger blacker BBK. Probably would have a bunch of offers if he wasn't from alaska and his name wasn't Jeff.
    who?
    Edefuan "Jeff" Ulofoshio. He's not faster than BBK and barely any bigger, but he's really nice for a walk-on. BBK would also be a really nice walk-on, but unfortunately he's a starter for us.

Also, Jeff went to Bishop Gorman, so saying he didn't get offers because he's from Alaska is wildly misleading. Also his name isn't Jeff it's Edefuan.

BBK is getting first team mid season AA honors from everyone.

He isnt a thumper but he is a great player

Try being right once in a while
  • Options
    animateanimate Member Posts: 4,231
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

PhDoog said:

No, Pete will give scholarships to try hard walk ons, and they will be our starting LB corp for the next 3 years. HTH.

I know your joking but I don't think you are wrong. Jeff is basically bigger faster stronger blacker BBK. Probably would have a bunch of offers if he wasn't from alaska and his name wasn't Jeff.
    who?
    Edefuan "Jeff" Ulofoshio. He's not faster than BBK and barely any bigger, but he's really nice for a walk-on. BBK would also be a really nice walk-on, but unfortunately he's a starter for us.

Also, Jeff went to Bishop Gorman, so saying he didn't get offers because he's from Alaska is wildly misleading. Also his name isn't Jeff it's Edefuan.

Is that like being "actor of the year" based on box office dollars?
  • Options
    NorwegianHuskyNorwegianHusky Member Posts: 3,422
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

PhDoog said:

who?

Try straddling a steam pipe until you can't reproduce. Thanks.
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,259
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

I recall hearing CP say the program "honors" the scholarships of medical retirees. So do med. retirements really open up a scholyt if the retiree is still enrolled in school? Or do the scholarships for med retirees come from a different scholarship pool?

PAC-12 made some rule that made school honor medical retirement, without hitting the scholarship limit. Where the money comes from, no fucking idea
    Its an NCAA rule that medical exemptions aren't "counters" towards the scholarship limits.

The Pac 12 may have mandated that schools cover these scholarships but I've never heard of a school that doesn't pay for scholarships under the medical exemption rule.

Its a big tool for the Sabans of the world. You can push dead wood out and they still get the educstion benefits.
    I'd say if anything this levels the playing field for us? Against the saban's of the world. Those guys were getting forced out anyways before at those programs. Now at least we? aren't handicapped by honoring medical retirees schollies.
  • Options
    animateanimate Member Posts: 4,231
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Not sure where Petersen stands on these big Boy tactics ... but if you ain't cheating you ain't trying as they say.

As for Petersen its about cheating the right way that i hooe he gets better at as it seems we can't compete on the coffee cup circuit.

Development, okg and education instead of jobs and cars and a cup full of Cash.
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,712
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

I recall hearing CP say the program "honors" the scholarships of medical retirees. So do med. retirements really open up a scholyt if the retiree is still enrolled in school? Or do the scholarships for med retirees come from a different scholarship pool?

PAC-12 made some rule that made school honor medical retirement, without hitting the scholarship limit. Where the money comes from, no fucking idea
    Its an NCAA rule that medical exemptions aren't "counters" towards the scholarship limits.

The Pac 12 may have mandated that schools cover these scholarships but I've never heard of a school that doesn't pay for scholarships under the medical exemption rule.

Its a big tool for the Sabans of the world. You can push dead wood out and they still get the educstion benefits.
    I'd say if anything this levels the playing field for us? Against the saban's of the world. Those guys were getting forced out anyways before at those programs. Now at least we? aren't handicapped by honoring medical retirees schollies.
    I dont know what you are referring to about leveling the playing field. Medical exemptions have existed for as long as I've been watching college football.