Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Recruiting IQ Test #2: How realistic are you?

Is it realistic for us to be able to sign top 15 classes (top 10 by 247 rating average) every year?

Recruiting IQ Test #2: How realistic are you? 56 votes

No - WE HAVE SO MANY DISADVANTAGES, PETE AND OKGS, PLUS WE DON'T EVEN WANT TO!
14%
2001400exThe_Undertakersection_332Pitchfork51El_KRedRocketRealRhinoSarkFanSixtyNine 8 votes
Yes - We are likely to sign top 3 players at almost every position in the West this year, why couldn't we continue that and improve on it?
80%
CFetters_Nacho_LoverRaceBannonSwayeHillsboroDuckMad_SonPassionlongduckdongDennis_DeYoungTTJExtraChrisBStinky_HankeyTequillabiak1HUSKYFANATICSarkinghamhaiekh83huskyhooliganGreenRiverGatorzDHD 45 votes
I'm Not Sure - I bought into the bullshit that recruiting wasn't important on HH during the Sark era (b/c it wasn't) and I have a hard time updating my beliefs, plus I watch the NFL a lot and they seem to be able to just replace players via free agency and I expect the same model to happen here even though I have no idea how that would work.
5%
PatHadenFSBasemanCrawfish 3 votes

Comments

• Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Yes - We are likely to sign top 3 players at almost every position in the West this year, why couldn't we continue that and improve on it?
    Answer key:

No - IQ of 12. You should light yourself on fire and take a rocket into the sun.
    Yes - IQ of 115+. Good, you can stay. You understand that there are no excuses for shitty classes. We need good players, period.
    I'm Not Sure - IQ of 115 or below. In order for this species to survive, we can only have the cream of the crop. Kill yourself.
  • Options
    CrawfishCrawfish Member Posts: 734
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    I'm Not Sure - I bought into the bullshit that recruiting wasn't important on HH during the Sark era (b/c it wasn't) and I have a hard time updating my beliefs, plus I watch the NFL a lot and they seem to be able to just replace players via free agency and I expect the same model to happen here even though I have no idea how that would work.
    I am not voting in this poll because I am not sure of the right answer.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

Crawfish said:

There is literally an answer 'not sure'. I'm going to suggest an IP ban.
    Awfully warm for Friday, but do it!!!!
  • Options
    edited October 2018

Crawfish said:

Fine, you peer pressured me to vote for the "I'm not sure" option. Please let the record show that my vote was under duress.
  • Options
    Crawfish said:

Crawfish said:

Fine, you peer pressured me to vote for the "I'm not sure" option. Please let the record show that my vote was under duress.
    So noted.
  • Options
    IPukeOregonGrellowIPukeOregonGrellow Member Posts: 2,183
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

Crawfish said:

• Options

Can't take years off either

Need to stack top 15 classes and league titles like cord wood to get to the top of the nation

And it's a long way

To the top

If you want to rock and roll

Race GETS IT.
  • Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    edited October 2018
    We still let Bob Gregory recruit LBs to play behind Malloe’s DT’s and in front of Lakes secondary.

We launched Chris Strausser, CFB’s best tactical and development OL coach, for Huff. We traded Pete’s bosom buddy, Brent Pease, for unproven Matt Lubick and we keep a RB coach who prefers working beef over upgrading Kamari Pleasant and our new power back, Sean McGrew.

Considering my sub 116 IQ, I’m obviously missing something...
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,797
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    This.
  • Options
    DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    I just want to note that I thoroughly enjoy when you Chin your own rants.

I just love Dennis being Dennis.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Your standards are too low Dennis ... Top 10 is the floor IMO going forward
  • Options
    El_KEl_K Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,100
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    Swaye's Wigwam
    No - WE HAVE SO MANY DISADVANTAGES, PETE AND OKGS, PLUS WE DON'T EVEN WANT TO!
    voted No because it was losing
  • Options
    El_K said:

voted No because it was losing

You have a big heart. Bless your soul.
  • Options
    PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Are you allowed to "chincredible" your own post?

• Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Passion said:

Are you allowed to "chincredible" your own post?

Only if you're a mod.

Some of us are more equal than others.