Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

you know...

PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,461 Swaye's Wigwam
Im kinda having some persepctive this morning. This is definitely a top 20 program, but it is not top 5 and no metric really proves that except for a fluke playoff appearance in 2016.

Pete has done a lot with some decent recruiting classes. If we keep the momentum going maybe we can get to national contender status.

Still no excuse for losing that game, but at least games mean something now

Comments

• PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,461 Swaye's Wigwam
    edited October 2018

Im kinda having some persepctive this morning. This is definitely a top 20 program, but it is not top 5 and no metric really proves that except for a fluke playoff appearance in 2016.

Pete has done a lot with some decent recruiting classes. If we keep the momentum going maybe we can get to national contender status.

Glad you took a walk on the beach with one of your dads. But the rest of us outside of the Doog territories knew it wasn't top five. Top 10 would have been ambitious, but reasonable. Christ.
    I definitely thought this team had top 5 potential before the season started. Returning everyone, chance for statement SEC win, etc.

Experience doesn't really help our players. They peaked 2 years ago. Even Rapp seemed better.
  • dongmandongman Member Posts: 2,384
    I’m not sure what more you can reasonably expect talent wise on defense. The secondary is near NFL level, dline is top of pac12 quality. Linebackers are average. Great RBs, pretty good WRs and 4th year QB with a good Oline on paper. This is the type of team that should be winning all the games.

It’s not so much talent but execution at this point. Even with all the mistakes, of the huskies had a qb like Herbert, maybe Tate, Minshew etc would have won that game. It’s too bad Pete sees being loyal as more important then winning. It’s the same failure Leach had with Falk.
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,944

Glad you took a walk on the beach with one of your dads. But the rest of us outside of the Doog territories knew it wasn't top five. Top 10 would have been ambitious, but reasonable. Christ.
    I definitely thought this team had top 5 potential before the season started. Returning everyone, chance for statement SEC win, etc.

Experience doesn't really help our players. They peaked 2 years ago. Even Rapp seemed better.
    Rapp is still Rapp and had less room to get better because he was like Buddha: came in game ready. Can't imagine what more anyone wants out of him. When that fucker gets anywhere near the ball, shit happens. And when he hits people, they stop right where they are. The kid can't string 2 English sentences together, but he can play
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,940 Founders Club
    PurpleJ said:

I'm past the happy to be there phase. Fuck that. Win or GTFO.

Don't be content. None of us should be. But to got from Sark to playing for a NT is probably like a 6- 7 year time frame than 3- 5. Exhibit A: Dabo.
  • PurpleJPurpleJ Member Posts: 36,901 Founders Club

PurpleJ said:

Don't be content. None of us should be. But to got from Sark to playing for a NT is probably like a 6- 7 year time frame than 3- 5. Exhibit A: Dabo.
    We won't be Clemson in 2 years.
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,461 Swaye's Wigwam
    PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

We won't be Clemson in 2 years.
    Yeah we probably wont have a string of a title loss, title win, and playoff lose in a 3 year period.

Ill take a fucking playoff appearance and a NY6 win though

Fuck that noise. Have any of you watched college football this year? Every team not named Bama and Ohio State sucks donkey dick. Win that game yesterday and we’re a deserved top 5 team. Us losing doesn’t mean we don’t belong, it means Pete found a way to fuck up again when it actually mattered. There is no material difference between teams 3-20. You either nut up when it counts, or you fade away. We chose to fade.

Youre 100% right this loss and the Auburn loss was on the coaches. That doesnt negate the fact the coaches are still getting a lot out of mediocre talent. Everyone needs to improve
  • whuggywhuggy Member Posts: 2,088

Fuck that noise. Have any of you watched college football this year? Every team not named Bama and Ohio State sucks donkey dick. Win that game yesterday and we’re a deserved top 5 team. Us losing doesn’t mean we don’t belong, it means Pete found a way to fuck up again when it actually mattered. There is no material difference between teams 3-20. You either nut up when it counts, or you fade away. We chose to fade.

We would have been a top 5 team in the polls but not in actuality. You take all phases of the game including coaching and we are somewhere in the 10-15 range.
  • HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537

Pete blew the game. For fucks sake

Give Oregon their due for making plays but that wasn't Ohio State out there Groz that we were playing

IN year 5 saying we just needed to make a field goal is bull shit

Make the field goal. Better yet ram it up their ass and get 6

There was some astute drunken poster in the game thread that said at the beginning of the drive that if it ended in a field goal attempt WE lose...
  • UWhuskytskeetUWhuskytskeet Member Posts: 7,110
    whuggy said:

We would have been a top 5 team in the polls but not in actuality. You take all phases of the game including coaching and we are somewhere in the 10-15 range.
    i.e. Notre Dame, Michigan, Texas, UCF... basically everyone not named Alabama.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    There are a lot of good points in this thread, but I think we have a lot more talent than many believe.

Defensive scheme needs to be tweaked. I know we don't want to give up big plays, but you can't play nickel every down unless you have elite DL.

I could be wrong but the scheme seems more conservative than ever.

The 1-2 yard runs we gave up when we had Vea and depth are now 4-5 yard runs.

I used to expect to get stops on 4th and one. I know they are getting it every time now.

I don't care how good a secondary is, you're going to get beat sometimes if you don't get any pressure.

We got no pressure on Herbert at all until the end of the game. That's not a new issue either.

Potoa'e is basically a better coached Everette Thompson. Has he pressured a QB all year?

Ryan Bowman has done nothing this year. He tries to spin inside 90% of the time when rushing the passer.

Ngata has done very little since exciting us early in the season.

I saw #9 (Tryon) out there a little bit.

Offense has been talked about ad nauseam. It is what it is.
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,506 Swaye's Wigwam
    Pete needs to change things up because right now 2nd or 3rd in the North is his place.

I don't even really want to give him time to change anything; they should just fucking fire him.
  • oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    Firing Pete would be the dumbest thing UW could ever do, he's the best corch UW has ever had. You played a well coached top 10 team that's moving up in the world yesterday and lost due to a few stupid plays and bad breaks. Simple as that.
  • Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246

PurpleJ said:

You didn't play for a National Title.