Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Recruiting IQ Test #2: How realistic are you?

2»

Comments

• Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    No - WE HAVE SO MANY DISADVANTAGES, PETE AND OKGS, PLUS WE DON'T EVEN WANT TO!
    But not for the reason you stated. Pete doesn't let guys go so our classes are smaller. Which is why we do better on the composite ranking than the regular. And why Sark classes looked better on paper (cause he always had room for 26 recruits).
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,443
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Yes - We are likely to sign top 3 players at almost every position in the West this year, why couldn't we continue that and improve on it?
    Come watch hondo struggle on every bored
  • Options

2001400ex said:

But not for the reason you stated. Pete doesn't let guys go so our classes are smaller. Which is why we do better on the composite ranking than the regular. And why Sark classes looked better on paper (cause he always had room for 26 recruits).

Jesus Christ. Top 15 overall, top 10 average recruit rating. You think we can’t do that?

I’m shaking and about to vomit.
    Every single year? We SHOULD be able to do that, yes. But the way Pete is, he wants to build him team on the BBKs of the world, and is arrogant enough to think he can win with them.

HTH
  • Options
    animateanimate Member Posts: 4,231
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

Jesus Christ. Top 15 overall, top 10 average recruit rating. You think we can’t do that?

I’m shaking and about to vomit.
    Every single year? We SHOULD be able to do that, yes. But the way Pete is, he wants to build him team on the BBKs of the world, and is arrogant enough to think he can win with them.

HTH
    I think there's a degree of truth in thi statement. Love to have fatters bring this up in the weekly media scrum

• Options

I don't think Pete WANTS to have scrappy white guys, I think it was what he could get at Boise

You act like he could come in here after a decade plus of shit and bring in top ten classes. Its hard

Well now he his and I am pretty sure he is as unhappy with having our bend and then bend some more defense as we? are

He can do it and there is no reason to expect anything else unless you are hondoFS

This.

Next year we are already top 2-5 for basically every good player on the West Coast. Does anyone think that for some reason recruiting will be worse?

The Doog is so strong in people, they just cannot fucking let it go. Let it go.
    The question was "is it realistic".... With Pete, he will never consistently recruit top 15 classes. I think we should, but that's not who he is. He loves the try hard white guy that is underrated.
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Yes - We are likely to sign top 3 players at almost every position in the West this year, why couldn't we continue that and improve on it?
    2001400ex said:

I don't think Pete WANTS to have scrappy white guys, I think it was what he could get at Boise

You act like he could come in here after a decade plus of shit and bring in top ten classes. Its hard

Well now he his and I am pretty sure he is as unhappy with having our bend and then bend some more defense as we? are

He can do it and there is no reason to expect anything else unless you are hondoFS

This.

Next year we are already top 2-5 for basically every good player on the West Coast. Does anyone think that for some reason recruiting will be worse?

The question was "is it realistic".... With Pete, he will never consistently recruit top 15 classes. I think we should, but that's not who he is. He loves the try hard white guy that is underrated.
    So, I think it's probably a bit premature to talk about 2022... but in 2019, 2020 and 2021 we have a good shot to end up top 15.

Is there a reason that's going to change?

I know Pete has as soft spot for try hards... but I don't see one try-hard in this year's commits:

Drew - probably the closest
    Cam - no
    Taj - no
    Nate - hell no
    Julius - no
    Troy - F no
    Corey - no
    Pa'ama - F no
    Ngalu - second closest?
    Tuitele - fuck no
    Bandes - no
    Trice - the opposite
    Ah You - close, but he's fast and 6-2
    Tuputala - the opposite
    KamFab - fuck no
    Turner - Jesus no
    Cam - he had a 3 hour commit announcement
  • Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

2001400ex said:

This.

So, I think it's probably a bit premature to talk about 2022... but in 2019, 2020 and 2021 we have a good shot to end up top 15.

I know Pete has as soft spot for try hards... but I don't see one try-hard in this year's commits:

Cam - no
    Taj - no
    Nate - hell no
    Julius - no
    Troy - F no
    Corey - no
    Pa'ama - F no
    Ngalu - second closest?
    Tuitele - fuck no
    Bandes - no
    Trice - the opposite
    Tuputala - the opposite
    KamFab - fuck no
    Turner - Jesus no
    WTF is Drew? You mean Dylan old man?
  • Options

2001400ex said:

This.

Cam - no
    Taj - no
    Nate - hell no
    Julius - no
    Troy - F no
    Corey - no
    Pa'ama - F no
    Ngalu - second closest?
    Tuitele - fuck no
    Bandes - no
    Trice - the opposite
    Tuputala - the opposite
    KamFab - fuck no
    Turner - Jesus no
    I see where you are coming from. But right now we are at 23, composite at 18. And average stars about 20. Granted we don't have a full class and it's awfully warm for February. It will take a near perfect close for us to end up top 15.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited October 2018
    Considering the in-state classes the next two years, it should get done.

Hard to say otherwise. Alabama, Texas, USC, Georgia, Ohio State, Michigan, Clemson, FSU, Oklahoma, A&M, LSU, Penn State, Auburn, Notre Dame.

It's kind of stupid to pretend these teams don't exist. They recruit well pretty much every year and that probably won't change. There were a few more I could have added.

My expectations aren't low either. I expect to win the PAC 12 and compete for championships.

Get top 15 classes and develop them. Nothing has changed. We're getting better.
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,265
    Swaye's Wigwam

2001400ex said:

This.

You’re confusing his past with his current and his trajectory.

Yes, at Boise he thrived with diamonds in the rough so to speak. That was because he couldn’t get higher level recruits.

The team as it currently stands is a blend of high level athlete and try hards. This, it seems Pete has an affinity for try hards and there is this Doog narrative that he’d prefer a less talented, underrated, try hard kid.

In reality, he had bad recruiters who couldn’t compete at this level and as such had to take plan B and C guys, or rather try hards.

It took 3 recruiting cycles for Pete to replace those coaches or get the coaches he had to start swinging big. As such, he has a blended roster right now (remember, where you are right now is based on how you recruited years ago). It wasn’t that he preferred try hards.

If that was the case, then why have we? been leveling up in recruiting the last 3 cycles (including this one)? The targets Pete has gone after are the same that Bama, ND, Stanford, USC, and Oregon are going after.

If Pete preferred try hards, we? would be going head to head with WSU, OSU, Arizona, etc.

The trajectory shows that Pete prefers talent, as each recruiting cycle has been ranked higher and higher. The next few years are continuing the trajectory.

Don’t be a retard.
    TLDR

• Options
    SarkFanSixtyNineSarkFanSixtyNine Member Posts: 362
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

Easy no
    This is his role model
    If he ever achieves a team of elite talent he will leave and be replaced by Sark who will squander it and destroy the reputation of the program forever