Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Pass Rush Stats

RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
edited October 2018 in Hardcore Husky Board
We all knew it was bad, but the numbers were still shocking.

Gaines has one sack. Ryan Bowman has one. Everyone else has Zero.

Jaylen Johnson has no TFL, no sacks, and no QB hurry.

Levi has one TFL, no sacks, and one QB hurry.

Potoa'e doesn't even have a QB hurry all year. We all know he doesn't have a sack. I know we have little else, but why do we even play him on third down? I actually saw him run in from the sidelines on a couple third and longs yesterday.

Ryan Bowman hadn't played too much until yesterday, but has the same pass rushing stats as Potoa'e.

Ngata has two QB hurries and nothing else.

Amandre Williams has no pass rush stats.

I'm happy they gave Tryon a little burn yesterday. He didn't do anything, but if others guys aren't getting it done, new guys need chances.

We haven't gotten many turnovers this year. We get no pressure. QB's make mistakes when pressured. Lack of forced turnovers and sacks are really killing us this year.

https://gohuskies.com/documents/2018/9/1/18_UW_FB_STATS.pdf?path=football
Tagged:

Comments

• Wombat_GuernicaWombat_Guernica Member Posts: 126
    This is what will tell the tale versus Stanford and WSU....

.... I know.... its hard

• PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
    edited October 2018
    The Formula...err I mean The Dream: Push up the Middle and Heat from the Edge

So now Malloe is a good recruiter and a shitty position coach? Complete 180?
  • BlastDoorBlastDoor Member Posts: 711
    Ngata and Ryan Bowman should be the edge duo every single long third down. Maybe give Tryon some plays.
  • Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,168

Remember the joke about replacing Feeney and Littleton? It's three years later and we still haven't.

Kikaha. But yeah since then we've gone from hitting singles and doubles to striking out at edge rushers
  • BlastDoorBlastDoor Member Posts: 711
    edited October 2018
    Mad_Son said:

Remember the joke about replacing Feeney and Littleton? It's three years later and we still haven't.

Kikaha. But yeah since then we've gone from hitting singles and doubles to striking out at edge rushers
    Pretty sure Kikaha was before Feeney and Littleton.
  • Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,168
    BlastDoor said:

Mad_Son said:

Pretty sure Kikaha was before Feeney and Littleton.
    Fuck you're right
  • Neighbor2972Neighbor2972 Member Posts: 4,308
    Passion said:

I think Vita spoiled our pass rush expectations from D tackles, they aren't supposed to be beating double teams. And Vita made everyone else better by taking the attention away. If we had one reliable edge rusher Gaines/Levi/String would have a much easier time
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781
    Still better than talalia critcherington.
  • godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,450 Founders Club
    Gaines has one sack. Ryan Bowman has one. Everyone else has Zero.

Jaylen Johnson has no TFL, no sacks, and no QB hurry.

Levi has one TFL, no sacks, and one QB hurry.

Gaines sack was week one at Auburn.

Just by stupid luck, or someone falling down you'd think Jaylen or Levi would have a sack or at least more than one TFL.

Those stats alone, coupled with 50% 3rd down conversion rates against us would make you think UW should be a 3 or even 4 loss team thru 7 games. Thank god for North Dakota and BYU
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    We made our DL loose weight in the offseason in order to improve the pass rush. That shit back fired caz we have no pass rush and and run d is horrible
  • GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,163

Passion said:

I think Vita spoiled our pass rush expectations from D tackles, they aren't supposed to be beating double teams. And Vita made everyone else better by taking the attention away. If we had one reliable edge rusher Gaines/Levi/String would have a much easier time
    Not having a legendary nose tackle is a shit excuse for the rest of the DL combining for one sack all season. This is not a coincidence, and it’s not on any one player. Our coaches cannot recruit rushers, and they sure as fuck can’t teach technique either. I don’t know what Malloe and Gregory are doing during practice, but whatever it is it’s a pathetic waste of time. I can’t even remember the last time I saw one of our useless D linemen try to throw a fucking swim move, let alone a spin. We have the athletes to manhandle every OL in this shitstain of a conference, but somehow our defensive coaches continue to find ways to regress.
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,506 Swaye's Wigwam

Someone got a sack on Saturday but then got kicked out for targeting

The wefs scwewed us on that pway imo
  • BeerThirtyBeerThirty Member Posts: 2,465
    I'm tired of hearing about how good Johnson is. He hasn't done shit for two years.
    Yes, I know they're young. Yes, I know there is time.

But if Ariel Ngata and Amandre Williams were worth a shit, they would've at least shown some flashes by now.
  • JoeyJoey Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,551 Founders Club

Still better than talalia critcherington.

Did he even have a tackle in 4 years?
  • HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    Passion said:

But if Ariel Ngata and Amandre Williams were worth a shit, they would've at least shown some flashes by now.

Ngata has shown flashes IMO
  • HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186

Someone got a sack on Saturday but then got kicked out for targeting

String

Passion said:

Ngata has shown flashes IMO
    Define "flashes." Look at lead post on this thread - Ngata has 2 QB "hurries" the entire season...and that's it.

You might want to raise the bar a little on what you consider a "flash."