Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

you know...

2»

Comments

• haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,506 Swaye's Wigwam
    Mosster47 said:

PurpleJ said:

I'm past the happy to be there phase. Fuck that. Win or GTFO.

Don't be content. None of us should be. But to got from Sark to playing for a NT is probably like a 6- 7 year time frame than 3- 5. Exhibit A: Dabo.
    You didn't play for a National Title.
    quooks hate facts, as always
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,944

There are a lot of good points in this thread, but I think we have a lot more talent than many believe.

Defensive scheme needs to be tweaked. I know we don't want to give up big plays, but you can't play nickel every down unless you have elite DL.

I could be wrong but the scheme seems more conservative than ever.

The 1-2 yard runs we gave up when we had Vea and depth are now 4-5 yard runs.

I used to expect to get stops on 4th and one. I know they are getting it every time now.

I don't care how good a secondary is, you're going to get beat sometimes if you don't get any pressure.

We got no pressure on Herbert at all until the end of the game. That's not a new issue either.

Potoa'e is basically a better coached Everette Thompson. Has he pressured a QB all year?

Ryan Bowman has done nothing this year. He tries to spin inside 90% of the time when rushing the passer.

Ngata has done very little since exciting us early in the season.

I saw #9 (Tryon) out there a little bit.

Offense has been talked about ad nauseam. It is what it is.

This. Made this point yesterday. The coolest thing about Washington's D is their D backfield, which is probably the best in the conference. But I've rooted for teams with great D backfields and pedestrian front 7s in the past and this is how they play. If they have an offense that scores a lot, they'll win a lot of games but eventually will lose shootout.

The game is still won and lost on the LOS. With as much change in the game over the last 20 years, that fact has not budged an inch.

Witness King Sabans comment to Cristoballz with his recruiting directive: "know why they have weight divisions in boxing? so the big guys don't annihilate the little guys." So, go get me big guys who can play.

The track meet approach is fun, but the best football teams are physical and control the LOS. Water is wet. Heat is hot.
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,940 Founders Club
    Mosster47 said:

PurpleJ said:

Don't be content. None of us should be. But to got from Sark to playing for a NT is probably like a 6- 7 year time frame than 3- 5. Exhibit A: Dabo.
    That's not what I said. Dabo took 7.5 years to reach the NT game. Pete is in year 5. He got us to the quarter finals year 3. It's not unreasonable to think we could make it to the finals in year 7 or 8- i.e. the Dabo timeline. LIPO.
  • ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,569

Mosster47 said:

PurpleJ said:

That's not what I said. Dabo took 7.5 years to reach the NT game. Pete is in year 5. He got us to the quarter finals year 3. It's not unreasonable to think we could make it to the finals in year 7 or 8- i.e. the Dabo timeline. LIPO.
    Is Pete going to hire a couple of heavy hitter recruiters/start recruiting guys other than try-hard whites? If not, yes, it's unreasonable.