Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Notice a trend here dumb fucks?

Comments

• YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,940 Founders Club

whuggy said:

You're right. We have all been Marinerized. Hoping for good things blindly even though we know in the end we will be fucked.
    We are stupid to believe different.

Fuck off with this nonsense. We should expect to compete for a PAC title every year. News flash: we've won the PAC 7 times in my life with at least one conference loss.
    You are saucy tonight rows. I like it!

Just make sure that the well-educated, gentlemen historian who brings a sense of balance and reasonableness to the board shows back up on Monday. We're counting on you.
    It's precisely because that I'm a gentleman, historian that I am putting this loss the proper context.
  • BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365

These types of games are hard to fucking win. Be pissed - that's fine. I sure as hell am. But quit acting like we lost to fucking Arizona or the Kewgs.

Huskies have lost three conference games sonce start of '17:
    - twice as road team vs home team off bye
    - once as road team on Friday night
    is sked the primary reason? no. is it a factor? can make that case
    I love you Snow, but WTF! No excuses. We fucking lost. Injuries. On the road. Blah. Blah; blah.

Find a way.
    Fill the sleeves!
    Take the PAC!
    MisterEm said:

Oregon is a winnable game. They are decent but aren't at all elite. So win it.

Nor is Washington.

We are not a CFP worthy team this year. So what.
    Weren't worthy in 2016 either.

This team is soft. 6-3 is still attainable.
    LIPO. 8-1 or 7-2 is far more likely than 6-3.

No one in their right mind should have predicted that this team would run the table in the PAC. But if you looked objectively at the schedule at the beginning this was our hardest conference game.
    Baseman said:

These types of games are hard to fucking win. Be pissed - that's fine. I sure as hell am. But quit acting like we lost to fucking Arizona or the Kewgs.

I love you Snow, but WTF! No excuses. We fucking lost. Injuries. On the road. Blah. Blah; blah.

Find a way.
    Fill the sleeves!
    Take the PAC!
    I'm not making excuses. We lost. We aren't good enough. I'm just saying every football game is a unique contest and some are harder than others. This is why 13 of the past 16 CFP teams had at least 1 loss.

• MikeSeaverMikeSeaver Member Posts: 4,572

I've ragged on Pete, I don't think he's a top 5 coach but he's good enough to make the playoffs and probably win if he gets better recruits and assistants.

Sounds like he’d be a better coach if he was a better coach.

We're the team you see on an alleged big game where you say oh they'll lose because they always do

Right now this is true until it's not.

But Pete doesn't lose the games that Don James lost either. Don James would have lost to UCLA last week and wouldn't be 5-0 against the Kewg like Pete. These both have/had their warts.
  • PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622

I can’t speak for the other “tards,” but my pissed offness has built up for awhile. This games is the manifestation of some horrible recruiting by Bob Gregory, Kwat and Malloe (before he got good).

We should never let a fucking oregon team line up and run the ball on us like that. We should never be near dead last in the conference in sacks, but we are.

Now we’re paying the price.
    Passion said:

I can’t speak for the other “tards,” but my pissed offness has built up for awhile. This games is the manifestation of some horrible recruiting by Bob Gregory, Kwat and Malloe (before he got good).

We should never let a fucking oregon team line up and run the ball on us like that. We should never be near dead last in the conference in sacks, but we are.

Now we’re paying the price.
    I agree wholeheartedly. We are paying for the sins of the 2014, 2015 and 16 recruiting right now. But it's almost like winning begets better recruiting which should then beget more wining. 2016 erased the stench of being a complete joke of a program and magically we started being able to recruit DTs and what not.
  • Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,167
    MisterEm said:

Oregon is a winnable game. They are decent but aren't at all elite. So win it.

Nor is Washington.

We are not a CFP worthy team this year. So what.
    Weren't worthy in 2016 either.

This team is soft. 6-3 is still attainable.
    We were the third best team in 2016.

The problem with the loss tonight wasn't that the scheduling screwed us. Sure, the way we approached this game would likely have been a win in marginally more favorable circumstances but the real problem is the coaches put us in that situation. This was easily avoidable through better coaching. We could have prepared a plan where this year's oregon team was not a threat top us, even given the shitty schedule. That is the perspective we need.
  • Avatarsare4fagsAvatarsare4fags Member Posts: 125

I've ragged on Pete, I don't think he's a top 5 coach but he's good enough to make the playoffs and probably win if he gets better recruits and assistants.

Pete doesn't like players or coaches if they have a hint of alpha. See all the Sark players in the nfl that he didn't like.. All the talented squares go to Stanford. That won't work here. Pete adjusts or lowers his level. He made a deal with the devil as soon as he signed up for a power 5. Step up or step off.
  • dtddtd Member Posts: 4,486 Standard Supporter

Baseman said:

Find a way.
    Fill the sleeves!
    Take the PAC!
    I'm not making excuses. We lost. We aren't good enough. I'm just saying every football game is a unique contest and some are harder than others. This is why 13 of the past 16 CFP teams had at least 1 loss.

And 12 of those 13 lost a conference game.

• Fear_BonerFear_Boner Member Posts: 779
  • LebamDawgLebamDawg Member Posts: 8,664 Standard Supporter
    Couple of things - one I did not see where the hype came from for this year. Realistically I thought we? would be 9-4 or 10-3. We lost Vita and it shows that no one has replaced him. Gaines has been solid but he is not Vita and the DL is not a pressure the passer DL. The OL has not been as dominate as predicted. enough said there.

Today I was surprised that JBBS was elusive as he was, the game plan appeared to me to be eliminate the quacks from pressuring the QB too much.

I have tried to stay away from the bored on game day - tonight is mild compared to other losses, amazing

PS USC is crunching the FLuffs
  • NorwegianHuskyNorwegianHusky Member Posts: 3,423
    "It's hard" - Pete YellowSnow

You're entitled to your opinions, but not your own facts. Fact of the matter is that it is hard. That's why it is rare- i.e. Undefeated in league play. Georgia lost yesterday. Penn St has two losses now.
  • whuggywhuggy Member Posts: 2,088

You're entitled to your opinions, but not your own facts. Fact of the matter is that it is hard. That's why it is rare- i.e. Undefeated in league play. Georgia lost yesterday. Penn St has two losses now.
    It is hard. Couldn't agree more. Therefore you have to look in the mirror and ask yourself are you doing EVERYTHING possible to win. If you're coach Pete you ask yourself am I being too conservative? If you're coach Pete you ask yourself am I getting the max out of my staff? My answers to those two questions are yes to the first and no to the second.
  • mobeymobey Member Posts: 3,254
    MisterEm said:

Losers lose.

Petersen is a loser until he isn't.

134-31
  • CrowningBrowningCrowningBrowning Member Posts: 25
    We need to pass more
  • mobeymobey Member Posts: 3,254
    Don James

175-79