Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Dave Samek & Kim: Good to know you're reading

2»

Comments

• RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    edited November 2013

Imagine how powerful Dawgman.com would be right now if they had embraced open dialogue and free expression. Imagine if Race and I were still there writing articles and we were providing one side of the argument while the other staff members were in the pro-Sark camp. Dawgman would have risen to greater heights than before and there would be no need for a Hardcore Husky. They would have been the center of the Husky universe. Instead, they fucked themselves over royally.

I agree that it would really, really help their business if they had at least one staff member who didn't suck Woodward and Sark's dick.

• NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    3/4 of Kim's business is here either Mike Damoned off the site or self exile
  • trackertracker Member Posts: 866

Imagine how powerful Dawgman.com would be right now if they had embraced open dialogue and free expression. Imagine if Race and I were still there writing articles and we were providing one side of the argument while the other staff members were in the pro-Sark camp. Dawgman would have risen to greater heights than before and there would be no need for a Hardcore Husky. They would have been the center of the Husky universe. Instead, they fucked themselves over royally.

There was a time when Dm.C was THE premier Scout website. . .known for open and honest dialogue. I miss that place. . .Kim's place, not at all.
  • TailgaterTailgater Member Posts: 1,389
    Gladstone said:

Great post.

@ Tailgater: Losing seasons and stagnant programs do not bring in more subscribers, absolutely not. Couple that with the removal of the free boards and I find it very hard to believe their numbers are up. They proved long ago that access to the program was paramount for them.

Although he's definitely in a rut at seven, Sark hasn't had losing seasons after his first at Montlake. You absolutely could be right that Dm.c subscriptions are falling as Sarkball's varnish wears off, but there is the narrative around here that doogs, at least the kind that Kim and his guys want subscribing would rather have seven to get fanatical about than be associated with an Internet site constantly hammered by frontrunning negas like us. I'm not sure about that, but I suppose there could be an Internet fanbase that doesn't share our enthusiasm for the return to Husky glory as we used to know it. There must always be those who walk on the other side.

• GladstoneGladstone Member Posts: 16,419
    edited November 2013

Spot on.

and there can never be a reconciliation. DM burns.
  • HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    tracker said:

There was a time when Dm.C was THE premier Scout website. . .known for open and honest dialogue. I miss that place. . .Kim's place, not at all.
    Yep. Its a shame what that place has become.
  • 90sHuskyFan90sHuskyFan Member Posts: 215
    Yeah, I had gotten suckered into the DM.com hype for a little while. I bought into all the talk on the old, open boards about the 'inside' recruiting information, which was "ONLY AVAILABLE WITH A SUBSCRIPTION!!!" Only to eventually realize (yes, it took me a bit to figure it out... fuck!) that they had no clue what the hell they were talking about as players jumped ship from the Sark led Titanic Dawgman calls OL & DL recruiting.
  • CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,005 Founders Club

I really don't get the feeling subscriptions are up in any meaningful way for doogman. The place is really quiet, and 90% of posts are by the same 20 usual suspects, including our own auburn.

Sure, most subscribers don't likely post. But I doubt it's a huge gulf. If they were thriving, you'd see more activity.

And let me add, successful message boards with good unique content aren't fucking paranoid about competitors. Any message of this place is immediately deleted over there. You can't even really make a passing reference to it. That's the response of people who are scared. When doogman subscribers find out about hardcore husky, Kim knows his empire will fall. I bet he is freaked out. Which is grand.

He's an absolute idiot for thinking this way. He's purged all the HHBs and chased off any negas left over there. It's the demographic he wants to have. Most people only want to see positives and will be drawn to a place like DM.com. Many people don't have the time to do the critical thinking that's needed to see why Sark isn't the guy and because of that, the superficial analysis and "insider" info from Kim and Phil Bleenor is awesome.
  • uw2010uw2010 Member Posts: 940
    edited November 2013

Yeah, I had gotten suckered into the DM.com hype for a little while. I bought into all the talk on the old, open boards about the 'inside' recruiting information, which was "ONLY AVAILABLE WITH A SUBSCRIPTION!!!" Only to eventually realize (yes, it took me a bit to figure it out... fuck!) that they had no clue what the hell they were talking about as players jumped ship from the Sark led Titanic Dawgman calls OL & DL recruiting.

I could only take so much of the fluffed Trip Reports before I was done. "XXXX absolutely loved it at Montlake, look for UW to be a player in this until signing day! He's working behind the scenes for a super-mega deal that will net us 7 5-star recruits. Oh, we were so close to landing an unprecedented group haul at the last hour, you don't even know! And you'll never know because I'm talking out of my ass and you have no way of verifying my bullshit, respeck da inside sources!" How anyone can put any credibility into those trip reports/inside sources at this point is beyond me. Even if the kids actually were saying they loved it, they say that about every trip so you can't glean any useful information from it. Between that and the useless "inside info," Doogman provides absolutely no value to its subscribers. The main value used to come from the boards, but now those have been nuked and we have a more than capable replacement.
  • no_uhno_uh Member Posts: 762

Truth. In the same light, I'd suggest taking it easier on those here who attempt to promote/rationalize Sark. Although, I've yet to see someone do so convincingly...