Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

We are officially the 2nd best TBS roster

Comments

• SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,357 Founders Club
    Like TSIO guys have been saying, you can do it with Clemson level recruiting. Need 10'sh more 4 stars. Not happening with Kwat.
  • SourcesSources Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,962 Founders Club
    edited October 2018
    We should be near the top 10 after this year's class and firmly there after the following year or two.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,543 Founders Club
    If you wonder why REAL Trojan fans hate Helton look who is #4

Of the top ten, SC and Michigan join LSU as doing the least with the most. And Notre Dame who always cries poor about how tuff it is to recruit when they go 7 and 5

Everyone except SC and Michigan have played for or won a National title this decade

And now you know the rest of the story
  • BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,346

Of the top ten, SC and Michigan join LSU as doing the least with the most. And Notre Dame who always cries poor about how tuff it is to recruit when they go 7 and 5

Everyone except SC and Michigan have played for or won a National title this decade

Not a recruiting nerd, but do you think that USC just recruits shitty high star guys, or is it all lack of development by the corches?

Abundance?
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,543 Founders Club

Not a recruiting nerd, but do you think that USC just recruits shitty high star guys, or is it all lack of development by the corches?

Abundance?
    Your eyes are as good as @GrandpaSankey
  • Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754

I thought oregon was kicking our ass in recruiting?

@Dennis_DeYoung

@CokeGreaterThanPepsi

There is a difference between 'this year' and 'the previous 4 years'. Dig deeper.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,429 Founders Club

I thought oregon was kicking our ass in recruiting?

@Dennis_DeYoung

@CokeGreaterThanPepsi

There is a difference between 'this year' and 'the previous 4 years'. Dig deeper.
    Be a better poster?
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,853
    Hurts the cuog imo
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,987 Founders Club
    Crazy don't you think @creepycoug that little old Worshington is basically tied with the mighty U? Having a kewl on campus Stadium must help more than 5 NTs.
  • PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,731 Founders Club
    HELTON GOOD AT EVERYTHING!!
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,987 Founders Club

What important to note here is that every year this is going to improve quite a bit for us.

Teams like Bama and tOSU have these players distributed throughout their roster. For us, we primarily have these players as freshmen.

If you look at who is likely to leave and who we are likely to sign, this becomes happier:

LEAVE:
    QB - JB (4)
    RB - MG (3)
    WR - JC (3)
    TE - DS (3), MN (3)
    OL - KM (4), TA (4), DB (2)
    DL - GG (3), JJ (3), SB (3)
    ILB - BBK (3), TB (3), KM (3)
    DB - JM (3), TR (3), BM (4)

So, that’s (at most) 4 guys leaving who were in this tier. Not that everyone else isn’t good - it’s really not about that, it’s just about overall talent on the roster.

We are likely to sign about 10-12 4/5 star kids:

Dylan M
    Cam Davis
    Kalepo
    Buelow
    Tuitele
    Bandes
    Heimuli
    Turner
    KamFab

Guys we have currently who could end up 4-stars:

Taj
    Fautanu
    Pa’ama
    Cam W.

I don’t think we have much of a shot with Ford; we have no real chance at McCoy or Ngata; I doubt we sign a decent TE, I don’t think we’ll get Rhyan, we could add Ika, Latu is unlikely, but possible (Patu as well), Henry T is possible and we could add one more DB who would probably be in this group.

So that’s 4 out, 11-13 in.

+6 at the minimum in my view.

2020 should be about the same. We should be around 40-45 by 2020.

2020 will be special.

I love the optimist side of bi-polar DDY.
    And the realism of putting Trey down as a departure.
    At this point, Trey needs to determine the lowest risk strategy for getting paid.
  • animateanimate Member Posts: 4,236

What important to note here is that every year this is going to improve quite a bit for us.

Teams like Bama and tOSU have these players distributed throughout their roster. For us, we primarily have these players as freshmen.

If you look at who is likely to leave and who we are likely to sign, this becomes happier:

LEAVE:
    QB - JB (4)
    RB - MG (3)
    WR - JC (3)
    TE - DS (3), MN (3)
    OL - KM (4), TA (4), DB (2)
    DL - GG (3), JJ (3), SB (3)
    ILB - BBK (3), TB (3), KM (3)
    DB - JM (3), TR (3), BM (4)

So, that’s (at most) 4 guys leaving who were in this tier. Not that everyone else isn’t good - it’s really not about that, it’s just about overall talent on the roster.

We are likely to sign about 10-12 4/5 star kids:

Dylan M
    Cam Davis
    Kalepo
    Buelow
    Tuitele
    Bandes
    Heimuli
    Turner
    KamFab

Guys we have currently who could end up 4-stars:

Taj
    Fautanu
    Pa’ama
    Cam W.

I don’t think we have much of a shot with Ford; we have no real chance at McCoy or Ngata; I doubt we sign a decent TE, I don’t think we’ll get Rhyan, we could add Ika, Latu is unlikely, but possible (Patu as well), Henry T is possible and we could add one more DB who would probably be in this group.

So that’s 4 out, 11-13 in.

+6 at the minimum in my view.

2020 should be about the same. We should be around 40-45 by 2020.

2020 will be special.

Pay this man 10.95! Best chit evar.