Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Dave Samek & Kim: Good to know you're reading

CheersWestDawgCheersWestDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,477 Swaye's Wigwam
"I mean, Kim's word appears to carry a LOT of weight. His every move is tracked on an entire web site and hashed out in great detail on an hourly basis. Entire stories are dedicated to his prowess." -Dave Samek

Thanks for reading Dave. It's a relief to know you've taken a timeout from allegedly cheating on your wife to read what we have to say here. It's an honor.

The reason Kim's word is tracked here is to hold him accountable for the horseshit he's peddled over the years. We've tried to hold him, Eklund, and Fetters accountable for what they said when we were subscribers on your website, but they just go ahead and delete anything that challenges what they've said. Since that's how your staff has dealt with things, then the only option was to start our own website and call them out in this forum.

When we look at our numbers, it's obvious lots of your current and former members have decided to come here to discuss Husky football in freedom rather than at your website where only what Kim wants discussed is allowed to stay on your message boards. Don't get me wrong, we love looking at your "higher discussion board" and seeing Kim move, delete, edit, and lock damn near every thread that's started over there on gameday when Sark blows another game during this "special season".

I know losing readers is a shot to the pills, but your guys had their chance and the lying, manipulative, incorrect, and snide comments your staff has made over the years to customers has finally taken it's toll and now you can sit and spin on it.

Keep it up. I beg you. Keep telling your readers shit like, "Chip Kelly is gay", "Mora will implode", "2013 will be a special season", "X and Y recruit are idiots", "Ed Orgeron wants to go back to the NFL", and "The O-line is fine" and you'll keep pushing readership over here because people who aren't Section14a Fucking Stupid will eventually see your site for what it is: A place where Kim's views trump everyone else's so he can try to become someone who matters in the Husky football/Seattle sports scene. His ego will be your website's downfall.

Comments

• MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    Don't forget that they'll move all threads related to Sark as coach off the higher level bored unless thread is started by JohnB to argue keeping the 7 win mediocre intern acting as coach.
  • HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    Absolutely fucking nailed it Cheers.
  • TheKobeStopperTheKobeStopper Member Posts: 5,959
    I'll just roll my eyes.
  • TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813
    Great mother fucking poast. It's shit like this that keep me paying here....
  • TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813
    I only hit "Awesome because there isn't an "Awesomer".

Mods? Devs?
  • RaccoonHarryRaccoonHarry Member Posts: 2,160
    TommySQC said:

I only hit "Awesome because there isn't an "Awesomer".

Mods? Devs?

I had the same problem. Sometimes Awesome just isn't enough!
  • loadsockloadsock Member Posts: 686
    Many talk about threads that deliver. This one does and then some.
  • IrishDawg22IrishDawg22 Member Posts: 2,754
    I will drink to that.

Well I will drink to anything, but I will take an EXTRA swig for that post.
  • AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    IrishDoog22 is proof positive that our Doogs is learning.
  • GladstoneGladstone Member Posts: 16,419
    Great post.

@ Tailgater: Losing seasons and stagnant programs do not bring in more subscribers, absolutely not. Couple that with the removal of the free boards and I find it very hard to believe their numbers are up. They proved long ago that access to the program was paramount for them.
  • uw2010uw2010 Member Posts: 940
  • trackertracker Member Posts: 866
    Tailgater said:

Just before the end of my rope as my long-time subscription was running out, even Samek who had always been polite to me in a customer respect kind of way, dropped any attempt at civil debate or discussion,..... and began to attack me as a liar when I posted on weaknesses in SarkBall that were indisputable. I was a bit surprised by the Dawgman's seeming loss of neutrality in defending the site he started and the staff of doogs that had taken control, but I left the scene of many years wasted time wondering why I had bothered to be there in the first place. It really stopped being fun when Dawgman.com turned into Typology.com even though Husky Football was in big trouble and could use as much blog help of a negative nature it could get.

I am certain that Dawgman.com made a committed, planed, and concerted effort in the past couple of years to chase away all remaining negas hanging around. There seemed to be a method to it, particularly when Samek showed up to defend the Dm.c Insiders and more and more demonstrate his nearly total ignorance or knowledge of football. I don't know how Dm.c's business is doing these days since they've had so much success chasing reprehensible negas out of their store and I truly don't care. Because I'm an incurable Husky Fooball fanatic, I used to enjoy their Insider reports and articles on the players, recruits and team developments, but the content as it went from homer propaganda to hyperbolic bullshit gradually became repetitive and frankly boring.

I do think it's possible that Dm.c's subscriptions and their business interests could be on the rise..... for as we heard repeatedly over there for the past few years, doogs far outnumber negas in the World of Internet football and our presence possibly kept hords of lurking doogs from subscribing. My experience tells me it's true that in these times, more people than not are uncomfortable with debate and the pros and cons which inevitably come with discussion in any forum of negatives. Now that most of us have taken our front-running ways and attitudes elsewhere, Dm.c ownership and staff have the opportunity to prove their doog business model an improvement and success.

To summarize, fuck 'em.
  • chrisvashonchrisvashon Member Posts: 627
    edited November 2013
    I really don't get the feeling subscriptions are up in any meaningful way for doogman. The place is really quiet, and 90% of posts are by the same 20 usual suspects, including our own auburn.

Sure, most subscribers don't likely post. But I doubt it's a huge gulf. If they were thriving, you'd see more activity.

And let me add, successful message boards with good unique content aren't fucking paranoid about competitors. Any message of this place is immediately deleted over there. You can't even really make a passing reference to it. That's the response of people who are scared. When doogman subscribers find out about hardcore husky, Kim knows his empire will fall. I bet he is freaked out. Which is grand.
  • HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295

I really don't get the feeling subscriptions are up in any meaningful way for doogman. The place is really quiet, and 90% of posts are by the same 20 usual suspects, including our own auburn.

Sure, most subscribers don't likely post. But I doubt it's a huge gulf. If they were thriving, you'd see more activity.

And let me add, successful message boards with good unique content aren't fucking paranoid about competitors. Any message of this place is immediately deleted over there. You can't even really make a passing reference to it. That's the response of people who are scared. When doogman subscribers find out about hardcore husky, Kim knows his empire will fall. I bet he is freaked out. Which is grand.

What Kim/Dawgman has done the last few years is very bad for business in the long run and friends of theirs have even told them that.

They'll be irrelevant by the time the next coach is hired and totally fucked if its a real coach who won't give them any "access."