Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

ASU-UCLA Game Thread?

I love watching both these teams. Myles Jack in incredible. He just trucked a dude and had a 30 yard run. At a minimum, this guy will be a finalist for the Heisman in the next two years. ASU is legit though, and I think they win this game. UCLA's defense will get shredded by them.

Comments

• RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    edited November 2013
    I agree AZDuck. The more I watch, the more I think he is potentially a great coach. I love Mora too, and it's tough to argue with how Mora is recruiting, but as far as x's and o's, on field coaching, I think Graham is better. His commitment to fast, physical, disciplined football really gets my dick hard.
  • GladstoneGladstone Member Posts: 16,419
    "Miles Jack tackled by Chris Young"

sigh
  • dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    hundley has all the tools, why isn't he better?
    dhdawg said:

Not sure, but because their OL is not great, they are similar to UW. Hundley tears it up against the shitty teams, but when they face good teams he struggles, just like UW. I think the OL has a lot to do with it.

• CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,499
    I want to know what that asshole Race Bannon has to say now!
  • ApostleofGriefApostleofGrief Member Posts: 3,904
    I wonder how many of these Mora motherfuckers are going to jump ship after this loss
    edited November 2013

For being a defensive minded coach Mora's defense fucking blows.

Been saying that all year. I want him because of his recruiting, the passion he would bring, and the toughness. If he was our coach, I would want him to just be the head coach. Even in the NFL, his defenses were for the most part below average. Leave the defense to someone with a better track record.

• TheKobeStopperTheKobeStopper Member Posts: 5,959

dhdawg said:

Not sure, but because their OL is not great, they are similar to UW. Hundley tears it up against the shitty teams, but when they face good teams he struggles, just like UW. I think the OL has a lot to do with it.

Eh, he misses some really easy throws even when he has time. He actually is starting to remind me of Locker. Everything looks great but it never really materializes.

Mora's defense is like watching the UW basketball defense right now.

Is Chris Massey playing in UCLA's secondary? That was really fucking bad. Get out the plungers. UCLA is not stopping ASU.

• topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838

Mora's defense is like watching the UW basketball defense right now.

The fuck is basketball?
    edited November 2013
    Starting to waver on Mora a bit. He has wasn't exactly left with a bare cupboard either like Sark. Next year will be very telling for him, 11 wins minimum.

If we are going to give Sark shit about getting plungered by ASU then we need to be consistent with Mora getting Plungered at HOME to ASU.

Their defense is really really fucking awful even with 2 top 10 linebackers and some pretty good talent.
  • topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838

Starting to waver on Mora a bit. He has wasn't exactly left with a bare cupboard either like Sark. Next year will be very telling for him, 10 wins minimum.

If we are going to give Sark shit about getting plungered by ASU then we need to be consistent with Mora getting Plungered at HOME to ASU.

Their defense is really really fucking awful even with 2 top 10 linebackers and some pretty good talent.

Year one has to be better than the guy you replaced ... check.

Year two has to be better than year one ... check.

Year three, break out year ... or door. ass. out.
    If it was feasible, I would love to hire Mora and retain Wilcox. Let Mora bring the toughness Sark lacks. I think Wilcox can become a great DC with the right head coach. The reason I am not sold on Mora is he is about as good at coaching defense as Sark is at coaching offense.
    edited November 2013

If it was feasible, I would love to hire Mora and retain Wilcox. Let Mora bring the toughness Sark lacks. I think Wilcox can become a great DC with the right head coach. The reason I am not sold on Mora is he is about as good at coaching defense as Sark is at coaching offense.

UW could do a lot better than Mora. Recruiting linemen and defensive players is great and all but no fucking point is it doesn't translate onto the field.

Mora just let ASU score a touchdown with like 40 seconds left in the half with only 1 timeout. Christ!
  • TheKobeStopperTheKobeStopper Member Posts: 5,959

Starting to waver on Mora a bit. He has wasn't exactly left with a bare cupboard either like Sark. Next year will be very telling for him, 11 wins minimum.

Sark is in year 5. Mora has a lot left to prove but let's not pretend for one second that their current situations are comparable. Sark built it, Mora is building.

Next year is the big year for Mora.
    edited November 2013

UW could do a lot better than Mora. Recruiting linemen and defensive players is great and all but no fucking point is it doesn't translate onto the field.
    I'm not as down as Mora as you, and I think he could be a great coach. He needs to give up his defensive scheme though. There is more than enough proof that this guy sucks as a DC. I know some position coach from the NFL is their DC, but we all know Mora is in charge of that defense. If Mora insisted on his schemes and coaches form UCLA to come with him, I would agree with you about hiring someone else. If I were AD, I would insist on hiring a good DC with proven results.