Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Notice a trend here dumb fucks?

13»

Comments

• NorwegianHuskyNorwegianHusky Member Posts: 3,423

"It's hard" - Pete YellowSnow

You're entitled to your opinions, but not your own facts. Fact of the matter is that it is hard. That's why it is rare- i.e. Undefeated in league play. Georgia lost yesterday. Penn St has two losses now.
    Facts are great when you're not just using them as excuses. I agree with whuggy. If you're not doing everything you should be doing in order to win, it's not a comfort that it's hard, and that other teams are struggling too. IDGAF about other teams. This game was winnable with better coaching.
  • PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,694 Founders Club
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,940 Founders Club

I stand with @NorwegianHusky.

I don't. I'm a fucktarded Swede.
  • PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,694 Founders Club

I stand with @NorwegianHusky.

I don't. I'm a fucktarded Swede.
    I'm a fucktarded towelhead.

You're entitled to your opinions, but not your own facts. Fact of the matter is that it is hard. That's why it is rare- i.e. Undefeated in league play. Georgia lost yesterday. Penn St has two losses now.
    Facts are great when you're not just using them as excuses. I agree with whuggy. If you're not doing everything you should be doing in order to win, it's not a comfort that it's hard, and that other teams are struggling too. IDGAF about other teams. This game was winnable with better coaching.
    I don't disagree that there were some things worthy of criticism in the coaching in this one. What I'm saying is that over a nine game conference season, statistically you're going to have bad decisions from even good coaches. A game like this where there's a competitive disatvantage going in with a few key guys getting hurt in critical moments means that the coaching / game plan has to be excellent to flawless. We didn't get that in this contest. This doesn't mean that we're fucked in perpetuity with Pete.
  • BaphometBaphomet Member Posts: 1,511
    Houhusky said:

Why are we the only team in the country playing teams after BYEs??? It just doesnt make sense

totally unfair

The SEC doesn't schedule their teams to play like this.

They are smarter than the Pac12.
  • whuggywhuggy Member Posts: 2,088

I don't disagree that there were some things worthy of criticism in the coaching in this one. What I'm saying is that over a nine game conference season, statistically you're going to have bad decisions from even good coaches. A game like this where there's a competitive disatvantage going in with a few key guys getting hurt in critical moments means that the coaching / game plan has to be excellent to flawless. We didn't get that in this contest. This doesn't mean that we're fucked in perpetuity with Pete.
    Fair. No coach is gonna be flawless in game. Doesn't address the fact that he is retaining some weak staff. I'm a Pete fan but if he doesn't cull some deadwood this off season then he is not serious about winning a championship.
  • TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,873 Standard Supporter

Uh, I kinda think we are. Saban doesn't waste 2 timeouts and 35 seconds & put the game on the shoulders of a low-percentage kicker.
  • MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    MisterEm said:

Oregon is a winnable game. They are decent but aren't at all elite. So win it.

Nor is Washington.

We are not a CFP worthy team this year. So what.
    Weren't worthy in 2016 either.

This team is soft. 6-3 is still attainable.
    Still in play.

Hanging on to dear life for my 3-loss prediction this year.
    MisterEm said:

MisterEm said:

Nor is Washington.

Still in play.

This marks Pete's first loss to a vastly inferior team to us in TBS rankings since Utah and Cal in 2015.
  • MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685

MisterEm said:

MisterEm said:

Nor is Washington.

Still in play.

This marks Pete's first loss to a vastly inferior team to us in TBS rankings since Utah and Cal in 2015.
    Time for a Pete makeover.